[PK] Breached Castle

Discussion in 'Accepted Map Submissions' started by Darkstorm77, Jul 6, 2018.

?

Do you support this map?

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkstorm77

Darkstorm77 Former M.od+ Donator

Minecraft:
    Darkstorm77
    IGN: Darkstorm77

Minigame: Parkour

Description of the map: An Easy, castle themed map. You start on the outside of the castle and make your way through three hallways. It takes somewhat less than 20 seconds speedrunning, and has no necessary difficult jumps.

I wanted to create a short map because even some of the Easy maps take over 30 seconds. There aren't that many maps that take this short, so I really want to have more people involved. This map can be heavily optimized (I'd guess around 17 seconds) but not easily, so it appeals to all.

I tried to make it as aesthetically pleasing as possible, which is difficult in an enclosed map. I would have styled the stone bricks on the walls with cracked and mossy, but I decided that the floor was deteriorating, not the walls. The orange carpet replacement instead of red in some areas is on purpose- it has ice underneath. Also, I put barriers in the beginning area and to close out the 3rd hallway from the 1st so players don't get anywhere they aren't supposed to be. If anyone has ideas on additions, shoot (and sorry for not getting specific with a dungeon, armory, knight stands, treasure storage, etc that you would expect in a castle. This is a small map).

If you would like to see something new, please support this! Also, please put any suggestions- I will consider all

Screenshots:

Updated Video:

Update #1:

Credits to: Just me

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  2. Smg

Smg Retired | Also known as 'Phaithful' Donator

Minecraft:
    Phaithful_
    looks very nice, would love to attempt to speedrun this +1 dark

3. Heatdude Da Waffle

Heatdude Da Waffle Admin | Builds Things Staff Member Administrator

Minecraft:
    Heatdude
    I have one comment/suggestion/question; why are you running INTO the castle if it's falling apart? Wouldn't it make more sense to be running OUT of the castle? In that sense it might almost make more sense to have the parkour be in reverse of what it is right now.
    Maybe you could make the parkour end in another exit out the other side of the castle or something like that? Maybe there's some treasure at the finish that would make somebody want to go into this castle in the first place?
    Right now it doesn't look bad or anything and obviously not all parkour maps make sense (most don't) or have a real idea for a story (few do) but take for instance my Prison and Prison 2 maps; they're a person who wants to escape from prison, not a person running into the prison. If I were to ever make a Prison 3 maybe I could make it about somebody breaking into a prison to steal something or to free their friends? Basically what I'm saying is if the person doing the parkour was put into a character then why would that character be doing this parkour? With my comparison to the Prison maps the only reason somebody would go IN to some place dangerous like a prison (or in your case a burning castle) would be to get something they wanted from inside -- not just to run into a wall. If they weren't running in then they'd be running out to get AWAY from the danger of the prison (or the burning castle). I know I said few parkours have or need stories but with something like this I feel like it's confusing to head into a burning castle without any apparent reason; no treasure, no friends to rescue, no escape to be made. You just run through the castle until you reach a golden pressure plate and a wall.

TL;DR- It doesn't make sense to run into a burning castle for no reason. I'd suggest either adding treasure, people to rescue, or a way out. If not then I'd say flip the parkour and have them start in the burning castle and do the parkour to escape.

Besides that I think it doesn't look half bad, good work c:

4. Darkstorm77

Darkstorm77 Former M.od+ Donator

Minecraft:
    Darkstorm77
    Thanks for the reply!
    I updated it so there is a small treasure room at the end.

Heatdude Da Waffle likes this.
  5. pvpcatsbestfaction

pvpcatsbestfaction Donator

Its really nice, i love it

6. hologramable

hologramable /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Donator

Minecraft:
    hologramable
    This is really nice Dark. Its short, sweet, and has a nice decoration to it.

+1

7. YeahYayMoreTea

YeahYayMoreTea Donator

I like it because you have put some details inside in castle So I voted Yes

8. Petowe

Petowe

Not bad at all. I think you could improve the outside a bit though.

9. ItsHarry

ItsHarry Owner Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsHarry
    Great map, please PM the world save with coordinates

Darkstorm77, ZeusV and RulerofMobs like this.
  10. ItsHarry

ItsHarry Owner Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsHarry
    Added

Darkstorm77 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.