Urban vs. Suburban vs. Rural

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by ItsJerry, Apr 29, 2020.

?

Which do you prefer?

1. Urban

13 vote(s)
    23.6%
  2. Suburban

26 vote(s)
    47.3%
  3. Rural

15 vote(s)
    27.3%
  4. -insert unserious meme answer-

6 vote(s)
    10.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ItsJerry

ItsJerry DEAD SERVER!!! LMAO!!! Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsJerry
    [​IMG]

Which do you prefer? In which do you currently live and where would you like to live?

Yupac, Disphxrial, imvula and 12 others like this.
  2. thesaber903

thesaber903 Mabelen / Editor Donator

I live in Urban, except that I'm banned from my own city

Yupac, Starixty, Alperen_ and 5 others like this.
  3. Soap

Soap Donator

Minecraft:
    soapC
    I live in a Suburban neighborhood.
    Let it be known I DREAM of living in a city apartment somewhere in NYC or Boston. If the cost weren't so high - I'd be living there already.

Alperen_, Rob, witchchick128 and 2 others like this.
  4. sool

sool ‎ ‎ Donator

I live in my mom's basement

Davey, Mookey, motocicletar1 and 2 others like this.
  5. ItsJerry

ItsJerry DEAD SERVER!!! LMAO!!! Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsJerry
    me too

would prefer an urban basement tho

Mookey, Soap and sool like this.
  6. ZakMuir

ZakMuir Veteran Donator

Minecraft:
    ZakMuir
    i live in rural, i wanna move to urban

i just prefer the city vibe

ItsJerry and thesaber903 like this.
  7. witchchick128

witchchick128 Amity Blight Donator

Minecraft:
    AzuraBookClub
    i live in urban, i'm a big fan of rural, and my mom lives in a very half-rural half-suburban place so i get to experience it

sool and thesaber903 like this.
  8. Ahmeet

Ahmeet Donator

Minecraft:
    Ahmeet
    I also live in urban but my grandmother and aunt live in rural. We used to go there every weekend. But we can't go now because of the corona virus :/
    Corona sucks

bor4 and thesaber903 like this.
  9. 00000000000

00000000000 Donator

I like suburban, and that's what I currently live in.

Urban is too loud and busy, and there's not enough nature.

Rural has lots of nice nature and is private, but it's inconvenient if you have to go somewhere.

Suburban has that nice balance between nature and convenience. :smile:

thesaber903 likes this.
  10. Rob

Rob Donator

Minecraft:
    unpay
    I've been able to live in all three types of locations. I spent the first 15 years of my life living in the city, and I absolutely loved it. After that, I moved to the great outdoors and it was hard to get used to, and it's still difficult for me today, but I absolutely adore the peace and quiet from time to time. When it comes to the school year, I live in a college town, which I would assume to be under the title of being a suburban area. My town has about a population of 50,000 so it feels like a city in all honesty. I think the size is perfect when it comes to the academic school year, but it's definitely something I wouldn't want to return to later in life.

My goal after graduating would be to live in a high-rise apartment in the city. I love being around people and just imagine the views you would be able to wake up to every morning.

retirednow, Emma, Alperen_ and 3 others like this.
  11. TreeKillerMan

TreeKillerMan shamone Donator

Minecraft:
    TreeKillerMan
    Ah, wonders of urban life! nothing beats dilapidated industrial districts, riveting overpopulation and the continuous decay within tasteless architecture. at least suburbs definitely aren't as suffocating or thoroughly artificial! No, it's rural for me.

dinoceros and thesaber903 like this.
  12. motocicletar1

motocicletar1 Helper+ | Biker Donator

Minecraft:
    motocicletar1
    I can't stand urban living. I refuse to live in a flat or an apartment. I don't like living wall to wall I don't like having to accommodate to others within walking distance. I live in a suburban neighborhood in the Midwest. I can drive 10 minutes and be in rural areas and I love that. Suburban living is ideal for raising a family, parties, and I like the idea of taking care of everything yourself. I personally would rather be out in the country at my lake house on my land rather than walking around window shopping.

00000000000 and thesaber903 like this.
  13. dinoceros

dinoceros Donator

living in montreal so its technically urban. however, i live in a neighborhood where it's practically suburban (i live in a house next to houses but very close to me are apartment buildings and whatnot). i can have direct access to downtown and the city very easily by taking one 15-minute bus and getting to the subway. best thing i could ask for

14. Kaylyn

Kaylyn resigned Donator

Minecraft:
    kkaylyn
    i would consider my city a suburban city & it's kinda nice. my dad lives in the middle of nowhere and as peaceful as it is, i would never want to live in a rural area. i'd love to get an apartment in the city though :)

15. SLVSHPANDA

SLVSHPANDA Custom Title Donator

Minecraft:
    DiviXion
    I'd like to state I'm from Australia, just in case some statements don't make too much sense if you're in America or wherever (I'm not sure myself).

My preference is definitely suburban. It's just less than an hour away from the city, which isn't too bad and I love it. I've always lived in a suburban area and I would love to keep living like this. Having a house and some space, as well as a garage that doesn't cost hundreds of thousands of dollars is something I can not live without. It is close enough to have access to everything as well. An hour to the city; an hour to the countryside. Future goal is to own a house in a suburban area.

Not my preference, but I can definitely live urban as well. Views in high rise apartments and penthouses has no competition. I've spent multiple nights in hotels and penthouses and honestly, the access to everything is unmatched. I love people, I love having everything open at anytime of the day. The only downside is no house, which means lack of space and 'privacy' because it's wall to wall, plus getting fucked over by parking space costs. Would consider for a few years if need be.

Rural is definitely a no go for me. I spent a few nights in the middle of the jungle in Indonesia, and that was absolutely fucked. There's nearly no options for anything, and after living in a developed nation, Internet and reception in some rural regions of Indonesia are nearly non-existent, which I unfortunately had the pleasure of being in. Never mind food and shopping options. Rural to me is a very basic lifestyle that only serves the purpose to meet basic needs so you can survive. While some people may enjoy it, plus the peaceful aspect of it, I absolutely can not.

16. OfficerDeadly

OfficerDeadly Donator

Minecraft:
    OfficerDeadly
    I live in an urban area though I feel I'd enjoy a suburban one much more. Too hectic where I live.

sool likes this.
  17. Saul1337

Saul1337

Rural baby
    Calm, nature, tractor.

ItsJerry and sool like this.
  18. Soap

Soap Donator

Minecraft:
    soapC
    saulwork.jpg

19. ItsJerry