My Real Life Friends and Social Media

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by bIake, Oct 19, 2016.

1. bIake

bIake no Donator

I'm pretty sure some of you will get what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that my real life friends are pretty cringey when it comes to social media. And sometimes they tend to start unwanted drama. I mean all they do is fill up my phone notifications with some stupid event I didn't go to because I know they were going to cause some pretty lame things to happen (according to my standards). Then there's that one friend who asks for your Snapchat. You give it to him, and then he gives it out to everyone who you didn't want to find your Snapchat. I've literally had one friend who did that and when I unadded him he's asked me everday if I could add him back. Why? So he can give it out again? I don't know if I should unfollow my friends, but I don't want to turn off my notifications because my friends post info about some traditional events we have, and I don't want to miss them.

KaiserVenom and Darkstorm77 like this.
  2. KaiserVenom

KaiserVenom Veteran Donator

Minecraft:
    KronprinzVenom
    Personally, this one reason why I don't use any form of social media.
    My decision to avoid it at all costs pays off too, not only because of this, but also because my strong opinions would more likely be censored by the actual social media companies themselves.
    Generally speaking though, the main reason why I dislike social media in general is exactly because I dislike a lot of today's trends, and I also not very happy with today's generation of kids which dominate the social media platforms.

ItsJerry and bIake like this.
  3. bluetrashbag

bluetrashbag hi Donator

Minecraft:
    Cyantifically
    this is quite relatable.

bIake likes this.
  4. meemo

meemo the forgetful Donator

Minecraft:
    AlmightyWIKI
    Honestly I have a friend who LITERALLY DOES MUSICAL.LY DANCES THINGS.. WHILE IN SCHOOL.

bIake likes this.
  5. caaitlin

caaitlin ily all Donator

Minecraft:
    lilsuicideboy
    i also have a friend like this lmao

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
    bIake likes this.
  6. TheMint

TheMint Former Mod+ Donator

Minecraft:
    TheMint
    The only social medias I use are Snapchat, Twitter (rarely) and WhatsApp & Kik, if you count them as social medias and not messengers. Out of all of those I only use WhatsApp with people I know IRL...
    Most of my friends don't even use social media haha

KaiserVenom likes this.
  7. Rollz

Rollz rollz Donator

True, yet I got 2 accounts where I deal with cringy friends IRL and more of my normal friends online, but look at this from their perspectives.... they think we are the cringy ones with "dank memes" and stuff but they live in the real world while I have spent half my life on this trash box xD

8. nthi

nthi Donator

i have a solution

have no friends

ta da :D

Praetor likes this.
  9. Praetor

Praetor Dead| Female Rodent Donator

Minecraft:
    PraetorOfRome
    I just don't get social media. I've never been attracted to it in anyway, In my opinion, it's just a useless waste of time. People should spend more time doing things than sharing what they did on their phones.

Life, unfortunately, isn't that long, so why waste it taking meaningless, repetitive selfies when you could actually be hanging out with your friends?