Prebuilt Gaming PC Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by MC_Scout, Aug 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MC_Scout

MC_Scout Fearless Leader Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    MC_Scout
    Heh the thing is I’ve never liked legos, even as a kid.

I do plan to reinstall GTAV with LSPDFR and that’s kind of a resource hog so I wanted something good. I’ll also probably end up downloading Java development tools including android studio just for fun.
    The biggest thing is that I generally don’t think a Ryzen5/i5 is sufficient, I think the i7 is a better option. RAM is the same thing.

t3mptr3s likes this.
  2. aveliss

aveliss Staff Member Moderator

Minecraft:
    aveliss
    Just my 2 cents on this, but if you're going to be doing stuff other than gaming like you've suggested stick with Intel. Intel is still ahead of the game when it comes to workstation/desktop compared to AMD. That'll probably change in the coming years but for now I think you're better off sticking with an i7 with a decent liquid cooler and high Mhz DDR4 RAM.

3. Netherr

Netherr Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Minecraft:
    Netherlasting/Netherr
    I am not going to argue with you regarding the RAM considering that I believe that 16gb should generally be the standard outside of doing simple web browsing (8 being the bare minimum). However, I really think you're underestimating the capabilities of the Ryzen 5/i5, especially those of the later generations.

MC_Scout likes this.
  4. MC_Scout

MC_Scout Fearless Leader Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    MC_Scout
    Thanks for all your input. I have made a decision on what to buy, and your input did help. Specifically,
    I found this video helpful, and their subsequent series to be very helpful. I ended up buying an ABS Challenger based on what GN said in their review. (I looked at the Skytech Cronos but 2K for a Ryzen5 and dogshit case should be illegal)

Anyway hopefully NewEgg can deliver on their shipping timetables since I'm moving 1,000 miles south in five days.
    /c

Inisity, Lucyy, Strikyn and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.