Just Some Thoughts

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Joseph10003, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antibullyranger

antibullyranger ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Donator

The 13+ rule was made in a suggestion thread by @MappyTurtle.

Haruld and CaptainJackValdy like this.
  2. CaptainJackValdy

CaptainJackValdy I got a plan to save the server, just have faith

Minecraft:
    CaptainJackValdy
    Guys, call me an idiot.

But why do people leave because of the 1.9 update? Does it like remove multiplayer? Why is it so bad?

mochi and antibullyranger like this.
  3. ShaunPoppy830

ShaunPoppy830 Used To Be Poppy830 Donator

Minecraft:
    ShaunPoppy830
    There's pvp cool down I think, so they can't click spam

CaptainJackValdy likes this.
  4. OfficerDeadly

OfficerDeadly Donator

Minecraft:
    OfficerDeadly
    I wasnt talking about that tho :p
    I was talking abour how some of the most liked and agreed sugestions get forgotten and lost because they dont get a response about them getting accepted or denied
    If you open a Forum topic under the name of Suggestions you should take a look at it more often see what players want to see in the server

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
    Joseph10003 and CaptainJackValdy like this.
  5. Tsolay

Tsolay Artist Donator

Minecraft:
    Nanometer
    This server has been my favorite. As of late, this being a span of many months, I have lost interest in actually playing on the server. Suggestions, as others have said, can innovate the server. We can't be afraid of change. Having a game removed for something new could be beneficial. It's the risks that either payoff or fail. Horde mode, my own suggestion, would be an amazing addition to the server, rather than a Survival Games update that made it better but not good enough, imo. We need innovation and people who have crazy ideas. Change is part of life. The switch to 1.8 made people upset but eventually they coped. Oitc died, Factions is currently dying, KitPvP still has major issues regarding simple mechanics, etc. There are issues that need to be addressed. As for staff, a simple solution could be to make a thread that's titled "New Promotions." Keeping the playerbase up to date is importan,t and a weekly thread saying this is what's happening currently even if it's just "Not much happening this week," still shows effort to keep us informed. There are many things that could be done to help. As long as the staff do their job it doesn't matter who gets promoted. All the bias crap is irrelevant. People become offended too easily nowadays. There's so much to say but it'd be a 5 page paper. This paragraph is not organized at all lol. Whatever.

Tl;dr: read it.

6. Warden

Warden Donator

You've actually made a good point. Speaking of which, whatever happened to the news threads we ever got every so often? I know they were made by Dao back when he was alive May his soul rest in pepperoni. I like those threads because they kept us updated. Right now, it feels like we're not getting updated with things we should be. Sure mini-game updates happen, but I mean in the community. Because not everything has to revolve around the server updating their mini-games

magicxx130, retirednow, Odi and 2 others like this.
  7. mochi

mochi t̶̀h̶e̵ ̷̧͝c̵̨á̢t͘ Donator

I agree with basically all of this.

