This Needs To Be Addresed (Stolen Map Debacle)

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by _Frizzy, May 5, 2017.

1. _Frizzy

_Frizzy

So I am sure most of you have seen in recent events the controversy around the stolen map in the game KitPvP. I just want to address some of the problems that were poorly handled. Please keep in mind I am NOT trying to start another thread of bickering.

In case you didn't see what happened here is a link to the whole thread:
    http://itsjerryandharry.com/threads/stolen-maps-arenas.107840/

So obviously the underlying problem (For me.) was the way in which it was handled. I don't think I have ever seen such a disregard for what people like me and others were saying on this forum. It was never a debate, it was just straight up denial and it infuriates me to no end. I shouldn't see that from the place I loved and cared about for so many years. I just want honesty, and even if it rightfully was all of Gamerrizz's build with no inspiration, I would like to think that the removal of it would be considered.

This can be probably considered a slight conspiracy, but I feel like it still has some importance to the topic. So I noticed when tallying all the agrees and disagrees that the majority of disagrees were staff. Now I wouldn't always consider this idea, but with a topic so '50/50' and on the edge of right and wrong that I would find at least one staff member that agrees with the original post. I do hope this is just some convenience because the idea of staff being fed someone else's ideas in order to gain traction on a topic sickens me.

As I said I don't want this to spawn an huge argument. I just want to right the wrongs or at least gather some attention to the problem I saw.

Flurried, Luc, CubeSMP and 6 others like this.
  2. KokichiOma

KokichiOma Ultimate Supreme Leader Donator

Minecraft:
    Unprepossessing (MappyTurtle)
    I mean, I stand on the opinion that it isn't a huge problem, but at least the acknowledgement of "hey they do actually look quite similar, perhaps a few adjustments when we have the time would be a nice idea" would have been nice.
    Hell, even the acknowledgement alone.

While I do understand where the administration team are coming from, I completely agree here. It could have been handled better.
    But that's something for us all to reflect on, and improve.

For those going "Is this thread starting drama?" I argue no, if we allow criticism towards the Staff team, criticism towards the administration team should be held no differently.

Whether or not the map should be removed, I vote no. Isn't a bad map.
    But if people feel it is an issue, perhaps edit it a little more?

But hey, just my opinion.

Mookey, Miner, TheMint and 4 others like this.
  3. Saul1337

Saul1337

The map is fine, and I don't see why you guys feel the need to make a huge deal out of this.
    So many things on this server are built very nicely and most important thing to some of you, ORIGINALLY.
    Why go after one tiny little map in the server whilst the rest is all original? This map has NO influence on this server what so ever, if this map didn't exist the server would still be here. But no, let's have two threads about some map that looks similar to another servers map!!

Nothing in this game is originally anymore by the way big news flash for you one tricks.
    No mini game is limited to one server only, no build style is limited to one person building only.

jhshitpostletsgetrealinthefilenamesstopwhiningyouimcomptentfucks.jpg

Sofie, Mookey, Markend and 10 others like this.
  4. safoya299

safoya299 Donator

Minecraft:
    safoya299
    I think that the maps are extremely similar and what not, but the way people reacted was irrational. What would we get out of the map being removed? Nothing tbh. I don't really understand what the argument was even to begin with. It was acknowledged that they were awfully similar but what else needs to be acknowledged?

CubeSMP likes this.
  5. momand

momand ex-god Donator

A lot of my opinions have already been stated above, especially by Saul.
    I'm going to ask the simple question, however: Does it really matter?
    I've seen the map being built myself, it was most assurably not copied by Hypixel. Hell, it does look strikingly similar, but is it copied? No.
    Again, it raises the question: Does it matter? Is it worth all of the uproar over one 1v1 map?
    Everything on Minecraft is either copied or inspired from each other. It's been going on for years.

6. YFIOTR

YFIOTR Donator

Minecraft:
    YFIOTR
    We had OITC first, then hypixel made their game bounty hunters. Go blow up their forums for copying us, and see where that leads.
    A tree in the middle is not original. There have been big trees in the middle of old SG maps on servers. Clearly our map was inspired by the one in Hypixel, but it doesn't mean we should get rid of it. Look at Hypixel's youtube channel: http://prntscr.com/f4k3ob
    J/H clearly are/were friendly with Hypixel. I doubt he would care, and in fact, it lets him know his builders are doing a good job inspiring others. Ideas are neither excludable nor rivalrous.

