Minecraft Oh wow what a cool new minigame

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Yomc, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Yomc

Yomc ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

So I was browsing the y-tubes and I saw that this video was getting popular.

So I was like "wow! Looks like the J+H server is about to see more popularity once again." That is, until I checked the server address, which led to a completely different forum.
    I won't post the link, as not to advertise, but yesterday, on this server's forum, the following thread was posted:
    ITS A TRAP.PNG
    So in other words, this server is making a minigame based on agar.io and promulgating it specifically to youtubers so that they play it on their server.
    Now, I've never played this server's agar.io, so this is Kind of a question out there for those who have: Is this a rip-off of J+H's game? Or is it a game with different mechanics yet with a similar idea? This thread isn't trying to start a conspiracy, by the way, I'm legitimately curious.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  2. questionmark

questionmark Donator

well didn't j&h create agario in minecraft like have the first agario minigame on the server?

but in your video the agario that they made is different.

3. gibbson3

gibbson3 Legend l Gibby

Minecraft:
    KoolKiwi187
    Yes, and this is literally horrible if J&H made the first one the other servers just copy WOW.

TreeKillerMan likes this.
  4. Dreadlord1

Dreadlord1 Donator

Minecraft:
    notgb
    If only minigame copyright claims existed

5. SinisterBucky

SinisterBucky Exemplary Gaming Co-Founder and GM Donator

Minecraft:
    _Bucky
    I highly doubt this was inspired by this server. Their demonstration of the minigame (no offense) resembles the real Agar.io more than does our minigame. This leads me to conclude, with minimal evidence, that they were solely inspired by replicating the online browser game, not our minigame (which is totally awesome-r).

questionmark, Miner, Katerina and 4 others like this.
  6. TreeKillerMan

TreeKillerMan shamone Donator

Minecraft:
    TreeKillerMan
    ^Predicted it

7. Odi

Odi

Minecraft:
    //odipossible \\
    I'm sure J&H weren't the only ones to think of the idea, but they were the first ones to actually make the minigame.
    I'm sure a lot of people would of thought of a "Minecraft Themed" agar.io, as it is a really popular game and enjoyed by many, many Minecrafters.

8. elmferjh

elmferjh Elmfer the "elf".

Minecraft:
    Elmfrimitus7for
    I do believe too that J&H had made a minigame based on Agar.io first. But some other server does it as well, but they don't think. They just literately copied the exact game mechanics as agar.io. I liked that J&H have thinked differently of how this minigame is going to work. Like its a genius idea to just kill mobs instead of having a big circle around you, yet its still a very competitive minigame!