Just Some Thoughts

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Joseph10003, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joseph10003

Joseph10003 hi. Donator

Minecraft:
    RetroJoey
    Okay, so I have noticed some things with the server lately. You don't have to agree with me, but there have been less people on lately and to me, it seems like the server is going down hill yet again. Less people, more people leaving the forums and more inactivity altogether. It has been running through my mind lately, but I have thought to myself, "why have I spent so long on such a weirdly addicting website?" The forums and server have been a big part of my life for the past couple of years now, but I can honestly say that the forums and server seem to be lacking in many aspects. Yes, I know that I will get hate for making this thread just like I got hate for the last thread I made, but honestly I am tired of what seems to be an endless cycle of "I love the server/forums!" and "why do I still get on the forums/server?" As weird as it sounds, I like the forums and server to an extent. I love the people that I have met and have talked to, but I don't like certain things like the games or the interactions that arise from it. Do I think that J&H is still fun? To be brutally honest, I don't think the server is fun like it used to be. Maybe it is just because I am getting older and don't seem to be enjoying Minecraft as much as I used to or maybe it is just the server. I personally think it is just the server though. I mean, I know that Jerry and Harry are busy, but I feel like there is so much more they could do for the server and the players. They could come on more and interact with people more or they could do official events, but they don't. It's like as long as people are still buying ranks and perks, they don't care. I really want the server and forums to be like they used to be, but I don't think it's going to change. Many people are already leaving soon due to the 1.9 update and eventually J&H and this whole entire community will be lost and we will potentially lose contact with each other.

The other thing that I would like to address is some of the little "groups" that I have noticed. I know everyone has a group that they normally talk to and share interests with and I will admit that I do have a group that I like to talk to as well, but my main problem is just some people excluding others. I myself don't really exclude people. I normally let people join my channel and I love talking to almost everyone on TeamSpeak. My problem is this though, I have felt like there are certain groups that position themselves on a higher level than others. Now, I am not stupid, I know this is just Minecraft, but to me, this sometimes seems unfair even if it is just a video game. There have been times on TeamSpeak where I have felt excluded and when I have asked to join certain channels, I was turned down or ignored. Do people forget that ignoring people is rude or what? Like I'm okay if you don't like me, but you should just tell me or just people in general that. It is really annoying to be rejected by someone and not know why they don't like you.

Another thing that has been going through my mind is staff promotions lately. I have liked most promotions, but I feel like the way that people are promoted is still to this day not fair for everyone. Like in my last thread, I said that people as a whole should be able to voice who they want staff to be. It is not fair to only put that decision in the hands of staff members who are honestly not better than anyone on here. We are all supposed to be equal on here, so why should we let one "Helper" tag or one "Mod" tag change how better qualified someone is. I mean, I hate to say it, but there are some staff on here younger than me. Yes, age doesn't matter and I know that, but why should someones rank on a Minecraft server make them "cooler" or better at making executive decisions that ultimaltly impact people's experience on the server as a whole. Why not for once let everyone on the forums vote who they want staff to be. I have talked to many people in the past who I personally think would make great staff members and I have asked them why they weren't staff. Usually the response is "they need to change their attitude" or "their just not fit for the position." Wait wait wait... hold up. You are not fit for a position on a MINECRAFT SERVER??? Like, this has never made any sense to me. You only know as much as people tell you about themselves online, so why should you pick a new staff member based on whether or not you are friends with them or if you like their personality. Some people could be blatantly lying to everyone on here and no one would know it. I could report tons of people and put on a fake attitude to act better qualified for a position on here. I could choose not to make a thread like this one and prevent me from getting a lot of hate, but I don't. I was really scared when I first joined if people would like me or not. I was scared that I would be left out and I was scared that I would be someone people despised. I didn't talk to many people when I first joined and no one really talked to me. I feel like now, I am more free to speak my mind even if it risks my reputation. I'm tired of talking to people that are honestly great and amazing people who are upset because they think something is wrong with them. They think just because they didn't get a simple rank that there is something they should fix about themselves. Plus, ever since I got myself a job, I learned that you can't just fake a personality. You also can't make people like you either. No matter how hard people try, there is always going to be one person that doesn't like you. You can't be perfect and you definently can't have a fake personality and attitude. At the end of the day, I would rather stay true to myself than to have to change my attitude and personality for a position. I would want to earn that position based off of my true attitude. I wish people would understand this because it is really sad how some take becoming staff so seriously. There is nothing wrong with you if you don't get Helper. The decision is honestly based off of whether or not a few "special staff members" think you are qualified or not. These people on here don't know you personally and you shouldn't have to change who you are as a person to look better in front of others. Helper to me would be nice to have, but it wouldn't be something that I would die to have or force myself to change in order to get. I don't understand why staff are seen as like these gods walking on the planet. This goes for all servers essentially. If you put what the rank is into perspective, it is a rank where you "help the server" and not one that should change you or cause you to feel on a higher level than others. Trust me, I have seen it happen on TeamSpeak multiple times where staff have been in there special group channels and have literally rejected most who weren't staff and told them they couldn't join or just ignored the person entirely, which is normally the case with me.

