reset review, ideas for next

Discussion in 'One In The Chamber' started by Trevor, Jan 23, 2022.

1. Trevor

Trevor Donator

time to start thinking of a reset that could happen this spring/summer!

RECAP
    the player base is thriving right now, every night it seems we can get full games for hours on end. this is thanks to our discord and all the new additions to the game that happened last summer. lets acknowledge the best players this reset(not trying to do rankings or anything) and what they've done
    me, dylan, lunar, nix, vince, pablo, beastfreak, eassen and sui have all done amazing this reset. dylan has achieved the highest elo of this reset I think getting up to 1893. that's 100+ more than what anybody has gotten. nix has set the record for most levels in a reset at 329 when writing this. pablo, eassen and beastfreak have improved a bunch from last reset and their long-awaited returns.
    eassen, won his first ever solo tournament. lunar, won his first ever solo tournament. doing really good in the mario kart tournament, then rolling through gunfight and beating me in 2 1v1s in a row. if you want to see it, go check out nix's thread. me and dylan won the gunfight tournament. me, dylan, sui, ari, aidan, and ryko competing in the 3rd crewbattle tourney, which turned into a classic elimination tourney, with me coming out with the win and sui getting team MVP. a lot has happened this reset. this is a full list of the tourneys that has happened and the winners:

TOURNAMENTS

gunfight tournament - me and dylan won
    elimination tournament - dylan won
    1v1 tournament - eassen won
    mariokart/gunfight/1v1 tournament - I won mariokart, me and lunar won gunfight, lunar won the final 1v1s
    crewbattle/elimination - me, dylan sui, ari, aidan, and ryko won crewbattle, I won elimination

THANKS TO EZZERLAND(and others)
    ezzerland worked very hard on everything that was added. gunfight, being the biggest and best addition imo. new maps by me, lunar, mats and more. nuketown 2025, docks, nacht and scrapyard being loved by most players and becoming the most played maps.
    elimination being added, unranked being added back, practically infinite rooms for the players now in the game. old maps being brought back, old death animation being brought back, the /oitc stats command, private games, all being amazing additions to the game. everybody who worked on these and suggested them deserve a lot from the community, a big thank you. now lets move on to the big thing I wanted to say

SUGGESTIONS FOR NEXT RESET
    "This update came with no changes to cosmetics, primarily so that the OITC community could enjoy the new game modes without waiting. As a result, we've planned future updates which will offer new cosmetic changes, new maps, and more, to come out over time." - Ezzerland in the update thread
    new cosmetics imo are needed, especially heads. each player has their own head it seems like. but there definitely should be more added, at least 2 pages. I don't know if there are any other particles that could be added, but it would be nice if we can get some, same with death noises.
    maps are also a big thing. imo I think the most popular map should be removed from voting, replaced by a random map like the others. sure it provides a good map every single time, but we also don't want to play the same map over and over. 1v1s is a different story. I think every map could be added to the menu, without there being a problem. usually when we are hosting tournaments or 1v1ing for fun, we're in a call or know what maps are good. it sucks when we have 3 not-so-fun maps and then nacht(most popular 1v1 map). if 1 person votes for nuketown, the other will do the same seeing that it's a good map. same for standoff, an iconic map for tournaments. so much has gone down on standoff. I think every map could be represented by a block/item, too. for example, hijacked being a boat, or nuketown being a tnt.
    on the subject of nuketown, we all like the current nuketown(2025), but we mostly agree that the OG nuketown could be added back. they both play completely different, as the OG nuketown is twice the size.
    the "combo glitch" is a bug that hasn't gotten fixed yet but I don't think anybody has told ezzerland. what happens is when you join an elimination room, you are basically cursed with a bug which lets others combo you. it's like there's no delay between hits, like combo on kitpvp. the only way to get rid of it is to relog. everybody knows of the issue and we know to relog, but still an annoying bug.
    something I just thought of is having game settings for private games. hypixel bedwars and skywars has this. it allows you to change certain aspects that change the game. examples being OP chest loot, better generators, speed, jump, and much more. I can only think of a couple things that could change how OITC could implement this. spawn with 2 arrows, swords are 1 hit too, kills to win, knockback on swords. I feel like this could be really fun and I want to hear what other have to say
    I can't really think of anything else, but please think of something yourself.

