Other Games Team Fortress 2 or Overwatch?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Glass, May 30, 2016.

?

TF2 or Overwatch?

1. TF2

29.4%
  2. Overwatch

44.1%
  3. Undecided

11.8%
  4. Other Game

14.7%
  1. Glass

Glass what Donator

Minecraft:
    GlassisGlass
    Hello, everyone!
    Today, I would like to start a discussion on what do you think is better? Team Fortress 2 or Overwatch?
    In my opinion, I think both have their ups and downs, I don't think either is better.
    I look forward to seeing your opinions, but please, do be civil, and don't start a flame war.
    -Clearrr

(Also, if this has already been done, please tell me and I will lock the thread.)

sss and KaiserVenom like this.
  2. KaiserVenom

KaiserVenom Veteran Donator

Minecraft:
    KronprinzVenom
    I would prefer TF2, it is the orginal game Overwatch is based off of.
    Now Valve will update TF2 more because now they have competition, and they will be quick to add competitive multiplayer.

Keboozle, CaptainJackValdy and Glass like this.
  3. vipa

vipa the hornace of death Donator

It's good TF2 finally has competition in it's specific field. That means the productivity of both companies will increase, and we'll see a lot more stuff coming through. Competition is a very, very good thing.

4. Miner

Miner Retired 5-Year Veteran Donator

Instead of asking "Which game is better?" (Because that question is very vague), I'd rather ask, "Which game will die out first?"

As you should know, TF2 is a game that gets updated throughout its life. However, it doesn't seem like Overwatch will have the updates that TF2 has. Why does this matter?

Updates are the things that keep people interested in TF2. They bring new possibilities and experiences to the game, which allow for more fun and exciting moments for gamers around the world. Overwatch's updates will most likely consist of just balances, maps and bug fixes, which aren't really too exciting, and once that update cycle has been exhausted and its players are becoming more and more uninterested in the game, the game will have become totally balanced that they can't balance or fix it anymore and will have to leave the game static and as the way it is then.

Also, Overwatch doesn't really have anything to add to the game. Its classes are made so that they can't really be changed all that much. Rather than having new items for set classes like TF2, Overwatch becomes lazy and adds entire classes for one specific thing. Take Torbjorn and Symmetra for instance. Both of them combined make the Engineer in TF2, which the Sentry Guns and Teleports. However, the Engineer still has the fancy Dispenser, dispensing health and ammo. Alongside that, the Engineer has different items that can change his experience entirely, which keeps diversity into something simple. Overwatch fell into the trap of thinking the more classes there are, the more diversity and fun players will have, which isn't the case.

You see, if you just create class after class, it becomes a chore having to switch over to what your team needs, but then forget you were already a vital part to the team before, and especially where in a game you're limited to 5 classes per game, there isn't much you can do for the diversity that the game tries to offer to its players.

Because TF2 has more exciting updates with new content such as new weapons, gameplay mechanics, contracts and gameplay modes w/the occasional crates+keys and maps, Overwatch will die out before TF2 dies out, especially since TF2 will be consistently and constantly updating to keep up with its rivals.

So, seeing as I've spent 1.6k hours into TF2 and have analyzed this not on which I seem to like more, but on which one lets its player receive the most of its offers and is consistently changing without having to make sequels.

5. vipa

We don't know what will happen to Overwatch in the future, but we can bet that Blizzard will do something to increase the longevity of the game. Take other games for example, companies release free content updates, usually per month, like for Halo 5, and the game is still going very strong. With the launch content Overwatch has, I can only conclude they will release a lot more content over the course of the game's lifespan. It may last a good 3-5 years.

6. Miner

Miner Retired 5-Year Veteran Donator

TF2, so far, has lasted almost 9 years so far, which already exceeds Overwatch's predicted lifespan by 2x, and with Competitive coming soon, it'll definitely last 2x its 5 years. But, then again, we don't know what Blizzard intends to do with Overwatch yet like you said, so let's see what happens.
    watch blizzard make overwatch have paid updates

Glass and KaiserVenom like this.
  7. KokichiOma

KokichiOma Ultimate Supreme Leader Donator

Minecraft:
    Unprepossessing (MappyTurtle)
    Tfw you have no idea what overwatch is.

Tbh Tf2 is almost a class of it's own, I'm not sure you can compare.

8. Gooby

Gooby ミCutie彡 Donator

Overwatch is better cus there's tons of different characters that are all unique and diverse and all come from different countries and cultures and have back stories and there's a character for everyone I luhv it
    Tf2 is just like 7 male characters that are all boring imo ain't that fun
    Plus I'm biased cus D.va is literally so bomb I can't

9. DMachine487

DMachine487 dead

Minecraft:
    deathmachine487
    This is so biased lmao
    TF2 has all those things too, even though I definitely like Overwatch better as of now due to more variety, more complicated stuff, rewards for things other than killing, and Tracer being Tracer

Miner, Glass, Vince and 2 others like this.
  10. Gooby

Gooby ミCutie彡 Donator

They got no gorls in tf2 and most of the guys r white there's like no diversity

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
    Shinra likes this.
  11. CaptainJackValdy

CaptainJackValdy I got a plan to save the server, just have faith

Minecraft:
    CaptainJackValdy
    I like both, and since competition is about to become a thing, I'm guessing that both games will be great.

Glass likes this.
  12. Glass

Glass what Donator

Minecraft:
    GlassisGlass
    (not to butt in and I'm trying to stay neutral, but the gender of pyro is not found.)

sss and CaptainJackValdy like this.
  13. KokichiOma

KokichiOma Ultimate Supreme Leader Donator

Minecraft:
    Unprepossessing (MappyTurtle)
    Gender diversity in games doesn't matter.
    Don't force an opposite gendered character if it obviously isn't going to work well.

I absolutely despise the female gender bends of the tf2 mercs.
    Their gender is who they are and male - male interactions are usually more mate/friend/casual compared to male - female.
    This gives our 9 mercenaries more goofiness to explore, and given what tf2 is like, most likely is the reason the only female characters are the ones in charge of the "battles" (announcer + Ms Pauline).

There's something wrong if a game is ruined because of a lack of a certain gender.
    Games are made to tell a story through a character.
    They aren't made to cater to everyone, and you can't always tell the same story via another gender. Sounds stereotypical but it is in fact not.

14. vipa

Exactly, games are meant to be fun, something you are passionate about, they don't have to cater to everyone's specific expectations. If game developers had to make their game "politically correct", it would suck out a lot of fun.

KaiserVenom likes this.
  15. Jakt

Jakt Former Mod+ |questionable | Donator

Tf2 all the way, I've spent soon more time then mc in general on it, like all my days on tf2 for a year soon though I've been going back too it and overwatch I dont see it as a near thing to tf2 as yes you have different classes and voices though like hats etc you don't really have on overwatch

KaiserVenom likes this.
  16. Icy

Icy Champion of the pact Donator

eso

17. animelover999

animelover999 Donator

TF2 is more classic so I'm going to stick to TF2.

18. Shinra

Shinra

csgo duh

Glass likes this.
  19. Gooby

Gooby ミCutie彡 Donator

maybe not to u but it does to other people...

cingle likes this.
  20. DMachine487

DMachine487 dead

Minecraft:
    deathmachine487
    ITT: people complain about what's in a character's pants as opposed to actual personalities, style of gameplay and how the two are different yet alike

Miner and Glass like this.