Hopefully after this thread, things could potentially change for the better and people can open their eyes when it comes to how some people feel about the server and forums, because trust me, I am not the only one who feels this way about this community.

Also, to some staff members who don't use their rank to look better and are still fair with others, thank you for being nice and respectful. Also, I would like to say that I do like most of the recent promotions lately and I didn't make this thread solely based off of my opinion on the new promotions, I just wanted to make a thread to express my opinions on what some staff have done and what some people have done that I have felt were rude and immature choices. Plus, I made this thread to express my opinions on the server and forums and why I think they are both personally going down hill. Again, you don't have to agree with me and we are all entitled to our opinions.

Thank you for reading.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
    knife, Misjudgmentz, devvnec and 44 others like this.
  2. Katy_

Katy_ Donator

You've made a lot of good points...

Kimme, 360Redstone, kathrine and 6 others like this.
  3. _Magical

_Magical Pokémon trainer

4. Joseph10003

Joseph10003 hi. Donator

Minecraft:
    RetroJoey
    I love you and this post.

5. _Magical

_Magical Pokémon trainer

You are my Lorde <3

6. Lethalities

Lethalities Donator

Minecraft:
    Lethalities
    You're quite correct, the server is reducing playful players and responsible people that supports the community.
    The one I do not understand is the server is accepted staff I do not know. I know that few messages isn't a point but I really don't know where they came from or how long they played this server. We can also say this generation is quite rude, there's like gangs in Minecraft excluding people like they don't want losers to join in. This community shows inspiration to each other and have lots of funny, good & interesting conversation. We are like a human race reducing due to stupidity and trying to get along with famous Internet trends. We can say that people are leaving due to hackers too. Why would someone just rage QUIT to hackers? We also see that we have lil age kids playing this server. They are increasing or decreasing because of us people, human beings, at this point. We need to solve this problem because the community is dying slowly like a turtle. I hope that players would stop hacking these days.

7. _Magical

_Magical Pokémon trainer

What I am about to say is not to offend anyone or anything. This is purely theory and opinion based.
    Being mainly just an active forum member, it doesn't mean I haven't been able to notice a few quirky and confusing occurrences.
    Also, before I say anything, I always make sure I have convincing facts or evidence.
    You may think "you're just a member, you have no right to say how things should operate."
    Going through what every gamer/online user could go through such as depression, heartbreak, popularity, isolation, breakdown, etc, that has been caused by being in this community, I do think I have the experience to make a comment.
    Many things that happen here are shoved away in secret. This happens in all high classes of various groups.
    Although I have quite disturbing evidence of staff and others acting wrong, I wish to not publicly humiliate.
    But, I'd like to briefly describe a time that has bothered me ever since.
    I was being severely harassed by a few server members. They were talking badly behind my back. Talking about others is natural in contemporary times, but what happened next was unforgettable.
    I approached staff about the situation and I did hear a few with their actual legit voices on TeamSpeak assure me that these people were going to be warned.
    Soon after, some of the involved people were promoted.
    Now, many things are to be considered.
    Bias
    Lies

to name a few.
    Either, the staff didn't warn the people or they did and someone has removed it in a bias attempt or these people were promoted nonetheless.
    But, wait, from what I remember, a staff member (not going to shame) was part of a hate group once and was half-demoted.
    ????? i know.

So, tl;dr, am I the only one that has richly found some promotions or actions bias? In the past year specifically?
    i think not from most answers I've received so far

knife, safoya299, Miner and 21 others like this.
  8. OfficerDeadly

OfficerDeadly Donator

Minecraft:
    OfficerDeadly
    About TS and stuff being excluded
    I literally poke a person asking them if i can join.No respond,i guess that they dont want me in their channel.Fair enough.Then after ignoring me they call me a "friend" and expect me let them in to my channel ....
    Like wtf

My thoughts about staff being better than us
    When staff needs to be helping the server they actually sometimes lower our self esteem by just ignoring us.Im not saying this towards all staff, some of the staff team is perfect,they respond to me in seconds if i need help and sometimes maybe they are afk and i get a late respond which is perfectly fine if the staff is busy, they are human beings too then can be busy...
    But i just wanted to try something out:
    Logged on from a friends account found spammers, hackers and people that are fighting and insulting each other.In one of these situations poked a staff on TS while i was with that staff member in lobby.(Not giving out names)I waited for a response on TS for an hour and entire hour.
    You are going to answer me by calling me hypocrite since i said that staff could be busy but this staff member was flying in spawn that entire hour chatting with staff and player but he/she entirely ignored me the whole time after that hour while i still didnt get a response he/she said bye and left both from TS and the server,this happened multiple times how some staff used their reputation to talk to people that are known
    some didnt care about normal,unranked,unknown players they just cared about their fame.
    And this helper is not currently in the staff team ...

