Just Some Thoughts

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Joseph10003, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joseph10003

Joseph10003 hi. Donator

Minecraft:
    RetroJoey
    I see your point in this post, but you can't completely compare the server to real life situations. The server has only a fraction of numbers to that of a company like Apple and their employees, plus a cities population and a Minecraft servers numbers are going to be completly different as well. Plus a person being hired at a company or a police officer in a city is not going to matter because they don't directly impact the city or company, but on here it is the opposite. Since there are only a small amount of staff, one bad staff member can directly impact someones experience on the server/forums. You can't really compare the server/forums to the two examples you provided, but I do sort of see what you were trying to get at.

I have talked to William about the issue, but it is hard to come up with a solution that allows all players of the community to vote for staff or give suggestions. I just don't like to leave up choices to a couple of people. That is my only issue here.

Odi, Bilbo, questionmark and 2 others like this.
  2. MC_Scout

MC_Scout Fearless Leader Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    MC_Scout
    What?
    So a small business that only has a few employees have to get the communities permission to hire someone?
    No.
    And one bad person can make a difference. Like if one police officer does something horrible it makes the evening news. And if Apple has a bad customer representative, they loose that customer .
    Anyway can make a negative impact.

This is EXACTLY how a real world works.
    We have never had a say in applications, most people had this flase notion that we did.

3. Lethalities

Lethalities Donator

Minecraft:
    Lethalities
    I'll be explaining everyone about a staff for more information.

Let's use @Netherr as an example.

Netherr was a fun and famous guy. He helps people and do his usual things in Minecraft. He raids in Factions and he also reports that makes our fellow players happy. But when he gets promoted as a Helper or which we call them usually "Staff", his attitude changes a few days as a Staff. He isn't forced to change his attitude but instead he thought about how much responsibility he holds. The Admins, Co Owners and Owners didn't asked him to change his attitude. Of course we humans cannot be forced to change ourselves by one's opinion (mostly). As more days he is staff, the more he change his attitude to a responsible police officer. Then when he gets promoted to a Mod (Not a Mod+), his attitude rapidly changes. Let's say he observes how a Mod do his job, he combines his own opinion and how a Mod do his job as one of him. Let's say he's a head of a police station, the Helpers will contact him about a built that is inappropriate, he then will remove it for the sake of childrens education. It's like they're solving each case of crimes. Then when he got promoted to a Mod+, he then becomes a fully mature or he was already fully mature at the beginning of his Mod career. Let's say he is now a Senator of the country. Of course he will not make laws for this server but he has a huge power. This power will stop the evil players and restore the main core of the server, fun and joy, as the normal citizens as an example will not worry about any chaos happening.

If he has a chance to get Admin at somepoint, let's say he will then fix complicated glitches or help build a new mini-game.

Of course the server doesn't promotes Co-Owner (or does Harry do?)

I'll explain maturity.

Maturity is a part of our life ( 5% of the people didn't have the maturity within them). Maturity is like a invisible material like knowledge, wisdom and intelligence. Maturity widens our thinking or let's say the brain. Our childish acts will slowly die as our responsible acts be created. Maturity isn't a material that mad scientist injects but the brain's extension. The brain itself creates it, maturity may come from a bloodline of a family or our brain creates it. It affects our life, we forget our fun toys as we were a kid. But this generation, maturity found within us is hard to find, since other humans created gadgets, we cannot remove them in our life. 5% of the people (my guess) is being childish. Other says 50% of us still do stupid things or what we call childish things. That's why mostly of us didn't remove our immaturity within us because we want to enjoy the last of it.We will all encounter financial problems and college problems. We will also encounter love either in the Internet or real life. You should all enjoy the last of immaturity and remove it at the right time.

As God said, we cannot bring visible materials but we can bring the invisible material within us that includes love.

And as us, human beings, said, things doesn't live forever but it will rather be destroyed or transformed into a worthless junk. So it also means we just enjoy the last moments of us being together as one community in both server and the forums.

I hope you all stop your worthless argument in 1 simple object.

