Some farm king suggestions based on cookie clicker

Discussion in 'Farm King' started by Pugnata, Jan 26, 2022.

1. Pugnata

Pugnata Pug the Pug Donator

Minecraft:
    Pugnata
    So, I've played farmking in the past for a while, enough to get on the leaderboard (not anymore). But at a certain point I felt like I've had enough of farmking and stopped playing. Reasons were mostly that it became boring and the only thing I did was afk so I could get higher on the leaderboard. More recently I've been playing cookie clicker and still am with a lot of enjoyment. It made me wonder, why do I enjoy cookie clicker so much more than farmking, specifically which aspects made it more interesting. So, I would like to trow some suggestions out there based on my experience with cookie clicker, which might make farmking more interesting. I understand you don't want to rip off cookie clicker directly, but the concept of it is already kinda based on cookie clicker. Feel free to give opinions, add suggestions or tweak some to make them work. I'm just throwing my thoughts out there, to maybe give some imspiration in the future.

Ascensions/prestige: It has been suggested multiple times and would make the lifetime of the game longer without the need to reset. But, what other purpose could it serve? In cookie clicker, you get a unique currency based on the amount of levels you prestige at. These include just earning bonuses, clicking bonuses (which could become grass breaking bonuses), offline earnings and uprgades to how many offline earnings, permanent upgrade or plant discounts, and others (which aren't really relevant to farmking). This could give a secondary purpose to prestiging and make players more interested in resetting multiple times.

Golden cookies: In cookie clicker, golden cookies spawn around once every 3 minutes (lower when you bought certain upgrades). Clicking these give bonuses or boosts, which include 7x earning for 1 minute, just getting a percentage of your current balance or clicking bonuses for 30 seconds (these also can be extended with prestige upgrades). There are also unlucky cookies (wrath cookies) which have a chance of giving you a negative effect for a short period of time. Maybe in farmking, you can have a certain mob spawn at your farm (with a notification popping up). Killing that mob will give you one of the bonuses. Getting certain combos can increase your earnings by a lot. This also helps with keeping players actively playing instead of afking all the time.

Minigames: Cookie clicker has two active minigames: the garden and stockmarket. In the garden you can plant seeds, which will grand you a certain bonus while they are alive. Certain mature plants can also breed and create a new seed, with different bonuses. Unlocking all the seeds can be a nice goal to work towards, while actively engaging the player. The stock market is something I haven't dabbled my toes into all too much yet, but basically you buy a stock and the price fluctuates, so you can sell it again to gain a profit when you bought at a low price and sell at a high price. These minigames help keep players more active, while adding smaller goals and more to do. I'm not sure how this can be implemented in farmking, but I've always thought of other minigames which include maybe fishing or killing/managing mobs. It would just be nice to have something else to do other than afk for money or click some grass.

Boosts with special properties: So the game is kinda straight forward: earn money. But it would be nice to add some boosts which have both positive and negative effects. For example, a boost which you can slot to boost your earnings but reduce the money from grass. Or if the golden cookie concept is implemented, a boost which makes golden cookies appear more but reduces your earnings.

More plants/upgrades: So seeing all these suggestions, you're probably thinking that you would earn wayyy too much than needed. Well, this can be easily fixed by adding more expensive plants or upgrades. However, this is more a suggestion if one of the above will be added, I don't see it being fun to grind even more for a plant more expensive than dead bush just to afk more.

This is kinda it. I probably forgot a bunch, since I haven't played farmking in a while. Also don't take this too seriously, these are just my thoughts I wanted to get out there with not a lot of thought behind it (ironic). I also haven't mentioned the crates at all, since I have a dislike for them but understand the server needs to make money somehow.

Ezzerland and Lucyy like this.
  2. Ezzerland

Ezzerland Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland
    I always wondered - what if the plants that grew in your farm were farmable? Could you then buy different harvesting material? What kind of impact would that have?

3. Pugnata

Pugnata Pug the Pug Donator

Minecraft:
    Pugnata
    Hmmm... I'm gonna assume that when you harvest a certain plant, you'll get money, with higher plants giving more money. Maybe you can trade a certain amount of a crop (for example 100) to upgrade the selling price, or get a better tool to harvest more than one square at once. Adding a growing element could also add some upgrades, by upgrading how fast a plant grows. Maybe the full grown plants can still have some earnings per second, but less, so you're more inclined to harvest them and actively play than afk (but afking still stays an option, just not as efficient). For higher upgrades, you could have automatic workers which will harvest the crops automatically, but for a lower price, so harvesting it by hand is still the best option.

Just writing this out, it definitely sounds like more fun than what we currently have.