9. Kaylyn

Kaylyn resigned Donator

Minecraft:
    kkaylyn
    most of these points are really accurate omg

10. _Magical

_Magical Pokémon trainer

Me half the time with people here lol

[​IMG]

11. KokichiOma

KokichiOma Ultimate Supreme Leader Donator

Minecraft:
    Unprepossessing (MappyTurtle)
    Although I do agree players should be able to contribute towards promotions, it was done for a few purposes.
    And I will mention this - No Staff aside from the people who make the promotions get to decide who is promoted.
    If that was true, you would see a lot more promotions.

There also isn't anything that says players aren't biased.

If a Staff member isn't performing as they should, feel free to talk to an admin or such - even if it is a little problem it can be smoothed out, which, in my opinion, should be done more often.

As for exclusions, albeit nothing can really be done, something I've been taught from my mum is that you should never ignore someone if they are trying to talk to you. Even if you say "no/no thanks" you have still at least acknowledged them.
    If people ignore you, maybe that is a sign you should think about something. Don't swoop to their level but if they are purposely ignoring, perhaps opt to do less with them?

>As for the rank changing you
    I do believe not only the Helper rank but the Moderator rank has changed myself.
    But.
    I do not believe to be a bad change (if you disagree please inbox me).
    It's mostly just a maturity change which is in progress so if it's unnoticeable it's because it is happening slowly.
    > However, I cannot talk for everyone. Intended or not, some Staff have changed. It's unfortunate, but nothing can really be done unless it's a totally severe change.

Feel free to argue my points but keep it civil.

Emma likes this.
  12. OfficerDeadly

OfficerDeadly Donator

Minecraft:
    OfficerDeadly
    Ok i totally agree to what you said except the part where we should report little mistakes to admins or owners but this is just my opiniom and im probably going to get a lot hate just because of this comment but i honestly think that staff is protecting each other like when i get in a discussion with a single staff member like a thousand of them joins and get me to end the discussion.
    Even if i ask a single simple question staff talks to each other to get the story straight..
    Like what would you do if someone inboxed you?
    Im pretty sure you wouldnt look at the index for 10 straight minutes then look at a random thread for another 10 mins

13. KokichiOma

Minecraft:
    That shouldn't be happening @the thousand of them joining

As for the inbox, you reply as soon as possible. If Staff are not doing that/ignore you completely, report that.

14. Bilbo

Bilbo Donator

Minecraft:
    CORNUH
    no growth in the server
    random people get promoted = more false bans and more false warns

I've gotten false warned at least 2 times by these new staffs. Not good. I myself had to get it removed

double post

I had to wait a week for Willy to reply to my Pm. No he wasn't busy obviously he was just ignoring till I got on his nerves.

I really don't think the server would do anything if I reported willywonka

And like deadlyfighter said, I tried reporting a staff once and this randy staff budges in protecting him lol. He didn't even know what was going on. He's demoted now :)

15. OfficerDeadly

OfficerDeadly Donator

Minecraft:
    OfficerDeadly
    I asked if a mod can ban a player without any proof i had to wait an hour and in that hour i had to add Willy Harry and Jerry to the conversation to get their attetion
    Btw while they still didnt respond i went to the lobby saw an experienced old staff member asked him whether mods can ban a player without proof the response i got was "i dont think so"
    Sooo yeaaaa

16. KokichiOma

Minecraft:
    The answer is no, we need proof (screenshots or recordings, no chat log)
    It can be understandable, I wouldn't be able to answer for quite a few hours if I was asleep/out and about. You may not always get instant replies so if you send an inbox expect a 1 day reply at most.

You guys should really start bringing these issues up with higher ups - They shouldn't be happening.

ZakMuir likes this.
  17. OfficerDeadly

OfficerDeadly Donator

Minecraft:
    OfficerDeadly
    Oh so my friend got banned unfairly good to know i guess because according to Jerry a mod can ban a player without proof :)

The problem about the new staff :
    Jerry and Harry are trying to rush the people that applied because they need staff and since they are rushing they arent checking everything

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2016
    Odi, InvalidStar and Joseph10003 like this.
  18. ZakMuir

ZakMuir Veteran Donator

Minecraft:
    ZakMuir
    I don't think thats how it works.

I believe if they see you always being nice and helpful and mature, they check to see if you have a staff application, and if they do they decide if they want to add you to the staff team or not. It'm sure its allot more detailed than what I said

(I'm not defending them here tho, before you start saying shit like that)

19. OfficerDeadly

OfficerDeadly Donator

Minecraft:
    OfficerDeadly
    I had a discussion with Jerry on my profile he admited that they needed more staff.
    (I wouldnt hate anyone in this discussion we are here stating facts and our opinions)
    Apparently it didnt cause everyone stopped msging

InvalidStar, Joseph10003 and Bilbo like this.
  20. Bilbo

Bilbo Donator

Minecraft:
    CORNUH
    If ItsHarry/Willy/Jerry really wanted growth in their server, they need to start looking at people's suggestions.

Suggestions can really change a lot and make the game more fun (or it could make it more boring). They aren't even looking at the Suggestions topic area, and there are so many good ideas. Yet they can't even accept them (or at least give feedback), and this just makes the game boring.

Not to mention, 7-8 PvP mini games is fun, but it got boring after awhile. Mini games don't have to be pvp related.

X__Ninja__X, Katy_, kathrine and 10 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.