Kizkuto, Zhiqing, kathrine and 4 others like this.
  4. MssR_iTeMpZz

MssR_iTeMpZz

Greatest discussion ever created.

5. Bilbo

Bilbo Donator

Minecraft:
    CORNUH
    I got banned on team speak for poking a staff saying "Ez" and he banned me for mild harassment. I had proved my points in the abuse section but they all ganged on each other after I had told them kindly to back off. One of the staff members were correcting some of my grammar mistakes in the report abuse smh.

Everyone says "ez" in FACTIONS, OITC, and KitPvP. They really don't care if we say ez. But if I said ez to a staff member, they ban me on teamspeak? And my report abuse gets denied as well?

It's not wrong, but in my report abuse, and you can defend a staff member, but it's like 6 staffs defending 1 staff member, and how they defended him just cause I said "ez" was wrong. If staff constantly defend each other in appeal like a 6v1, why should the abuse section even exist? But I respect your opinion as well.

They duplicate the suggestions cause they need it, and they really like it. Things like /duel, etc. People keep duplicating it because the other threads die out. The Owners or higher staff should give feedback so they understand why the suggestion isn't good (or good) and why it won't work. That way people will understand and less of those duplication threads will appear cause most people know why that suggestion cannot be accepted.

momand and Joseph10003 like this.
  6. Netherr

Netherr Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Minecraft:
    Netherlasting/Netherr
    Ok, since the topic of the thread is taking a slight turn towards staff and their attitude and since nobody has bothered to clarify/discuss on it, I'll shed some light to hopefully clarify and answer your (potential)questions.

Based on a few posts on this thread, staff have supposedly changed their attitude towards the community and friends. This may be true for some but not all. Since I was already used as an example by MaxNeith, it wouldn't hurt if I use myself as an example considering I'm the one staff member I know best. I, as a staff, have to do my job for the benefit of the entire community whether it be something as small as warning a person or something major like handling spambot invasions. During these events, I can't just be myself and act all silly for nobody will take me seriously, therefor "forcing" myself to put on a more serious and "respectable" attitude and tone and since these things happen in public, it's no surprise that people assume that we change as a person. But, that's where you're wrong. As some of you may know, specifically close friends & some staff, I act all "retarded" and odd to the extent that it's hard to believe I even got Helper. You, the public don't get to see this often for I normally do this in the staff chats/TS and occasionally, shoutbox for not many people get to see it happen and there aren't instances where I have to act as if I'm in the public eye and when it does happen, it isn't too hard for me to change into that "form"; the "respectable" and serious one.

Another reason why we don't act like this in the public eye is because we represent the staff team as a whole, a role model to the server who all supposedly look up to. The mistake of one us ruins the image of all of us staff. Just as we thrive as one, we also fall as one thus making us think before we speak and act.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
  7. YFIOTR

YFIOTR Donator

Minecraft:
    YFIOTR
    Yea that shouldn't be happening. Months back before I resigned, something like that happened when six different Helpers replied to a staff abuse report that they had no part of. It ended up confusing the person and angering them so bad since it was a gang up almost. I told admins and the problem was handled the right way.

If that happened to you Bilbo, then you need to speak to an admin. Cause that's really messed up.

Joseph10003, kathrine, Bilbo and 7 others like this.
  8. MssR_iTeMpZz

MssR_iTeMpZz

"Ez" isn't even harassment. It's basically saying "I'm better than you".
    So what?
    If you say Ez to intimidate someone or mean it in a unpleasant way, that's a different story.
    People joke around, things like that shouldn't be taken seriously.

Bilbo, Radii and Joseph10003 like this.
  9. Joseph10003

Joseph10003 hi. Donator

Minecraft:
    RetroJoey
    My problem is this,

the server needs improvement.
    Everyone wants improvement, but there is no improvement.

Implement new things or have the owners be more active with the community altogether. I know that this thread may have offended some people, but all I wanted to do was state my honest opinions and express my feelings. It makes me mad how some people on here just don't seem to see what I am trying to say.

