Different Kinds of Likes.

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by KaiserVenom, Mar 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KaiserVenom

KaiserVenom Veteran Donator

Minecraft:
    KronprinzVenom
    Hello! I making this thread today based off of somethings I have noticed around here in this community, more specifically about likes. Some people like, well, to like things, so I have made a small list for different kinds of likes.

This is not a tutorial!

The Funny Post.

It is almost guaranteed that you have seen a funny gif/image on this forum, is not, you are living under a rock. Funny things=Likes=More Funny thinks.

Well deserved too, I do not laugh much anymore.

The "I Read-It-All" Like.
    This one is received not because someone actually likes your post, it signifies that they read it. This either happens in debates, or in tbh/ama threads. I have received a lot of these in the political threads.

The Attention Seeking Like.
    You knew this was coming eventually, people love attention, so they will think of a sad story or something else. This is not a good thing, but they receive a lot of likes undeservingly. Another attention seeking like would be when someone is double posting, but that is more rare. I am not guilty of this as if right now, and I plan not to do so anytime soon.

The "Oh My Dayum Tis True" Like.
    This is the kind of like this thread might receive. Basically this means people agree with you because something you said was true, so they will obviously like your post.

The Bias Like.
    This is the one that bothers me the most. This happens when you are really popular, and people will like your post, even if you are insulting everyone, or if you are just normally just posting things, they will receive all the likes too. Because your popular. I do not care about likes, but I hate it when people get them because of bias.
    I think anyone would.

The Political Like.
    This is when you either post a funny Donald Trump picture, or you post in a political debate about something. This also is a form of bias also, depending if it is a debate, or a Donald Trump picture.

The Drama Like.
    This depends on how much you have been here for. If you start drama, people will start to monitor your posts, and they will become angrier depending on what you did to them. People will not actually like your posts, but it will signify that you made something hit the fan either on purpose, or on accident. This one is one you do not want to receive.

The Spammy/Friend Like.
    This is the like of like which friends will either go though and like all of their status/posts to be funny, or to increase like count for their friend. This is (mostly) exchanged from popular user to another user. The other 20% would be between people who think it is funny.

Once again, this is not a tutorial, but more of pointing out that these my view on things.
    A little bit of a PSA too.

I will give my opinion about it now:
    I see likes as more a number that gets you attention. Everyone likes "likes", but some people take it to the next level. We all like that alert in our inbox saying "Venom_Snake liked your post in etc."

I personally see it and have a slight moment of happiness and maybe be a little proud of myself.
    But it does not last for longer that a second! It is good to receive likes, but not if you are going to enter your forum "career" around it damnit!

I hope you enjoyed reading this, and maybe have learned something from it. PM me if I should add or delete something as always.

Until next time,
    Venom.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  2. snoopie123

snoopie123

Minecraft:
    NatePG
    I like this

KaiserVenom and DELETEDACCOUNT like this.
  3. RealTDITyler

RealTDITyler Will you love me after all the mistakes I've made?

Minecraft:
    TeamTyler
    I suggested something like this, called "ratings" ._.

4. iParis

iParis //

lmao u want likes so bad

5. _GrapeJuice

_GrapeJuice we are legion Donator

Minecraft:
    _GrapeJuice
    i just like every single thing all of my followers say on their 1st status page, or maybe more. idk that's just mah thing

6. DELETEDACCOUNT

DELETEDACCOUNT Donator

I agree with this Venom, I mean likes are things we shouldn't take that seriously.. Plus, why would you try to be famous by getting likes? It doesn't necessarily means that you're cool or something if you have a lot of likes.. but yeah, I agree with you. Nice post!

_GrapeJuice and KaiserVenom like this.
  7. KaiserVenom

Minecraft:
    KronprinzVenom
    Having a lot of likes doesn't define who you are, as I represent myself with seriousness and maturity.
    If I had 2,000 likes, it would not change my attitude towards anyone. Likes are something we should not take seriously, I stated my opinion on them in the orginal post.

I have a very different opinion from everyone else on this forum in a good way, I give you guys my opinion, not for likes but for context and detail. I lack bias toward anyone, and it will stay that way. Thank you my friend.

Sorry if I got too deep :3 I have a humourous side too!

8. DELETEDACCOUNT

DELETEDACCOUNT Donator

No problem, I know you ain't doing this for attention, you just wanted to say what you felt, and everyone else that opposes you, then it's just a hater, because you're allowed to give your opinion. But as you know, people have different opinions, you may think that way but maybe others don't, but I agree with those descriptions!

Plus I know you have an humorous side, you're just saying what you feel right now and that's okay c;

KaiserVenom likes this.
  9. NekoNebulus

NekoNebulus Donator

I love how I get that alert.
    It makes me go over there and take a look at something that might interest me.

DELETEDACCOUNT and KaiserVenom like this.
  10. Denisvenom9

Denisvenom9 》Faction Veteran《,

Minecraft:
    nippls
    Hater down here

11. Dest

Dest Mod+ | Twitch Streamer | Perler Beads Artist Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    Destination666
    Don't forget the 'like spam' likes.

12. Smg

Smg Retired | Also known as 'Phaithful' Donator

Minecraft:
    Phaithful_
    Man, I really 'like' this post.
    No pun intended.

On the serious note, I actually do really like this.
    It's nice and simple, and telling people that 'likes' aren't what defines a person. Character defines a person.
    You don't even know how many friends I have seen change, all because of popularity. Or gaining likes.

Personally, one of the main reasons I hate the 'tbh/ama' trend, is because it's what I call, a 'like farm' (Not all the time, please do not take offense).

I wish you good luck with this, because I do know there are others who think otherwise then you do. And they will try to counter this, I guarantee it.

13. DELETEDACCOUNT

DELETEDACCOUNT Donator

I liked that post.

But for real I agree with you too Smg.. Character is what really defines a person.

KaiserVenom and Smg like this.
  14. Rob

Rob Donator

Minecraft:
    unpay
    I just post whatever I feel like posting. I don't care about the likes I get, I just care about getting my opinion out there. I want others to know how I feel/think about a certain idea or topic. If people agree with what I said, that's great. If people don't, that's fine. I'm not going to judge people whether or not they disagree or agree with my statements. Most of the time, I just reply something ridiculous when I am responding to something that my friend posted on a thread. Nothing much too it.

maymay, Misjudgmentz, iParis and 7 others like this.
  15. _ItsMayDay

_ItsMayDay Smol Blueberry Pun Skele 4 Life Donator

Minecraft:
    LolNope. If I had one, it'd most likely be "SmolSkel"
    I turned all my like notifications off because @HCchicken , @_GrapeJuice , and @aFluffyGoober spam me with likes on everything.
    The like system should be like the Facebook react thingy.

NekoNebulus and KaiserVenom like this.
  16. KaiserVenom

Minecraft:
    KronprinzVenom
    Well said my friend. I hate those threads also. I made mine because I wanted to give my actual opinion of other forum members. I have seen friends change because of 'likes' also. Most notably, @Mrcee. Some of you may remember him, he was my friend even during my one-year hiatus. We left and switched to TF2. You may ask me for more information if you would like, but I do not plan to discuss that right here.

Likes do not define you, and they will never define me. Good luck my friend.

I am double-posting because I feel like I have gotten my point across to 111 people.
    Locking thread.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2016
    NekoNebulus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.