Warden likes this.
  8. MC_Scout

MC_Scout Fearless Leader Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    MC_Scout
    [spoiler = just a suggestion to the OP]
    You make some good points, however the big blocks of text make it harder to read. One of the things I learned in journalism class is that breaking up those big para graphs make it eaiser to read. Just a thought [/spoiler]
    Here is a test to determin that:
    Has the server darasticly changed in some sort of way. And by darasticly I mean like new completly diffrent game modes, not just a new lobby or up date.
    OR has the community darasticly changed, or has become more toxic.
    If you answered yes to these questions then its probalby something to do with the server, a change that you might not like.
    But most likely its got to do with the fact that you have got older. Its okay to grow out of minecraft. I know some staff members in the past have said the only reason that stay here is because of the firends that have, and not because of minecraft.
    Me and YFIOTR had this conversation before.
    This server wont last forever, it had it start, and will have its end. When I dont know, so just enjoy it while it lasts.
    Ive always been on the fence with this. for one, this:
    I agree with. There are a few groups that act like there the hot shit, and the attitude on the forums show it.
    However @Cingle makes a good point:
    Its there channel. When Im in charge of a channel there are people I always say no to, because they have caused problems before. I also become awkward when there are people I dont know around. So im not crazy with people I dont know well.
    However I always tell people no, I dont ignore them, always tell someone no.
    I would like to know how you came to the conclusion, that players are equal to staff in the respect of promotions.
    Thats not how this works. Honestly the only people that should decide is the higher staff.
    However Helpers and Mods are more qualified because they are in that position, and know what it is like to be a staff member. Anything we say is pretty much speculation, and the smart ones draw conclusions from patterns of promotions.
    However some people have claimed bias and here is my opinion on that.
    First its important to understand that Bias is not an issue of competency, Im fairly sure that any one that is, biasly, picked will do there job fine.
    Second off its important to understand that if a situation is TRULEY bias, whos fault it is. Dont hate on the person being promoted, they wanted staff just like you do, and you cant fault them for that.
    And honestly I have no problem with you being friends/dating staff members if your a player. As long as the promotion seems logical.
    For example I have heard crys of bias about Kate's promotion being bias. However I disagree with that here is why.

For one kate has been around the community for a long time, and has a very good attitude, now that she cleaned it up.
    Second off Xennon and Kate have dated for a long time, and only now was she promoted. If it was truly a bias issue, then she would of gotten promoted a long time ago.
    Thirdly I think Kate would of gotten promoted regardless with out dating Xenon.

You see Kate had bid her time like the rest of us, she had to wait a while to get promoted, and then got it. And thats fine with me, I think her promotion was the best call out of this group.

My problem with bias occurs when someone seemed to not have to wait long, be friends with staff, and get prmoted. Now no were in that did I say that such person will be a bad helper, s/he could be a fantastic helper. However I feel like s/he needs to wait, let someone else that has been here longer and demonstrates potential get the job. Then, her/his time will come, just likes Kates.
    Trust me that wont work, Ive learned that the hard way.

retirednow, katlynn, Aiden and 3 others like this.
  9. ItsHarry

ItsHarry Owner Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsHarry
    About staff promotions "not being fair", and that "the community should have a say in who gets promoted":

First of all, people seem to be taking the assumption that Helpers and Mods have a say in who gets promoted. That is incorrect, they don't. Only the Admins, which there are two of, have a say in who gets promoted or not. The ultimate decision is made by a (Co)owner. Sure, we may ask our helpers and mods for opinions about a potential candidate, but that is far from "executive power" as OP put it.

Second, people are saying that it is unfair that the entire staff team is controlled by only a handful of people. But isn't that the case for every Minecraft server in the universe? I don't know of any server where the community gets to decide who gets promoted or not.
    Same goes for the real world. Does the entire population of a city get a say in which police officer is hired? What about a company like Apple? Does every customer get a vote every time Apple wants to hire a new employee?

Furthermore, there are plenty of examples in our current staff team that prove that not only "friends of staff members" get hired. It is simply not true. If you suspect corruption within our staff team, then feel free to PM me, and I'll take a look at your claim.

As for the other issues mentioned, I agree that there are too many hackers, I agree that we should focus on accepting more suggestions, and I agree that there are flaws in our staff system. We will try to improve these things.

10. Warden

Warden Donator

[​IMG]

11. Bilbo

Bilbo Donator

Minecraft:
    CORNUH
    your going in the same loophole buddy.

Like 10 people in this thread just stated how the owners don't accept any suggestions and the topic is useless. Have you seen any growth in this server? I know I didn't. Why? There are good suggestions that aren't accepted and that could help the server significantly.

All my words that I have said are in our Conversation.

What about all the staff members defending eachother like an army? I've reported abuse once or twice, and all I see is a bunch of randy staffs budging in.