I understand that it is okay to disagree with someone, but of course some staff aren't going to have the same opinions as me because they are staff and don't realize what their actions can say about them and how it affects other people. I will also say this, I have learned to also not state my opinion all the time, but that will not change who I am at all. Believe it or not, but it took me a lot of courage to make this thread. It was not to start trouble and it was not to make people feel different about me. This thread was simply made because I had some things to say about the server/forums and since no one else has made a thread about the server/forums (that have obviously been going down hill lately) I figured that I would.

Besides this thread, another problem has happened that I don't really want to talk about.
    Just want to say this though, if you think someone has done something wrong, don't assume. Questioning and getting answers is always better than assuming. Assuming leads to rumors and drama which we all know is what the forums feed off of. Half the time, the "assumptions" aren't even correct and provide false information. Trust me, it's not fun to have rumors spread about you.

Like I said in the past and in this thread, you never know who someone truly is, especially on an online community like this one.
    I hate it when people assume that they "know me" or "know how I act." I don't like to sugarcoat stuff and I like to state my opinion. I am sorry that my opinion might have hurt some, but that is the only way change can happen and hopefully now it will happen. Don't judge someone by their "online persona" because half the time, it is not accurate.

Again, thank you to most of the staff that do a good job at keeping this server all together. Also, thanks to most people in this community who are nice and caring and overall positive people. The server/forums would not be the same without you all. Hopefully the server improves in the future and we can try to fix these issues as a team instead of against each other.

10. animelover999

animelover999 Donator

I am amazed how @Joseph10003 put a stand on this. I am surprised at how long and much effort went to this. And it was worth it.

As some of his quotes from the op, I noticed maturity, imperfections, and special staff channels, staff getting promoted. I have experienced this. We all have experienced this.

But about the 1.9 update, if people are going to leave because of the updates that change PvP or anything regarding the update, their love for the J&H remains. Just because of an update doesn't mean people are going to leave. They may find a way around this situation finding another way. Remember the update is an update and there may be no stopping how Mojang is going to do now. Although, Mojang did make Minecraft so they get to do what ever they want to the game. There may be no stop to the update.

MssR_iTeMpZz, Odi and Joseph10003 like this.
  11. MssR_iTeMpZz

MssR_iTeMpZz

kathrine, 360Redstone and Joseph10003 like this.
  12. X__Ninja__X

X__Ninja__X yeep Donator

Minecraft:
    X__Ninja__X
    Why do we fucking need the suggestion box if barely any of the staff crew look at it. Just wasting our time. When was the last time a suggestion was actually accepted. Honestly might as well close the suggestion section if we just type out a whole page or two of a detailed thing we would like added to the server and people don't even look at it. The whole point of the section is to improve the sever and let more people be involved with making the server a better place. Honestly I think we need more people to look into actually accepting suggestions and see what the people that play the server want instead of doing whatever they want.
    (Sorry if I offended anyone)

13. kathrine

kathrine •|i|• Ø i+! ].[ Donator

Minecraft:
    Goners
    I am so glad to come across a thread about these topics. I was waiting until someone was going to make a thread!
    Joseph I am so happy for you expressing YOUR own opinions. Even if you might get hate. It is a very brave action you have done here today.
    Getting back onto the thread topic. Everything stated on this thread is amazingly true and very well worded.
    For staff to 'back-fire' at you like this, is really not pleasing. I have been told by many staff members, that we are allowed to state our own opinion. But, yet the second we do express an opinion and they see something they don't agree with or do not necessarily like, they won't "hate" but will give you a hard time. Yet they tell you it's okay to express your own opinions.

And from what I have seen, most of the people that talk with staff end up getting staff. Am I the only one that has been seeing this? Although, people may say it has nothing to do with it, I honestly despise that statement because I think it is definitely false. Although, staff members may say no it isn't true. Then explain why all your friends or your "group" gets staff. I think that this is highly unfair.

However, this comment isn't directed towards anyone, just please take all that is above into mind.

