Who are you (would you) vote for in 2020

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by ANumber2Pencil, Jun 11, 2020.

?

Who do you plan on voting for/would you for for

1. Trump (I Can and will vote for him)

5 vote(s)
    10.9%
  2. Trump (I Can't legally vote in the US but would vote for him if I could)

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. Biden (I can and will vote for him)

17 vote(s)
    37.0%
  4. Biden (I Can't legally vote in the US but would vote for him if I could)

15 vote(s)
    32.6%
  5. Other (I wouldn't vote for Biden or Trump)

7 vote(s)
    15.2%
  1. TreeKillerMan

TreeKillerMan shamone Donator

Minecraft:
    TreeKillerMan
    Wasn't going to say anything on this topic, but I'd like to add to this discussion. When Obama became president, he committed war crimes.

sebastiann likes this.
  2. saadfinalforever

saadfinalforever

3. vipa

vipa the hornace of death Donator

yes.
    610477059822714911.png

Trevor likes this.
  4. ANumber2Pencil

ANumber2Pencil Resigned ______________________________________ Donator

Minecraft:
    ANumber2Pencil
    This is more of a debate over Trump vs. Biden. I could also mention the numerous war crimes Bush committed while he was in office. Or how Obama reduced the number of inmates in Guantanamo Bay (a base known to torture enemies and commit war crimes) from 245 inmates to 41 during his presidency. Or how Trump issued an executive order to keep Guantanamo Bay open indefinity. I'm sorry but let's be real here, republicans support the use of torture and military action/war crimes against suspected terrorist way more than the democratic party. This is just a fact, not an opinion.

I am a fan of Obama but that doesn't mean a I support everything he did. There is no such thing as a perfect president, which is why the idea that Trump is some god who is perfect is insane to me and if his fans can't criticize him for anything then they are idiots. I don't support Obama's mass deportations or some of his war tactics. But overall I think he was a strong leader and good president compared to the others then came before him, and again this is Trump vs. Biden, and here is an example of Trump proudly announcing his support to commit war crimes.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
    Disphxrial likes this.
  5. YFIOTR

YFIOTR Donator

Minecraft:
    YFIOTR
    To start off, I am going to try to make this post not about policies. So forget about CNN, MSNBC, Fox News or whatever tells you about Trump. Anytime a president of one party is in power, the other party is not going to like some of the policies. That is fine. Conservatives and liberals are not going to agree on things like abortion, healthcare, and other things and that is normal. That’s part of our country’s political climate. On the other hand what Trump says is not normal.

To the people who are considering voting Trump, when has another president been this controversial (We haven't been alive that long, so we have not seen too much)? Like I said earlier, people are not going to like a president from the other party, but was George Bush hated like this? No. Was Obama? No. Thus, I ask you to please not think that this is a “fuck the republicans” issue. It is not.

Everyone acknowledges Trump’s political incorrectness or his ability to say it how it is regardless of who it offends. Regardless if you think he is trolling and actually does “the right thing” behind the scenes, people in this country are affected by what the president says. What he has said during the last 4 years and especially in 2020 is dangerous regardless of political party you identify with.

For example, we all agree science is important. Early 2020, Trump dismissed the virus and later criticized Dr. Fauci when trying to reopen the country. Dr Fauci has been an advisor for so many presidents, so why was his advice being ignored? Why does Trump still not wear a mask? Even Pence wears one. Economically it makes sense to open the country. I agree it needed reopening, but Trump’s rhetoric lead to mistrust of experts like Fauci when it came to health protocols when the country started to reopen. As a result, some states did not take the protocols seriously. For example, places like Florida and Texas cases skyrocketed due to lack of social distancing/mask usage measures.

Remember when Trump criticized the Michigan’s governor for not reopening admits the protests, and now Michigan has a very low amount of cases? This could have been avoided if Trump did not create the mistrust of experts.

People commonly respond with “What about the George Floyd protests? They could have cause increased cases.” However, look at the two images below. Minnesota, where many of the protesters where wearing masks, did not see as large as an increase.

Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 2.20.29 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 2.20.05 PM.png
    Florida, Minnesota from left to right.

This anti-science mindset is dangerous, especially with the rise of anti-vaxers. I’m sure everyone here knows someone who is like that. Would you want them to justify their stance by saying that Trump distrusts leading medical experts? In conclusion, Trump has created an anti-science/intellectualism view that is dangerous to the country.

Second, Trump’s association with white power is dangerous.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-video-supporter-white-power-good-people-2020-6

Whether or not you believe he didn’t hear what the people said in the video, he still tweeted it. His campaign talked about building a wall to block out the “rapists” from Mexico. He scheduled his Tulsa rally on Juneteenth. His rhetoric appeals to the unsuccessful caucasian people in the country by blaming issues on minorities. However, I am not saying all people who vote Trump are like that.

Third, whether he is trolling or not, his rhetoric resembles Nazi Germany. He wants the red triangle to be associated with Antifa.

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/18/8803...s-with-nazi-symbol-campaign-calls-it-an-emoji

For the article above just refer to the Trump facebook add itself instead of the actual article content The tweet within the article shows how the red triangle relates to the Holocaust symbol used by Nazi Germany. Regardless of what people think of the Antifa ideology, using the same symbols as Hitler is terrifying.

I’m not saying Trump will become a Dictator. However, he has been using Nazi Germany tactics like blaming problems on minorities, using symbols to depict political foes as well as saying the left is the enemy, demonizing the media, and distrusting science. If he is elected again, it will send a message that this behavior from a president is okay whether it’s trolling or not. Later on someone else, republican or democrat, will be serious, and since we have been desensitized with Trump’s actions, we will not react accordingly to stop it.

One of my friends talked about economic impact as well when saying he might vote Trump. However, take a look at the states who listened to Trump’s distrust of Fauci like Texas, who has to shutdown again. That cannot be good for the economy there. Had they followed protocols, they could have been open like other states are.

Unfortunately Ben, people do vote selfishly. However, if someone does not agree with Trump’s social stances, it may be worth looking into that any economic benefits from him are outweighed by those negatives. By voting Trump, someone is saying that the tax benefits he/she gets is worth the horrifying conditions of ICE, the support of white power, Nazi Germany tactics, and distrust of science. The distrust of science will wreck us economically by itself with coronavirus and global warming. The worst part is that voting Trump means you throw away caring about your friends and neighbors who are minorities and are affected by Trump’s rhetoric. I know you care about people Ben, which is why your post does not make sense.

dinoceros, ItsHarry, Starixty and 7 others like this.
  6. saadfinalforever

saadfinalforever

yES

MC_Scout likes this.
  7. notnospvp

notnospvp

Biden has a stuttering problem. THAT'S all. It's a HARMLESS disability that does not take away from his cognition AT ALL. The association of his speech impediment with mental decline is frankly ridiculous and completely blown out of proportion.
    --- Post merged ---
    THAT BEING SAID, there is little denying that Biden's AFKed himself to the nomination.

Smg, Disphxrial, ItsHarry and 3 others like this.