Minecraft The Minecraft EULA

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by ChargedMerc, Jul 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrBlockMan

MrBlockMan

I want someone to blow up the mojang office :3. Why the hell are they trying to destroy your own game?

2. ItsCreeper5484

ItsCreeper5484 #BestDuck

Minecraft:
    Creeper5484
    Mojang has to remember that people mostly play Minecraft for servers
    Without servers, we would have to connect to eachothers internet connection to play together
    If they add the EULA, people will get bored, and leave minecraft

3. Stergy

Stergy Donator

Minecraft:
    Stergy
    If you think about it, it's Mojang's game so they get to make the final decision (sadly)

4. cutiepiefighter

cutiepiefighter

i don't understand can someone explain this to me some how plz

pinklucci likes this.
  5. MC_Scout

MC_Scout Fearless Leader Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    MC_Scout
    How many more EULA threads are we going to have?
    So i guess i need to (once again) explain this.
    The EULA has always been around. Mojang has just turned a blind eye to the servers. They had originally allowed server owners to make money to keep there server alive. However when you give someone a foot, they take a yard. There are some servers that have greatly abused Mojnags easy going on server montinzation, offering kits that give OP stuff (hypixel) $10,000 to be unbanned, or pets to follow you around in lobbys (this server is an offender on that). Thats a problem as kids have stolen parents credit cards and bought this stuff. The parnets then blame Mojang. And Mojnag has had enough.
    --
    Now why is this aginst the EULA?
    1.) Mojang does not allow servers to offer pay-to-win items. This server is not terrible, but not perfect.
    2.) You cant resell parts of the game. When you buy Minecraft, you have bought everything in that game. When servers charge you to have in a game, they are reselling parts of the game, and thats also against the rules.
    --
    So considering all that Mojang has had enough. They are now enforcing the EULA.
    So whos fault is it?
    Its everyone's fault.
    Its Mojangs fault because they should of stooped this quicker and not let it get like this. They also should of enforced the EULA in the first place.
    Its the owners fault for not reading and understanding the EULA.

6. Andrew Paone

Andrew Paone

This is bull I have donated over $200 to thus server and I'm really pissed about this. If I don't get my money back or I keep the rank that I have I'm going to be really pissed off and so will all the other donors. I'll I'm saying is that I hope J&H will find a way to make this work.

7. Deleted

Deleted Donator

The current donators will most likely keep their ranks and perks.

MC_Scout likes this.
  8. JoeyBACONBacon

JoeyBACONBacon Fig Newton

Minecraft:
    JoeyoftheBacons
    Some people just like conspiracies.

Mojang is getting rid of donations because it is unfair to get extra vanilla items just because you pay, That's why people hate games like Candy Crush. It's fine if you are donating to get /fly or whatever.

If you want to donate, you give money to the server. Almost every single donator in here doesn't care about supporting the server, their parents just paid for their fancy perks. The donation site is a shop. People like @PastelColor donated money because they care, and they didn't want any fancy things.

Mojang isn't going to become some barren wasteland because you can't have your fancy sparkles. If your server needs money, pay for it yourself or get people to donate. If they truly cared about it, they would not need fancy perks to give money to the server.

I suggest that the staff do something about people talking about this. I, and others, are sick and tired of every other post being "omg de servur is going 2 git shut downe cuz of eula fuk u mojang D:"

I'm requesting a lock for not only this thread, but for all the others talking about the EULA.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
    Radii, Rila, MC_Scout and 1 other person like this.
  9. MC_Scout

MC_Scout Fearless Leader Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    MC_Scout
    Thats partiality true. I dont think its fair to say that people who donates doesent give a crap. However all other points are spot on.

10. LaColeman

LaColeman Leaving (INAL)

Minecraft:
    LaColeman/SeahawksFan12
    I am not worried about losing my rank period but what I am worried about is the death of J&H.

You see, nobody is going to want to send donations to a server and I am also pretty sure nobody is going to want to buy colored names, prefixes, etc.

Most people donate for the In-game items due to the fact that it increases the gameplay and makes it better.

If all the players are the same then what is the point in donations. O_o

adjustingingredients likes this.
  11. LaColeman

LaColeman Leaving (INAL)

Minecraft:
    LaColeman/SeahawksFan12
    I am going to explain why I am scared for the EULA to happen (And this may go off-topic)

So the other day on the Hypixel forums (And @Animoes may or may not want to see this) and I ran into @JULTAR1000

Here is what he said (I started the conversation with him):
    Snapshot 2014-07-19 00.03.37.png Snapshot 2014-07-19 00.03.49.png
    Snapshot 2014-07-23 23.41.10.png Snapshot 2014-07-23 23.41.17.png
    (sorry if this went off-topic a bit but notice how he said

) Also I am sorry to show the whole conversation.

12. JoeyBACONBacon

JoeyBACONBacon Fig Newton

Minecraft:
    JoeyoftheBacons
    You people are hopeless.

13. Dyrhoi

Dyrhoi

Gahhh Jultar. He adds all staff members to convince them that Daorack made a mistake. He had many chances. I'm about 100% sure that J&H have a plan for the EULA changes. How would he even know? I talked with him about this, and he said there were unofficial EULA changes that wasn't mentioned anywhere and because of we wouldn't/can't, like many other servers, follow something that hasn't been said publicly, we would apparently get shutdown. Okay.
    Can I charge for access to server commands?
    Yes, as long as their effects are purely cosmetic. Commands that affect gameplay, such as a command to fly, cannot be sold for hard currency.

It was an example, not literally.

Warden and Rila like this.
  14. Rila

Rila Pyro is top bae

Minecraft:
    Rilakkumaloverr
    Yes, it is.
    Even if they force us to do the EULA system, would players be happy about it?
    Would you want to see players complaining about their ranks?
    If yes, Mojang has said that we could keep the perks that we have bought BEFORE.
    If you are glad about it, then leave. We're frustrated with this problem already.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  15. QueenAngel32

QueenAngel32 I'm up ❤

Minecraft:
    QueenAngel32
    uhhh does it mean all the ranks below herobrine will lose it .....idek anymore X_X

16. adjustingingredients

adjustingingredients (◐‿◑) Donator

Minecraft:
    cakpoadoadwndwadw
    No.
    What's happening, is that Mojang is enforcing one of their rules. Minecraft's EULA previously said, that you were not allowed to make money off Minecraft. Everyone ignored it. Recently, one of Mojang's employees realised that servers were breaking the rules. Mojang changed the EULA, so that servers could ONLY sell cosmetic perks, and perks that don't make you better than other people. e.g. No creeper eggs, no special kits.
    Mojang is giving the servers until August the 1st to follow the new EULA.

17. QueenAngel32

QueenAngel32 I'm up ❤

Minecraft:
    QueenAngel32
    and if they dont......

18. adjustingingredients

adjustingingredients (◐‿◑) Donator

Minecraft:
    cakpoadoadwndwadw
    DUNDUNDUN
    dey die

19. WuskyWolf

WuskyWolf

Minecraft:
    Wolfzky
  20. Deleted

Deleted Donator

How about we stop worrying and leave it up to Jerry and Harry themselves. I am sure they will find a solution for this problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.