The Reward System

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Spykill3r, Mar 13, 2024.

1. Spykill3r

Spykill3r

Hello everyone,

Today I bring to you a multitude of suggestions. In this thread I will be presenting the 'Reward System'.

What I am about to speak of is in its conceptual stage meaning anything discussed in this thread could be subject to change.

I would greatly appreciate it if you fully heard me out before drawing conclusions.

What is this Reward System?

This system is a tool to enhance the quality of life for players across all servers.
    The idea is that players are now able to gain 'points' from all sorts of activities which they can carry out all over the server.

A limited amount of these points can be accumulated daily and these can be used to unlock features on the server.
    These features would include select items from the donation store, as well as new and simple rewards such as cosmetics. They could also be used in the future to unlock maps to certain gamemodes.

How would you earn points?

You would earn points by playing games and minigames at least once a day as well as by logging in every day to earn a minor amount of them.

Depending on the gamemode you would be given the option to:

1. Complete a map or finish a match (e.g. at Parkour or OITC)
    2. Play for a specified amount of time (e.g. 30 min on Skyblock) for games with no precise objective.

Every gamemode would offer at least one task for you to complete each day in order to earn some points.

Benefits of implementing this system

The goal behind this is to reward the player for spending time on the server and incentivize them to return regularly.

On a smaller note, 'pay to win' may no longer be a concern as it would be possible to make donator features such as kits from KitPvP earnable. This and the introduction of new ways to unlock things will passively increase the server's reputation.
    Games will be much more enjoyable when the thought "this can only be unlocked by spending money" is hardly ever on anyone's mind.

Will this kill off the donations?

No, but the way I am proposing it will definitely affect the store somewhat.

I mentioned that select donator features would be offered as rewards but that does not imply all of them.
    Those that would not be offered would be luxuries such as ranks, commands like /fly, in-game money, boosters, etc.

Nurturing and improving conditions for the community benefits the server in the long run which is more important than the few donations the server *might* not receive because of this change.

Is this worth the effort?

The potential of this system increases as we offer more gamemodes. We are currently lacking in that area which is why I have created multiple threads that connect to this one.

This would be a large project, I am suggesting it because it seems the server has reached a point where change must happen if we wish to have it persevere or strive towards the future.

There is a lot of value in this community and establishing it has taken a long time. Many may have moved on but that does not mean they are gone forever. Once this community is erased it can never be undone which is why I go as far as to suggest something of this scale, it is because I think they are effective steps forward.
    We have reached a point where every effort matters and we need people to throw ideas back and forth now more than ever.

It is natural that people have turned pessimistic, but turning the tide is not an impossible feat. There are plenty of servers that have been running for a long time and still continue to thrive to this day. The fruits of their efforts are not 'luck' and it would be foolish presume it that way.

As long as we keep on throwing ideas around and more importantly keep trying, there will always be opportunities to move forward.

I'm giving everyone a lot to read today so let me once again give you my gratitude. Thanks for hearing me out.

2. theodoreevans

theodoreevans

You made some very good points here. I think you've brought up some really good points

3. dinoceros

dinoceros Donator

Yes, very good points. I think the points you brought up are very good