OITC 2v2 Gunfight Tournament

Discussion in 'One In The Chamber' started by LunarNova, Aug 1, 2021.

1. LunarNova

LunarNova P̷̰̅I̵̺̅Ń̴͍K̷̞̈́ ̵̼̂W̵̗͑Ḭ̸͘T̸̺̓C̵̺̕H̸̱́ Donator

Minecraft:
    LunarNova
    Hello everyone!

I am here to announce a tournament I've been waiting on for a long time. On the 15th of August, 10PM CEST/4PM EDT, I will host a 2v2 gunfight tournament. We will see which team shows the most coordination, teamwork, individual skill and chemistry.

How this tournament is going to work
    To sign up for this tournament, please message LunarNova#2345 on discord the following information:
    1. Your minecraft name and your teammates' minecraft name
    2. Your teamname (optional)
    Once you've signed up, I will put your team into a bracket that will be made a couple days before the tournament begins, so you have enough time to prepare and scrap yourselfves for what is to come.

The bracket will be determined mostly by ELO. The player with the highest amount of ELO will be the only player being taking into account with the making of the bracket. The tournament itself is double elimination. This means that if a team gets knocked out of the main bracket, they still have a chance to redeem themselves in the loserbracket, and eventually the last team standing in the loserbracket will face the winner of the main bracket.

Some other things:
    >It is necessary to join the OITC discord server. Please DM me through LunarNova#2345 on discord to get an invite link.
    >When the tournament begins, it is required that everyone join the main voice channel so we can have a final breefing.
    >Rules for the tournament will be made as well at a later date. I will either post the full rules on a google document or post it in announcements.

That's it for now. Thank you for reading and I hope I get to hear from you guys soon. Peace!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
    Joeyy and Trevor like this.
  2. nixisawesome

nixisawesome

Hi everyone! And welcome to the first OITC 2v2 Gunfight tournament. • Bracket o A bracket will be made when all players have found a team. o Placement in the bracket goes as follows: whoever has the highest ELO in your team will be counted in the bracket. For example: unicorngamer and squirrel233 are in a team. Unicorngamer has 1500 elo while squirrel223 has 1400 elo. Since unicorngamer has the highest elo(and maybe even the highest elo on the leaderboard), their team gets placed in bracket spot 1. It will all make sense when I make the bracket o Matches are best of 5. The first team to win 3 times wins the round. o Finals are best of 7. • Rules o Shifting longer than 10 seconds will result in your team losing the match/getting disqualified. o Please don’t run. We want the tournament to run smoothly and efficiently. • Other important stuff to note: o Make sure you can actually make it. Please let your teammate and me know if at the last minute something else came up. o It is necessary to join the voice chat when the tournament begins (mics are not obligated). A voice chat will be made for every single team. o Be sure to get some experience with your teammate. Get some chemistry running in between both of you so that you and your teammate are not total strangers. That’s it for now. I will make more posts like this the coming week. Anyway, I hope I get to see you all next Sunday! (Copying and Pasting This Here just in case if some people didn't see)