14. ItsWilly

ItsWilly Ex Co-Owner Donator

Minecraft:
    MrDeathWilliam
    I can gladly state that around 90% of the players that have been promoted, that we don't hold a special bond with them, and not certainly because we talk more. If you want concrete names, I'll give them to you even in public, but people like TreeKiller, patabum, Dreadlord, Konohito, Matrix, John, Zye, (etcetcetc), I didn't talk to them prior to their promotions. And I'm just giving a small list.

Sure, some people we know well got promoted, not going to lie, but that's a small percentage. But if you know someone well and you know that they'll do their jobs correctly.. is that a bad thing? Plus, if those are a very very small group in the whole staff team.. is that a bad thing?

Slevin got his first helper rank like a year ago because well, I started talking to him and he was a pretty low-key guy who was just reporting people, he turned out to be one of the best Mod+ we ever had in this server, same for Spy, I engaged with him in a conversation which gave me insight on his skills, and look at him now. Stockable was an old friend of mine, even before I joined this server for the first time, and I knew his skills and aptitudes, and look at him, one of the best Mod+ we currently have, yet, he didn't receive his rank because he was my friend, he was suggested countless times and voted upon.

We've never promoted someone because they were close friends because hey, it's not a one mans decision. Me, Xenon and Nes have to agree on promotions. If this was a biased game, Kate would have been promoted months ago no questions asked, but we found it more appropriate to go through other paths of decision... making good, unbiased decisions.

I hold close relationships to some people here, which I've known since I learned how to eat properly like ItsOrie, which has been around for like 2 years and he is not a staff member. Like I say, it's not a bias game. There is a voting system.

Don't take this as a mad reply or anything, was just trying to explain a bit what goes on the Admin side :)

But I quite don't understand what you mean by group, I believe you mean the friend cycle that goes along the staff team which in the end is not bad. They work together and find joy in it and spend time together. As more people get promoted that group tends to increase.

If you'd like any more points answered let me know :)

Aiden, SellZy, questionmark and 19 others like this.
  15. Joseph10003

Joseph10003 hi. Donator

Minecraft:
    RetroJoey
    Thank you for clarifying this William. I understand that some stuff I said was not completely accurate and my opinion has now changed. Again, just like you said, my thread was not meant to be a rant made out of anger. It was just a thread I made to discuss some things about the server that I had issues with. Anyone who thinks that I was angry while making this and wanted to start drama is wrong. Thank you for taking time to explain this to me, I appreciate it.

16. kathrine

kathrine •|i|• Ø i+! ].[ Donator

Minecraft:
    Goners
    Thank you for clearing this up for me, as I was quite confused. I am sorry if you or anyone took anything seriously from what I said. I just had to release my emotions and thoughts. Thank you so much! I am finally understanding better and more clear. Some of my points and or thoughts where off, and I really appreciate taking time for you to explain not only for me but for others.

Safoya and ItsWilly like this.
  17. Kimme

Kimme

Minecraft:
    kimgle (kimme)
    Hi, once again this is a Minecraft server (((::
    mmkay so personally i feel like a lot of the staff is getting only 'slightly' offended and defensive but to an extent, a lot of what joseph said is true. i've been here much longer than most of the current active members so i know how its been & changed even if like 3 people remember me with my on & off activity but i've noticed some people work their ass off and never end up getting a staff rank even if they "qualify" and would make an amazing staff member while the complete opposite for some others. i'm saying this from a non biased view since i don't really want staff (i'm hella inactive) and neither do i hate 'higher authority'. staff shouldn't act 'higher' than normal players (not saying all of them do) but really its not just the fancy title and some commands. a lot of people on the staff team have an 'attitude' that influences others quite easily yknowww