WHEN?
    I don't know lol. that's up to ezzerland, but I think a reset in may could be a possible/good time. people are finishing up school. 2020 reset was april fools, 2021 was july 17, so around that time is amazing. if you read through this whole thing, thank you

zoom, ShadowFlames, AidanBr0 and 3 others like this.
  2. jellymoon

jellymoon :D Donator

Minecraft:
    jellymoon
    Good post Trev love to see it. I have some suggestions for a potential reset as well:

1. make the elo board top 20-30, please don't make it top 60 like it has been. The satisfaction for being on the leaderboard isn't there when there are 60 slots (and who knows if 60 people even play OITC anymore)

2. make grandmaster elo rank have gold pants instead of white leather ones (like the pants donators used to have). would be a nice touch. I don't know if it gives them a slight advantage, but they deserve it because they reached grandmaster.

3. For ranked playlist, either remove the popular map vote OR remove map choosing altogether. It would make playing ranked more interesting because you have to be accustomed to all the maps in order to get more elo, instead of just being good at small maps. Makes the ranked mode feel more professional as well.

It would be nice to get a reset/update this upcoming summer or spring.

zoom, Jit, nixisawesome and 1 other person like this.
  3. Trevor

Trevor Donator

thank you joj, appreciate it. I agree with all of your suggestions 100%, but nobody has gotten close to grandmaster this reset. maybe it's time for a change in rank requirements? I think 1850 for champ and 1900 for grandmaster would be fair, but that's up to the community

and if anybody who doesn't play oitc is saying "the game is dead" there's like 3 games on the server that are more popular, being parkour, spleef and fk.

the oitc section on hub also is kinda not oitc-like? I feel like a lot more could've been added. airfield would work well for a oitc lobby, and I feel like the current lobby wouldn't be *too* hard to update. I built the leaderboard section underground, so maybe if we got permission from @t3mptr3s and @Ezzerland me and willy could change/add to it?

4. Ramen_

Ramen_ Ramen Donator

Minecraft:
    NeedMoreRamen
    This is a minor thing, but still I would like to see it implemented.

In private gunfight games, you cannot choose your teammate. The system randomly selects teams, which makes having a set teammate in a tournament nearly impossible.

Yeah, I know that getting in a normal gunfight game isn't hard, but you'd be surprised the effort we go to to make sure random people aren't in the gunfight game lol.

As for the rest, I don't personally think a reset is needed yet, but Trevor made some very good points and suggestions which could warrant a reset. Like he said, more cosmetics/death sounds would be nice, the old Nuketown being added back, etc.

nixisawesome and Trevor like this.
  5. nixisawesome

nixisawesome

RECAP (things I wanna mention):
    Ever since this reset started I wanna mention that Trevor and Dylan were dominating everyone at the beginning and being the first two gold players (literally got gold rank in different games but at the same time somehow). then following that Trevor continued to dominate to become the first platinum of the reset, then a few days later Du_ck/Dylan became the first diamond of the reset then to be followed by Trrevor a few weeks after on hitting Emerald, not long after Dylan also reached emerald and then continued even further and became the first and only (as of the time I'm writing this) Master Rank of the reset, reaching a peak of 1892 ELO, 8 off from champion. Another thing to note. Myself hitting level 300 for the 2nd time (cos stat wiped during 2nd reset). and also surpassing the world record for the highest level of all time in underneath 6 months of the reset.

