Just Some Thoughts

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Joseph10003, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ItsPacers

ItsPacers Well-Known-Member Donator

Minecraft:
    ItsPacers
    Okay, I'm gonna be honest here. People may be promoted even if they aren't well known. It doesn't matter if you are well known or not. @TreeKillerMan2 wasn't that well known. Look at him now. They choose people who have good applications and always help people in game. All staff to a good job as their positions. Like yes, Death, Slevin, Stock, Sofie, and Tayahs are Willy's friends but they didn't get promoted for that. They got promoted for always helping on the server and reporting people. Look at Tayahs. She joined forums a few months ago. It doesn't matter how long you're in the community. Just stay active and help everybody. Report rule breakers etc... Stock is a good friend of Willy, and he is a Mod+. He isn't Mod+ because he is Willy's friend. He is Mod+ for always helping the server and the team. Look at Eli. Even though he isn't staff anymore, he was an amazing staff member. He was one of the best staff members on the server. He was always taking care of reports and always helping members that needed help. So if you have a problem with staff, ignore them. That is my part of my story. If you have something to say about this, go ahead.

TreeKillerMan, taylorr and YFIOTR like this.
  2. kathrine

kathrine •|i|• Ø i+! ].[ Donator

Minecraft:
    Goners
    @Jessiee and other staff, I have stated before that I now understand and that my thoughts where way off. If you can except this apology that would make my day.

3. Joseph10003

Joseph10003 hi. Donator

Minecraft:
    RetroJoey
    Okay, now you are basically re-starting issues here. I have said in reply to William that I understand that the way people are promoted is different than what I thought. You're acting as if I am incapable of understanding what you are trying to say in this whole post. I understand what you are saying, but like you are able to have your own opinion, I will still have my own opinion even if you don't agree with it. I have already said that I agree with what Willy said, so why is it a problem that I changed my opinion? It has nothing to do with him being Co-Owner... can I not change my opinion after he provided information that makes sense? Also, why do staff act like they have a "job." I know what a job is because I have a job and it's definitely not sitting behind a computer helping out a Minecraft server.

Aside from that, I have liked everyone else's opinions on here, even if they went against my opinions, but your comment seems to be more "sassy" and "to the point." Sorry I don't know everything about what you do because I will agree with what you said, I am not staff, so I wouldn't know everything about the position. Plus, why did this thread turn to being about the community and staff to just being about staff. I mean people are acting like I hate staff or something which is not what I intended.

questionmark and kathrine like this.
  4. jessie

jessie Donator

As I stated in the post, it wasn't just to you, as it was just to everyone in general. It seems that you are stuck on the parts that upset than the whole post itself. William actually read my post before I sent it and from a staff's point of view, I have good points. As I said, even though I replied to you and kathrines message, doesn't mean it was just at you. It's a volunteer job. We're on so often that we deal with people/ their problems, handle hands on situations, and help a community. If I didn't say what the name of what I do is and just told you those details about it, it would sound like a job. You said my comment was sassy and to the point, but you replied with one just as you described mine to be.

You don't have to apologizes. I said that it wasn't just to the people that I replied to, since a lot of people had the same posts. I just replied to you and joseph's because they were on the first page and the first ones I saw.

As I said in my first post, it wasn't my intention on offending anyone, but I stand by my opinion. If you want everyone to be equal, then let everyone's opinion be that way. Disagreeing or not. I just used your posts as topics for mine.

Aiden, cingle, Inisity and 8 others like this.
  5. _Magical

_Magical Pokémon trainer

Most of the people who have commented in this thread need this shirt.

[​IMG]

Braixen, questionmark, momand and 8 others like this.
  6. YFIOTR

YFIOTR Donator

Minecraft:
    YFIOTR
    [​IMG]

dinoceros, sss, Braixen and 13 others like this.
  7. Joseph10003

Joseph10003 hi. Donator

Minecraft:
    RetroJoey
    Okay, so I will start by saying that I have learned a lot. It has definently been a learning experience especially with just stating my opinion. I am sorry if I made anyone upset or mad. Through many posts on this thread, I have learned that the forums/forums are only as good as you make them. I have not made the forums/server out to be the best and therefore made this thread to state why I thought the server/forums were "going downhill." Yes, some stuff I said on this thread were true, but when I talked about groups and staff, that stuff was not as accurate as I made it out to be. I admit that I was wrong for talking about staff like that and I have realized that it is okay to have groups of friends that you want to talk to. If you don't want people to join your channel, that is okay. I am very sorry to staff that I offended and sorry for making some staff seem like villains for having an opinion. That was a very hypocritical thing for me to do. Also, I am sorry for basically saying that you have to be friends with staff to be promoted. Though it may seem like this, they are only trying to pick people that are right for the job and sometimes it just happens to be that the people promoted are good friends with specific staff. I usually like to admit when I am wrong and now would be one of those times, but nonetheless, thanks to everyone who posted and shared their thoughts. I guess we all kind of learned some things and found out new information that we didn't already know before. Thanks again to everyone who read. Hopefully, I can be forgiven.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.