My experience with forums

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by LunarNova, Mar 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. LunarNova

LunarNova P̷̰̅I̵̺̅Ń̴͍K̷̞̈́ ̵̼̂W̵̗͑Ḭ̸͘T̸̺̓C̵̺̕H̸̱́ Donator

Minecraft:
    LunarNova
    Hi.

This thread is going to be me talking about some stuff that has been bugging me when I come onto this wonderful platform, that is the forums.

So let's start at the beginning, or rather, let's get to the point that I'd like to adress with you guys. On the forums, there are good, and bad threads. That's logical, since no forum can avoid having those.

But what really pisses me off, is that even if someone is very popular with like 1k likes or something, and makes a thread, people just go crazy on them. They instantly think that it's the most wonderful thing on the planet. Now that's not the problem here. The problem is, that people who just started forums, almost never get taken seriously. If they make a thread about something, people ignore it, and just click on another thread. Or people just disagree with the thread without even reading it.

What I'm trying to say is that we should treat people that have just made a forum account just to post something like a suggestion, same as a person who has a little bit more experienced with forums.

Now, of course, I'm not saying that you should from now on respond to every thread you see, and that we should be friends with everyone. Take it more as that we're very judgeful against people. We judge people just by their likes, which in my opinion, is kind of stupid.

We all have feelings, a heart and soul. People are not by any chance, a push-over. This platform is for us all. If you want to post something about this or that, you're free to do so, go ahead. But please just treat them like normal people, and not as some animal who's looking at a screen.

This is just my experience. I might just be completely wrong. And that's no problem. Feel free to disagree in the replies, because this is just my experience with forums.

In conclussion: Yes, you can still think that people with the highest amount of likes are the most wonderful thing on this world, but give the people with less amount of likes also a bit of love.

Again, this is my experience. I'm still very unsure about this thread, but I just felt like telling you my experience. I hope people will understand my reasoning here.

Have a nice day.

Mookey, SpiralDude, tence3000 and 9 others like this.
  2. Rei

Rei The One and Only

Honestly,
    I felt that after deleting that @Enderbrine account.

But did I regret it?
    Nah, I just moved on play my new game to hop on. I was able to learn more things rather than being here (No offense), being to roam, talk a little, heck I didn't touched my Minecraft account for months so I gave it back to my brother. (Then I got it back to play for nostalgia)

Do I agree?
    Yeah, but sometimes life is like that. When someone more well-known than you did the same thing, gets more appreciation than you. That's how popularity works, and popularity has been with us for a long while ever since that system was implemented.

Either way, it was nice reading your experience for it reminded me my experience here when I was an active member of the IJAH Forum community.

SpiralDude, Smg and LunarNova like this.
  3. Rollz

Rollz rollz Donator

ur so relatable dad

LunarNova likes this.
  4. Job_

Job_ Banana Donator

Minecraft:
    Sneakin_
    I agree with this, People who just made their forums account get no respect because they have no likes. Give them some love

tence3000 and LunarNova like this.
  5. LunarNova

LunarNova P̷̰̅I̵̺̅Ń̴͍K̷̞̈́ ̵̼̂W̵̗͑Ḭ̸͘T̸̺̓C̵̺̕H̸̱́ Donator

Minecraft:
    LunarNova
    I honestly thought everyone would disagree... thanks guys :)

Mookey, tence3000 and Rollz like this.
  6. KaiserVenom

KaiserVenom Veteran Donator

Minecraft:
    KronprinzVenom
    I would have to disagree, least to a point. Sometimes people don't even respond to my threads, even my serious ones. I've seen many threads that have been made popular by less popular members.
    It is easy to think that this is a problem, but the majority of threads on here are made by more popular members, basically spamming a lot of the forum. Some threads are just overlooked.
    The last part seems just about right though.

The majority of the thread is well-done in my opinion though.

vipa and LunarNova like this.
  7. Rivenze

Rivenze Donator

Same. :)

8. Stolas

Stolas waffles > pancakes Donator

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    I mean I wouldn't consider myself popular just because I have 1,000 likes.
    Personally, I think Messages > Likes.

Other than that, I could somewhat agree with what you're trying to say here.

Good thread.