that made no sense but yeah i'm tired
    go bernie sanders

18. jessie

jessie Donator

Why is it that when we express our opinion, we're apparently "back-firing" you all? Are we not allowed to disagree? I disagree with most of this thread, so I'm gonna break this thread down and repeat what many has said.
    Lots of helpers don't have anything to do with promotions. I can't tell you much, but Helpers and Mods basically have nothing to do with promotions. I think it's highly unfair that you all continue to spend rumors that friends of staff only get promoted. Does anyone here ever consider that people who get promoted now think they are only promoted cause they are friends with someone and aren't actually worth it?
    (1)- As William said, Nes, Xenon and himself are the only ones who promote. Yes, the lower ranks are asked for suggestions, but we literally have no say, so that comment should stop. Yeah, we should all be equal and I hope we can all think of ourselves as equal. "So why should you pick a new staff member based on whether or not you are friends with them or if you like their personality." I'm sorry, but if were bias, then what is preventing you from suggesting your friends? I doubt anyone here will want to promote "minecraftlover826." What if staff like them? Should they not be promoted because the thought of them being friends with a staff member is to much? I'll repeat this again, but if I was one of the newer staff and this "you only get promoted if you're friends with a staff member" was something I had to read a lot, I would be so offended. Am I actually worth it? Am I only promoted because I'm just a friend? How dare you all say that we should be "equal" when you say this and probably put others down.

(2)- If you think it's really sad how some of us take it seriously, let me explain this amazing concept. Staff get reported. We all know this. Imagine how many times we get reported for being ourselves. I hear the gasps from here, but yes. If we aren't serious, we get reported for "acting inappropriate" or "not being respectful/ serious like a staff member should." You'd truly be surprised.

(3)- We literally have bold names on the server, staff ranks on the forums/ ts and red names in /msg on the server. We are very noticed people. People look up to us as role models. I'm really hating this "change" thing. If you get a job, do you act like you would with your friends or act more serious? It's the same thing.

(1)- No no... we are disagreeing with you because we do have different opinions and just think you're wrong. The things you all wrote and now that you've changed your opinions at the same time the Co-Owner replied to some of you, says a lot about you and how it affects your choices. You all have no problem assuming that friends of staff only get promoted and that you assumed that we were bias. You're right. They aren't even correct and provide false information.

(2)- Okay, I'll end this now. You don't know what happens behind staff unless you're staff. A lot happens. You don't know how we act or just us in general. We're just doing our jobs. We give our opinions, so don't judge the staff on their online persona, as it is not accurate.

Thank you for reading and hopefully I didn't offend anyone, as I didn't intend to. It's just my opinion in general. Not just to the people I replied to.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
  19. animelover999

animelover999 Donator

Why do you think the staff choose these people. They must have a reason or thought first before they pick the person to become as staff. Just like my friends Xandalf and Matrix. Matrix and Xandlaf were not staff. When we were in a group on Teamspeak, Mappy was a helper and it was Matrix, Xandlaf and I that weren't. Later after we played for a while and became good friends, I saw Xandlaf and Matrix helping Mappy. They soon became helpers on the server assisting people if needed. As of I, I did not get promoted because I don't deserve it even if I try my best to help the server 100% it won't make a difference.

Also to mention that Willy said "is that a bad thing?
    In my opinion, it's not. I understand why the staff team chose these people. Yet some people out there are having a debate about it. Now that we know there is a voting system and only Mod+ and above can choose too vote is because Mod+ have earned their trustworthy. Their decisions need to be precise if that person they are going to promote is appropriate or not. They have a big decision to make, unlike the community to choose who should be staff would cause to much fuss and could try to promote someone who we may or may not trust. Just leave it to the J&H staff community to sort promotions out.

In conclusion, like Willy stated, they don't choose staff just because they are friends. More like they assist people and resolve problems on the server. This is an example of what MrDeathWilliam is trying to say. In the end I am friends with them yet I don't get promoted, same here with many people on this server that want to become staff.

kathrine, Devin610 and ItsWilly like this.
  20. YFIOTR

YFIOTR Donator

Minecraft:
    YFIOTR
    Nah man. Mod+s have no vote in promotions unless things have gotten wacky. Possibly the occasional "what do you think about this guy" from Willy but no official vote.

Tbh this thread is redundant now. It's becoming a face off and the defense is always going to win no matter what is put up. Staff have behind the scenes things and therefore, they have their own "elastic clause." Any out of place things fall under that. No point in discussing friendship/group issues publicly anymore imo

animelover999, MC_Scout and kathrine like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.