Update server plz :0

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Chris, Nov 4, 2013.

?

Do you want the server to update?

Poll closed Nov 21, 2013.
  1. yes

66.7%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. maybe

33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris

Chris

plz update this would be soooooo helpful on skyblock

PhantomStar likes this.
  2. ClemensMine

ClemensMine

Er impossible yet. MCP (Minecraft Coder Pack) 1.7 isn't out yet. Everything related to MCP is Forge, Optifine and maybe bukkit (I don't know).

I like to refering at LexManos (ForgeTeam)

-Quote-
    Alright guys, yes we know that 1.7 is out, but where is Forge..?
    Well, If you do not know, Forge is built off the work the people over at Minecraft Coder Pack (MCP) do. They deobfusicate Minecraft from the randomly changing 'so.f' names to the reasonable 'Block.field_1234_f' names which allows us to have a more stable code base for us to work against.
    This is also the data that allows us to do the run time deobfusication which allows for mods to potentially work across Minecraft versions {Prime example 1.6.2->1.6.4}.
    However, due to the large amounts of changes inside Minecraft at a code/strucutre level this update will take a bit more time.
    The Mojang blog likes to boast "more than half a million lines of code changed over 1,104 commits". So you can kind of see where the trouble comes in...

While that is going on, I am working with AbrarSyed {Forge Essentials} on creating a new, more streamlined build process for the end modders that will allow them more control over how things work and fix a lot of the issues that we are having on certian modder's systems with the current python scripts we use. You can check out that progress over at the ForgeGradle github.

Combine that with the fact that quite a few of us in the Modding community are getting ready for Minecon next week and have real life, it'll take a little bit. However I assure you that we are working on it as best we can.

As always you can keep an eye on our progress on our Github. Also, if anyone out there knows there stuff when it comes to gradle, help for AbrarSyed would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to comment here if you would like to help.

As it sits however, 1.7 will be a rather large update for quite a lot of mods. As I said before, Minecraft has changed a lot. Which means Mods themselves will take a while to update. We are trying to get Forge out as soon as we can for mods to start, but don't expect any major mods to be updated until possibly December.

You can however, still play older versions of Minecraft all you want. Many mod packs are still out there ready to be used! So fear not your enjoyment will continue!
    « Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 09:09:41 PM by LexManos »
    Can be found here http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php/topic,13353.0.html

3. cookiefonster

cookiefonster Formerly known as WikiRigbyDude

Minecraft:
    (gave account to little sister)
    You'll just need to wait for the server to update. Why wouldn't J&H want to update their server?

Ayg likes this.
  4. Flare Pikachu

Flare Pikachu

Also, the sheer amount of plugins on the server which are custom made, and need to be manually configured to update.

Do not ask for server to update, at any more thread!

GYPTIAN, Denisvenom9 and Ayg like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.