Summer Project -- Giant 16 plot build: WE NEED YOUR HELP

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Heatdude Da Waffle, Jun 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heatdude Da Waffle

Heatdude Da Waffle Admin | Builds Things Staff Member Administrator

Minecraft:
    Heatdude
    That's the longest title I've ever made for a thread.

Anyway, let's get right into it. I have a 4x4 of plots on Creative 1 and I want to get help to make a giant 16 plot build. Back in August of 2015, nearly 3 years ago now, I worked with 3 other spawn plot owners on Creative 2 to create a jungle river that spanned all 4 plots in front of spawn. Sadly I only have screenshots of the two plots directly in front of spawn but I do have pictures of the work in progress that shows the others were working too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you'd like to see a few more screenshots here's a link:

Anyway, it's been 3 years since then and although I do own a spawn plot on Creative 1 still many of the other plot owners are inactive and something like this isn't possible in front of spawn. However, I do own many more plots including the 4x4 I've been talking about and now I want to do something like I did three years ago and work with other players and other builders to make a bigger, better build.

My plan is to make a similar build -- a jungle -- because jungles aren't incredibly difficult to build given time and they're bright, colorful, and vibrant, making them both fun to look at and enjoyable to build (building something more gray like mountains or even castles and be boring at times and grow old quickly as they're weary on the eyes). I already have builders who I worked with on my current and previous builds on my spawn plot in C1 so each of them will run a plot but I'll also be taking applications from anybody who would like to run a plot in the build as well. If there are plots leftover I'll run all of those.

With the help of players like you we can make the biggest build the server has ever seen, and we'll do it as a community and a team.

I won't hand out plots to just anybody. I want this build to look damn good so my judgement might be harsh but it's unlikely that everybody who applies will get a plot. Don't let that deter you from applying though, remember I am looking for a lot of builders. If you tend to build with a specific set of friends and you'd like to apply as a group that's fine too.
    Every plot will still be owned by me but I'll add the "owner" of each plot to their respective plot as well as all of the members of my team and anybody that the owner would like to have added. Just so you don't worry the members of my build team, including myself, will ONLY build on your plot if you ask for help and give them specific directions. Neither my fellow builders nor myself will build freely on your plot--it's yours and you get to decide what happens with it.
    If at any point you or anybody added to your plot griefs any part of the build and can't explain themselves (ie it wasn't just a miscommunication or misunderstanding) then they or you will be permanently removed from every plot in the project. I want this to be a group effort and no one person can ruin that for everybody else.
    All I ask that you do with your plot is try to follow the guidelines I've set and try not to make your plot stick out too much from the others, at least in a bad way (ie making a dragon when no other plot has creatures or making a floating island if no other plot has that). This isn't to say that you can't have things that are unique to your plot; in fact I'd encourage you to try to make your plot unique--but don't make it a fiery hell when everything else is a jungle.

Remember, this isn't a task or a chore or a job; it's meant to be fun. These rules I've put in place are to protect your part of the project from being ruined or changed from the way you want it be and to make sure everything flows and looks beautiful. I'm just here to make sure everybody has fun and enjoys their time building (:

Before you fill out the application a tiny note: I'm only asking about how much time a day you can offer to scale how much help you'll need, not to decide who to accept or deny. That being said I don't expect 10 hours a day from anybody but I also won't really be inclined to put you in charge of a plot if you can only be on for 30 minutes every day. I'm not asking for you to force yourself to build because it's supposed to be a fun project so just tell me how much time you'd be able to put in without hurting yourself. c:

If you'd like to apply please fill out the following format:

Username:
    Your discord (for communication):
    Screenshots or video of your best builds (plots or other):
    How much time a day would you be able to dedicate to the build:
    Any helpers you'd also like to be added to your plot:

I'm not expecting to get 12 applicants (I have myself + 3 builders to run at least 4 plots) but I'm hoping that we can get enough of us together to make something beautiful. If, somehow, we do get more than 12 applicants that I think are all worthy of helping then I'll see what I can do about having some plots be run by more than one person.
    It'll still be a few days until we start work on the build, I want to leave time for people to apply and to make a basic layout and plan for the build so it's not chaos.

Thank you in advance to everybody who applies, I greatly appreciate it <3

Oh and tomorrow is the 4 year anniversary of me getting helper so this is kinda a cake day project. c:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    sool, Odilon, RulerofMobs and 3 others like this.
  2. thesaber903

thesaber903 Mabelen / Editor Donator

Username: thesaber903
    Your discord (for communication): SaberBTS#2821
    Screenshots or video of your best builds (plots or other): I go into lots of detail when it comes to builds, I'm a perfectionist:
    How much time a day would you be able to dedicate to the build: Over 2 hours.
    Any helpers you'd also like to be added to your plot:

EDIT: Last one is an old plot that I never finished, but I personally think it's good

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.