Minecraft Live Revealed 1.17

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by Apex_SkyShadow, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Apex_SkyShadow

Apex_SkyShadow My Doggo & Pupper = Best Doggo & Pupper Combo Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    EwwwApex - Apex_SkyShadow - MC_Scoot - DeskSlam
    Minecraft Live has shown that the 1.17 update is going to be called the Caves & Cliffs Update. There will be a new mob that hits HARD and uses sound to find you. There is also a poll between a Glow Squid, Iceologer, and a Moobloom for another new mob.

Yupac, sool and Smg like this.
  2. Smg

Smg Retired | Also known as 'Phaithful' Donator

Minecraft:
    Phaithful_
    I haven't played MC in so long but I'm lowkey excited for caves getting updated

3. Soso

Soso cringe Donator

Minecraft:
    SosoTheOrange
    I'm so excited for cave updates but Im not a fan of the mob votes. They need original or new animals from irl like birds or even something like monkeys imo

4. Trevor

Trevor Donator

custom caves will be amazing

5. thesaber903

thesaber903 Mabelen / Editor Donator

If I am correct from Minecraft's twitter, Glow Squid won the second poll.
    (I just came back from somewhere so unsure if they already announced that, please quote me if I'm wrong)

6. Apex_SkyShadow

Minecraft:
    A glow squid is very original.
    It gives you hallucinations and will make you follow it. Look up mesmer from subnautica to get a reference.
    And they literally are doing that. Both the axolotl and goat are being added along with the glow squid and warden
    https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Java_Edition_1.17

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
    Yupac likes this.
  7. Soso

Soso cringe Donator

Minecraft:
    SosoTheOrange
    I just think theyre drifting away from elements of Minecraft and just redesigning old mobs. Excited for goats though

8. Pugnata

Pugnata Pug the Pug Donator

Minecraft:
    Pugnata
    Super excited to get both updates for caves and cliffs. Some things I'm super happy with, like the cave biomes and improved generation. The warden is super creepy and really gives a sort of horror element into mc. Some of the other things feel a bit weird to me. I love archeology, but the added features really need some work before being released (which I have hope for that it will happen), like which block you need to dust and what will the pots be used for. I actually don't like the copper, unless they give a way to fix the state it will be in. Building with copper will be a pain if it will all just turn blue/greenish. I was super surprised to see the glow squid won, even though it was my favorite (bioluminescence babyyy).

I'm happy that there is some time before the official release, so the devs can really tweak certain ideas better.

Apex_SkyShadow likes this.
  9. Apex_SkyShadow

Minecraft:
    I'm not really sure how 3/4 of the new mobs are recreations of old ones though. The Warden is literally a fucking juggernaut that waddles after you in caves, deals literally 6 1/2 hearts of damage with netherite armor on, have a shit ton of health, and can be distracted by sound. Axolotls are hostile mobs that don't attack you, yet attack other mobs in the water and you can make an army of them by picking them up in buckets. The Goat jumps like 5 blocks off the ground and can ram you and other mobs. The only one that is a slight recreation, if at all, is the glow squid. Even then, it's a completely new concept to the game, just with a familiar shape.
    If the glow squid is even close to the mesmer from subnautica, I'm sold.
    Live in game:

With the sound track more audible:

10. squiddyXz

squiddyXz cheese enthusiast Donator

Minecraft:
    sussuh
    mob farms go brrr

11. Saul1337

Saul1337

I like the cave update a lot, seemed pretty bare bones still but looks like it'll actually be pretty cool and dangerous now to explore caves.
    The overall feel of the game seems to shift too much for me though, I don't experience a lot of the new content anyway but it doesn't appeal to me neither. Guess I am old and enjoyed the look of older Minecraft more.