The inequality on these forums.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic / Spam / Memes' started by CaptainJackValdy, Mar 28, 2016.

1. CaptainJackValdy

CaptainJackValdy I got a plan to save the server, just have faith

Minecraft:
    CaptainJackValdy
    Warning,
    this is my opinion.
    Don't bring bring potato guns to me please.

So, this has been bothering for quite a while now. And I might've forgotten about it but then I remembered it again because of Jerry's post on this thread that is asking you if you would be stuck in one age, which age it would've been:
    image.jpeg
    This entire topic is obviously interesting and I went to check people's opinions about it. Because I like seeing what people think of things... but either way, Jerry ended up making an overused joke of the number 69.
    image.jpeg
    "But Jack! Everyone likes to make silly jokes at some point, even you like doing it!" Well, it's not the joke that bothers me. What bothers me is the amount of people that "liked" the post which means you approve the message. Now imagine, I don't know, someone who isn't the staff member, isn't the owner and isn't very special for anything really, posting this at the same thread. This guy would be either a) Completely ignored or b) would've been hated for his... "Immaturity". Part of me feels that this amount of people "approved" the post only because it's Jerry. The owner.
    image.jpeg

"No one cares if the joke's not funny or overused. It's Jerry, for Christ's sake!" well, that's what I'm sad about. Simply because he's Jerry he gets so much praise over something the majority would call stupid and immature. But I won't be talking about Jerry, he hasn't done anything bad yet. let's look at people like pwnagepotato:
    image.jpeg

"What's the big deal about him, Mr. Jack?" well, only because he's potato, he can get away with whatever the hell he does. Remember back in December when Valentino ruined everyone's dreams by spoiling the plot twist with this image?
    image.jpeg

Well, what do you think this gentleman got? Hate, obviously.

But hey, gotta admit he got what he deserved really.

But how da hell does Valentino has to do with this. Well, Valentino is a no one compared to potato. No offence to Valentino himself, but clearly there aren't a lot of people who care about what he has to say too much. Potato on the other hand, the entire forums will carefully listen to what he has to say. Even if it's something as stupid as Deez Nuts.

Well, some time later, potato wanted to trick everyone! He was writing his random shit he has an habitude of writing and added THE SAME F**KING IMAGE into the spoiler! And said that the spoiler was a face reveal! What was his punishment? NOTHING! The only thing that happened was Jerry putting a warning under the spoiler.
    image.png

I also love the amount of people liking this post, thus saying "Oh, you know, you may have ruined OUR ENTIRE F**KING EXPERIENCE!!! But you're potato, you're allowed to."

Jesus, simply because he's potato he's allowed to do whatever the fuck he pleases! And even get praise for it.

Why? I don't have a single f**king clue really. I think it's because he's Jerry's and Harry's friend... But simply because you are lucky to be the owners' friend, you can't just get away with the things you have done. Youve ruined many people's experience with this image. In my view, you did something equally bad as what Valentino did. Just he got hate for it, you got praise. That's very unfair.

So this is what I think of this "Inequality" of a sort. It technically is inequality because it's unfair. But what do you think of all of this?

PS: Last time I made something similar thread about musical.ly, I enjoyed my time reading your opinions so thank you so much for sharing those opinions. If I find anything else I find interesting to be discussing about, I'll make more of these. Thank you! :)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  2. hamnah

hamnah Hannah Donator

Minecraft:
    hamnahx
    I agree with you completely!

KaiserVenom and CaptainJackValdy like this.
  3. _Magical

_Magical Pokémon trainer

yea ikr like errybody be h8ing on me bc i do something bad but when another person does something bad like me repetitively they dont get h8ed.
    where the respect 4 magical gone
    #YoureAllHypocritesByCallingEachOtherHypocrites

4. Smg

Smg Retired | Also known as 'Phaithful' Donator

Minecraft:
    Phaithful_
    I think the main reason they get all this attention is because they are very well known around the community, as they appear(ed) in the IJAH videos. I know you did not state this in your thread, but I'd like to talk about the Staff members as well. They get all these likes because they are..staff members. People may like their post if they solve a report, or just simply have a good point in a 'Suggestion' thread. It really varies. I do get and relate to this thread, but we cannot have a perfect community. It is simply impossible.

But yes, I do agree that if a "well known" member(s) says something controversial, then they should get punished just like a not "well known" member would.

CaptainJackValdy and KaiserVenom like this.
  5. KaiserVenom

KaiserVenom Veteran Donator

Minecraft:
    KronprinzVenom
    I made a thread about this a little while back, which most of you have already read.
    I agree with you 100%, because this was exactly one of the points I wanted to convey. I cannot stress it enough how much I agree with you. I myself have fallen towards this criteria of inequality, and I will put an image here as well as the link:
    image.jpeg
    I highlighted my point I wanted you to read in red.

If you have not already read it, it is on my information page, and in this link here:
    http://itsjerryandharry.com/threads/different-kinds-of-likes.89097/

Edit: This thread will appear on my information page as well.