Thank you for making the effort to improve things. I hope you do.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2016
    360Redstone, eaglebread_, Odi and 7 others like this.
  12. MC_Scout

MC_Scout Fearless Leader Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    MC_Scout
    So if I went on a skype call and talked shit about your friends, would you jump in and defend them?
    Exactly, staff like to stick up for eachother, and thats fine. Ive been a part of a team were they hang you out to dry, and it sucks.
    I will also say that in two of the three staff abuse reports I made, the staff seemed to side with me, and one to the point were I told them to back off.
    The other one was me being stupid, so I dont fault them for that.
    Case in point: If you have a valid complaint, and are RESPECTFUL. staff will gladly look at your side. However if you come into a report accusing people, and just being rude, then you should expect for them to defend them sleves.
    Staff are alot like the cops, not matter how bad they are, the nicer you are to them the easier it will be for you.

That said I want to play devils advocate here.
    I think you have to understand why people would come to this conclusion.
    I see this argument both ways, in some respects it can look like its blatant bias, if you want an example I can PM you. We have seen in the past were people get butt hurt if the promotion is not them. Caity and Devin are two examples of that.
    However.

That is also ture. And I think most people dont realize that. Its ultimately your server, not ours.

Odi likes this.
  13. NickerPan

NickerPan Donator

I don't see how defending a fellow staff member is wrong in any way. After all, we all work together to keep the server appropriate and enjoyable for you guys. I'm not trying to offend or provoke anyone but by only complaining and actually trying to talk to staff in a civilized manner is not considered helping. I am not talking about you in person but there are people who harass staff members because they denied their application. Also, in my opinion, helping out a colleague/friend actually brings you closer which helps the staff team a lot.

About the suggestions section, have you seen most suggestions? At least 80% of them are duplicates or stuff that simply can't implemented, 15% of things that get suggested are useless and will not benefit the server in any way and might as well harm it and the last 5% of the suggestions are actually good, with sufficient reasons which are already being talked about from staff.

I respect all your opinions and arguement in this thread and actually agree with most of them but you have to understand that not the entire community is trying to be helpful like you are. There are people who are here either to cause trouble or have fun by ways that annoy players (ex. hacking).

14. ChargedMerc

ChargedMerc no Donator

Minecraft:
    ChargedMerc
    This reminded me how almost all of my friends stopped being fun due to getting staff.

Phoenix, mochi and Safoya like this.
  15. Haruld

Haruld Prodigal Son Donator

Minecraft:
    Haruld
    In Texas you do vote for a constable(police officer) in every precinct every 4 years. :p

maymay, 360Redstone and SirNugget like this.
  16. Smg

Smg Retired | Also known as 'Phaithful' Donator

Minecraft:
    Phaithful_
    When people get staff, it puts a huge debt on their shoulder to the server. They chose to apply and got in. It is kind of like a job, so they probably have to mature about it. When saying "fun", I'm guessing you mean they 'Matured'. I can get what you say, but when people get staff, they may not have as much time for "fun" as they used to have.

17. ChargedMerc

ChargedMerc no Donator

Minecraft:
    ChargedMerc
    What I mean is this:

Before:
    Let's say this guy (randomguywaffle) is a player that is really funny and always makes my day. I laugh to all the jokes he makes and he's pretty fun.

After:
    randomguywaffle is promoted and we can't be friends anymore. He turns serious and everytime I say something that, in the past, he laughed at, he doesn't say anything.

That's what I mean.

18. Smg

Minecraft:
    Phaithful_
    I get your points..

But still, most of the time when someone gets a staff position, they become more mature ya'know. Maybe the person just matured too much to find it funny and/or they just don't have time for it with their duties.

ChargedMerc likes this.
  19. Odi

Odi

Minecraft:
    //odipossible \\
    But I believe they're truly not looking deep enough
    How you act on the forums is pretty different to how you act on the server
    Sometimes it's not always just about the forums, but about the server too

20. Smg

Minecraft:
    Phaithful_