Ideas/Suggestions/Wishes: (mostly mentioning things that haven't been said)
    Speaking of in the suggestions segment on how Trevor said every map could be represented by a block/item. I think it would be a cool feature to add a /duel command and people with OITC perks can choose the map they want to duel someone in so it would prevent requeuing multiple times in order to get the map they want. I'd also like to see with the /tournament host command that if you were also to host a tournament, you can decide what map you want to play (specifically for people who have OITC perks/donator or high priority ranks). I'd also want to see a /oitc stats overall (name) showing the players, Level, Kills, Deaths, K/D, Wins, Games, W/G and ELO. I'd also like to see Ranked 1v1s (as well as keeping unranked 1v1s) in OITC due to 1v1s being the most played mode atm. It would be cool if it would have a seperate ELO leaderboard for specifically 1v1s as well as keeping the Ranked ELO as well. and possibly merging ranked ELO leaderboards with a 1v1 ELO leaderboard together (idk how the algorithm will work, maybe something like how Minemen Club has there individual ELO for their specific kits as well as a global ELO leaderboard) something like that would be cool (as long as there is also seperate elo leaderboards). Obviously like how Trevor mentioned with more trails, death sounds etc that would be cool. But I feel like there's not enough features for like tournament modes. Kinda like how Trrevor mentioned with the party settings. It would be cool if people who had OITC perks could host like different modes for tournaments.
    Taking inspiration with some ideas:
    Mario Kart Tournament (A mode with multiple games (you can set the quantity of games if you're party host) and basically the position you get after the amount of games played will result in the winner with the most points). I don't know how the point distribution will work depending of the quantity of players but It would be cool to have like a grand prix mode like that.
    Crewbattle Tournament (Two seperate parties can duel each other to create a Crewbattle Tournament which will mean that the party leader from both parties can choose a player to fight for their team. Depending on how many deaths you've got (let's say you win 20-16 against someone) when you beat the other player from the other party, you'd have to verse the next player that has 20 lives left but you get eliminated if they get (4 more kills because the previous 1v1 they got 16 on you),
    Arcade Mode (A mode that will have multiple kits to use in OITC, kind of like OITQ, There can be multiple kits that do different things but this mode can only be played in parties *might change my opinion depending if people want that but idk*).
    Custom Mode (Basically what Trevor said about having a party game with custom settings that change attributes to OITC such as setting the knockback, hitdelay, damage from sword, quantity of arrows, etc).

I might have some more ideas soon but this is what I can think of for now. (this isn't finished)

6. Ezzerland

Ezzerland Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland
    Will note this thread for future oitc considerations. Definitely owe some cosmetics, never got around to it and been too busy or too occupied to do it these past several months.
    I'd prefer it left as-is.

t3mptr3s likes this.
  7. nixisawesome

nixisawesome

I don't think we need a reset as of now. I'd give it like maybe 6 more months possibly we've only been 6 months into this reset.

8. Trevor

Trevor Donator

that's why I said spring-summer

nixisawesome likes this.
  9. t3mptr3s

t3mptr3s ~ Emotional Support Staff Member ~ Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    t3mptr3s
    Other than game changes itself, everything else can stay as it is.

10. zoom

zoom

1. make elo board top 20. i agree with jelly. every other leaderboard in the server is top 20 so it makes no sense to have 60 spots for one of the smallest minigames in the server. it literally takes 5 games to get on the elo board and theres no challenge in that

2. having white pants as the last elo rank is honestly disapointing and many other people in the comm feel the same way. it should be changed to the blue pants in gunfight or the gold pants like jelly suggested.

3. remove map voting for ranked.

4. add ranked 1v1s. it can be its own leaderboard or combined with current ranked like it used to be before 2020. Many people in the community were upset and some even quit when ranked 1v1s were taken out in 2020. adding ranked 1v1s would give players a new thing to grind and it would also make it possible to have more elo ranks past 2000 elo which would be awesome. the highest elo achieved with ranked 1v1s was somewhere in the 2300s

Last edited: Mar 6, 2022
    LunarNova and nixisawesome like this.
  11. nixisawesome

nixisawesome

I really love the 4th one