6. animelover999

animelover999 Donator

We can have some fun in my opinion, but maybe we should leave it in the off topic section for the spam. I see lots of these sometimes on serious threads and such and I think it just gets peoples' attention. I mean honestly, I've done stuff like that before in the past, but why can't we have a serious thread on a specific topic.

Let me give an example as something like the topic name "Food" and the thread is about posting your favourite food. But some guy comes up and makes a funny meme and gets lot of likes about it.

I understand they want to be funny as well, but I don't really have anything in my mind on how to stop it. Unless we can make a serious suggestion about this so the owners can sort it out and all, or we can put this aside and let the community have a great time.

Overall, I really want to make a stand but first I need your opinions and all. I have no idea what to do.

7. ItsHarry

ItsHarry Owner Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsHarry
    Some people get more virtual like points on the internet than others, that's life.

sss, Sofie, iParis and 18 others like this.
  8. ItsJerry

ItsJerry DEAD SERVER!!! LMAO!!! Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsJerry
    And Kanye West gets 100k favorites & retweets on some dumb tweet

sss, Sofie, Xandalf and 17 others like this.
  9. Kaylyn

Kaylyn resigned Donator

Minecraft:
    kkaylyn
    my opinion on the jerry thing: i honestly don't see the big deal in it. sure, it's an overused joke, but people still find humor in it. even if a newbie commented that, they would at least get a few likes.

my opinion on the potato situation: i completely agree with you. I don't think anyone should be posting spoilers to a very popular movie. valentino was hated on for what he posted, yet potato was praised for it. maybe it's because he's more well-known and he has been in j&h's videos, who knows, but it's still unfair.

10. jessie

jessie Donator

bruh.png
    bruh1.png
    Quick question...
    Has anyone not seen the movie yet and still cares about the spoil?
    Neither of them were warned and to my knowledge, neither had a punishment.
    Super glad to see that we only remember the important things of the past!!!!
    jerry haters everywhere

iParis, Aiden, MC_Scout and 7 others like this.
  11. KlulessdoesMC

KlulessdoesMC YouTube: Klockorino

Minecraft:
    KlulessKitsune
    1) I like the IHE spinoff.

2) the owners of servers, forums, etc. always get more attention. It annoys me a little, but I guess nothing we can do to stop it because it technically isn't bad.

12. X__Ninja__X

X__Ninja__X yeep Donator

Minecraft:
    X__Ninja__X
    Hell yes! Completely Agee!
    A person who gets promoted into a staff member gets followers from 1-10000 I swear.

13. _Magical

_Magical Pokémon trainer

Certain forum sections get more attention than others! :(
    #RIPignoredforumsections
    #ForumEquality

14. Heatdude Da Waffle

Heatdude Da Waffle Admin | Builds Things Staff Member Administrator

Minecraft:
    Heatdude
    I don't see how this is unfair at all, it's life.
    This isn't a communist country where everybody is supposed to be equal, so don't expect everybody to. If a person has been in the community and has worked their way to having a lot of friends or being well known in the community, you should expect them to get more likes on their posts.
    As another point, if somebody I know posts something immature I'll know they're doing it ironically or in a mocking way, but if somebody I don't know posts the same thing I don't know if they're just doing it out of immaturity or something.

As for the thing with Potato, for everybody who had seen Valentino's thread, it wasn't anything new, so they weren't angry. Also, Valentino posted the spoiler before the movie was even released. It was a post that ruined the moment for anybody and everybody that saw the thread. The original name of Valentino's thread was something like "Star wars fans look at this!" and Potato's thread had no such lead to purposefully spoil it for specifically star wars fans. You can't just look at the two posts and sum it up to "Oh it's because it's potato and he's popular!"

sss, Sofie, jessie and 5 others like this.
  15. Superfrog

Superfrog Donator

If your popular people will try and latch onto you, It's the rule of thumb. People will suck up for popularity and friendship for being "cool."
    I digress but Staff will be popular always because they are staff, because people like staff friends.

16. stanateez

stanateez hongjoong enthusiast Donator

No offense Jack but if you got that many likes I dont think you would be complaining :/

17. CaptainJackValdy

CaptainJackValdy I got a plan to save the server, just have faith

Minecraft:
    CaptainJackValdy
    I didn't complain about likes, I complained about bias likes.
    Venom Snake even posted this:

KaiserVenom and stanateez like this.
  18. stanateez

stanateez hongjoong enthusiast Donator

well i mean they are the owners of the server, if you had your own server and forums then you would get 'bias' likes to.

KaiserVenom and cingle like this.
  19. Kitao

Kitao ...

Minecraft:
    WastedMoonlight
    Not to mention they have over a million subscribers on youtube...

cingle, KaiserVenom and stanateez like this.
  20. TheFriendlyStranger

TheFriendlyStranger *~Professional Jude Harley~*

Minecraft:
    Dongerinos (Rather inactive at this point)
    True. When I started writing fanfiction on Creative 2, people latched onto me like they were blind kittens and I was their mother. I got 15 messages a day, and they were all people asking if they could be in one. Ah, good times.