OITC feels unfair. (Suggestion)

Discussion in 'One In The Chamber' started by nixisawesome, Dec 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nixisawesome

nixisawesome

I think we should remove Knockback from the Swords.

Here is why:
    Because every single time when both players are 1 hit from death (When trading hits and being in a open area), the person with better ping usually wins the fight, Also then again you could say, But this person has 20ms and the other person has 30ms and the 30ms person keeps winning: Sure but the difference between 20-30 is pretty close compared to like someone (like me), who has like 200ms and I'm 1v1ing someone with like 0-60, even 100.

I'm going to split up some ping categories so that what ping seems awfully unfair compared to what is just relying with just skill.

(Assuming that the server is hosted in USA)
    0-75ms (because what NA players get)
    76ms-120ms (NA players with bad wifi)
    121ms-160ms (EU players)
    161ms-220ms (EU players with bad wifi)
    221ms-300+ms (AU players)

The only unfair thing really is the fact that when you're far away from someone the lower ping you have when fighting someone, the person who has better ping usually wins, and the reason why I want knockback 1 to be removed/reduced is because of the fact that when players get pushed away the person with better ping USUALLY will get better hit registration since the lower ping, the faster connection.

There is barely any way to prevent this from happening (ESPECIALLY in 1v1s), because in 1v1s there is less people to worry about and you just wanna make sure you're winning the trade.

Like It's easier for NA players to kill AU players when both players are 1 sword hit away from death. since the hit registers for NA players first since they're closer to where the server is hosted. And since Knockback pushes players away, It makes it harder for people to get combos. I'm not saying that it's impossible, but it's really just a big issue that's simply unfair.

I know that most people that play on here are in the NA Region, and most likely will have a different opinion since they're the ones not having the issue. and it practically doesn't affect them what so ever. Of course they don't want the change because it's comfortable for them. but not for everyone. If knockback was removed, I think it would be more fair for everyone.

I'm not really great at explaining stuff, but if you've got any questions/opinions etc, about it. Just reply.

Thanks, I really hope this becomes a change in the next season of OITC. :)

2. Siere

Siere Donator

Minecraft:
    Siere
    kb on swords makes it more fair for oitc players who have actually gotten good at using kb, i remember coming in to oitc from maining kit and getting schlapped up by oitc players

as for first hits, what will taking the kb off of a sword when each person is one shot do about anything, kb literally has nothing to do with who gets the first hit

people with higher ping also tend to get more delayed hits, and this suggestion would absolutely fuck them over whenever they would be trading with anyone, especially with no kb and the fact that it takes 3-4 hits to kill someone, any high ping player wouldnt have a chance

if you watch any au vs na duel in kit it usually has the na player shitting on the au player at first, then the au player getting 8 block delayed hits, but by this time the player would have already died!

3. Kaiisawesome95

Kaiisawesome95 Donator

Minecraft:
    Kaiisawesome95
    no

Trevor likes this.
  4. Ramen_

Ramen_ Ramen Donator

Minecraft:
    NeedMoreRamen
    Youve been playing the game for 7 years and this is a problem all of a sudden.

Trevor likes this.
  5. nixisawesome

nixisawesome

It's always been a problem, it's just I've never addressed it.
    --- Post merged ---
    yes

6. Alperen_

Alperen_ Donator

Minecraft:
    Alperen_
  7. ConnorFTW

ConnorFTW Donator

Minecraft:
    ConnorFTW
    Nothing wrong with kb. It can be annoying when it comes to chasing people but doesn’t need to be removed. If it was a problem jt would’ve been removed years ago

8. zoom

zoom

kb swords has and always will be a part of oitc. -1

9. Ezzerland

Ezzerland Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland
    Knockback does not make a difference in who makes contact first. With this theory, someone with lower ping would be able to hit you and knock you away without you being able to hit them at all.

Removing knockback allows for more than 2 hit combo's, however, and makes someone who is able to combo 100% superior.

KB Stays, sorry.
    /c

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.