7. stupid

stupid sawah Donator

ok so im just gonna give a lil two cents here. so my problem isnt really with the possible copying of the map or whatever, but how the owners dealt with it. if someone has a problem with YOUR server, even if it may seem minor or dumb that doesnt mean you should disregard it/make jokes about it, its pretty immature and disrespectful )-:

_Frizzy, TheMint and leanna like this.
  8. ItsHarry

ItsHarry Owner Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsHarry
    Holy shit I can't believe people are making such a big deal out of this.

Would it make you happier if we deleted the map? Might as well delete Survival Games, SkyWars, Spleef, KitPVP, Creative, SkyBlock, Factions, Survival and the Lobby while we're at it, cause none of those are "original" either.

Flurried, Phoenix, Sofie and 15 others like this.
  9. nivels

nivels Donator

It's just a map who gives a shit.

Phoenix, Sofie, Odilon and 13 others like this.
  10. Smg

Smg Retired | Also known as 'Phaithful' Donator

Minecraft:
    Phaithful_
    Map is fine, similar or non-similar to Hypixel. Just remember that Minecraft itself wouldn't be what it is today if people didn't take inspiration off others.

I really doubt the Hypixel server is mad anyway lol, they most likely wouldn't even care because they have other things to worry about.
    (Tried to make my response a bit more unique rather than blatantly copying anyone else who disagreed)

TheMint likes this.
  11. ItsJerry

ItsJerry DEAD SERVER!!! LMAO!!! Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsJerry
    There is nothing to discuss...

The thread made the claim that the map was STOLEN "and slightly edited".

STEALING something means you are TAKING IT without permission.

Gamerizz BUILT THE MAP COMPLETELY FROM SCRATCH...

therefore it's NOT stolen, it is INSPIRED.

Phoenix, John_0696, Mookey and 12 others like this.
  12. stupid

stupid sawah Donator

i didnt say anything about the map, i was talking about how you responded to it

TheMint likes this.
  13. ItsHarry

ItsHarry Owner Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsHarry
    The thread stated that we stole the map and edited it a bit, which we clearly did not... -_-

This is also what MrDeathWilliam and I explained in our responses...

Last edited: May 5, 2017
    Phoenix, Mookey, Sakujo and 4 others like this.
  14. OfficerDeadly

OfficerDeadly Donator

Minecraft:
    OfficerDeadly
    Another handcrafted homemade meme coming right up...
    MEMES 4 DAYS4.JPG

Flurried, Mookey, katlynn and 9 others like this.
  15. ANumber2Pencil

ANumber2Pencil Resigned ______________________________________ Donator

Minecraft:
    ANumber2Pencil
    Why would they consider to remove something if there is no real reason to do so? And the only "reason" you guys stated was that it was stolen. And as they already said it was stolen from hypixel, it was inspired by hypixel.

Sorry dude but I don't this J&H care that much about being "Politically Correct" or whatever.

Pianobonds likes this.
  16. Saul1337

Saul1337

Keep in mind, this is their website and their brand. There are no rules for them what so ever, so if they wanted to reply to it only using swear words instead of any other word in the English dictionary, thy can. If you think they handled it wrong, then that's your opinion on it but that doesn't make it right on the website, simply because of the fact that they own it. I understand your point, but it's not really something you can fight against.

17. Pianobonds

Pianobonds

Minecraft:
    Pianobonds
    the problem with people is that when someone make just 1 mistake, they'll forget all of the good things he has done, and will forever remember that 1 mistake

18. ItsJerry

ItsJerry DEAD SERVER!!! LMAO!!! Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsJerry
    While this is technically true it is a horrible way to say it.

"They're the owners they can do what they want. They can say as many swears as they want"

19. ThiccTurtles

ThiccTurtles Builder Donator

Minecraft:
    Cheezi
  20. Rivenze

Rivenze Donator

Like other people said, just get over it. It's fine.