IJAH Parkour Map 100% Finished

Discussion in 'Map Submissions' started by Narnia, Nov 5, 2016.

?

Did you like this map?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. No

13 vote(s)
    52.0%
  3. Maybe

7 vote(s)
    28.0%
  1. Narnia

Narnia Lets Watch Memes Together! Donator

Minecraft:
    Banarnia
    Hi~ So, Many of you may know me...I am an okay builder, but I built this with a friend. So, half the credit goes to him.

IGN:
    xDeer
    Minigame: Parkour
    Description of the map: So, this map is called Dessert, because, its a room, with a giant cake in the middle. On top of the giant cake is the letters "IJAH" it stands for ItsJerryAndHarry. The parkour part of it is detailed, it goes with the build itself very nicely. There are some paintings. One is a painting of a cake, the other is a painting of the Youtube sign. The reason for that, is because of ItsJerry and ItsHarry, they are Youtubers. The walls are Lime Green, and Cacti Green clay, and the floor is water with quartz underneath. There is also a giant door on the wall, and the ending is on top of the cake. Hope you enjoy, because the map is a lot of fun.
    Screenshots: <-- Video of the build, and my friend doing the parkour.
    Credits to: Myself, and CC3

Enjoy the map~

EDIT:
    I changed the map just a bit, by making the green and lime to a cake design, and all the jumps kinda looking like candles and stuff. I also took away the stuff on the shelves, and put a mini cake on one shelf, and more candles on the other 2.

BTW, I don't have shaders and I can't download it because my computer doesn't allow me.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
    Cami likes this.
  2. Smg

Smg Retired | Also known as 'Phaithful' Donator

Minecraft:
    Phaithful_
    Video is privated apparently, try switching it to unlisted/public

Narnia and Syrian like this.
  3. Narnia

Minecraft:
    Banarnia
    Thanks, sorry, I will switch it to public

Edit~ I switched it to public, if you want to watch it now

4. Cami

Cami Donator

Minecraft:
    camiwami
    This is a pretty nice map and I can tell you've worked hard on it. I do, however, have a suggestion. Try adding a theme to it. Most maps that are accepted have a central theme, for example; pixel art, hell quest, etc. Otherwise, it seems a bit plain.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
    Narnia likes this.
  5. gippy

gippy DO IT Donator

I don't get it, but what I do understand is the cake part. It needs a theme like @royalcoa3 said.

Narnia likes this.
  6. TheFlamingDragon

TheFlamingDragon Resigned, Former M.o.d Donator

Minecraft:
    TheFlamingDragon
    I think the walls are too plain, it's only two different colors. Also if you can, take some screenshots with some shaders (and the Chroma Hills texture pack if you want). Shaders will make it look even more beautiful. Good luck.

EDIT: Could you edit the poll for an option in the middle between Yes and No?

Narnia likes this.
  7. AreThreeSeaTea

AreThreeSeaTea Donator

Minecraft:
    R3CT, Jacky19
    I do have to say, unfortunately, I believe this map is not 'Unique' and detailed enough to be actually accepted. These are due to reasons already stated such as the map walls being too plain as well as the theme not entirely being the theme you recalled to be 'Desert' (Allso, there is already a desert theme; 'Temple').

Accepted maps are, as I have stated, more detailed and not just along the wall. Perhaps in the future you could research some of the accepted maps to help you with better ideas.

Good luck in the future!

StonN likes this.
  8. Narnia

Minecraft:
    Banarnia
    Lol, the word "Desert" Means a sandy/dry biome with cacti everywhere, the word I used "Dessert" means yummy food.

AreThreeSeaTea likes this.
  9. AreThreeSeaTea

AreThreeSeaTea Donator

Minecraft:
    R3CT, Jacky19
    Lol sorry about that, I mis-read it

10. Meme

Meme Ex Mοd >:) Donator

Minecraft:
    Amphibology
    Hey, thats pretty good, could you do another video in better fps and f1 cinematic map mode, would love to see that

11. Rollz

Rollz rollz Donator

It's plain and sorta boring by the looks of it, try adding more detail and more "Off the wall" jumps to make it more fun. (By that I mean don't just make jumps along the wall and try just jumps on air)

12. KreoN

KreoN Manager of Something| 9 Year Vet Donator

Minecraft:
    _KreoN_
    I would suggest showing a video that shows the player not failing in it as well as a POV camera. Also for the build part, pretty nice; the detail isn't to to bad, however, it is very bland and should be worked on. Try adding some more fun blocks here and there, make it less repetitive.

Best of luck,
    KreoN

StonN and Darkstorm77 like this.
  13. MeatBoy0

MeatBoy0 Donator

Minecraft:
    MeatBoy0
    I'm not to fond of it impo it's a giant box with plain jumps.

I suggest a revamp I'm sorry if this is mean but I think it should be different

AreThreeSeaTea likes this.
  14. dinoceros

dinoceros Donator

its basically pixel but ur inside a watermelon

StonN likes this.
  15. IAMINACTIVEBYE

IAMINACTIVEBYE Donator

Hmm, it seems quite... plain.
    The cake is detailed, but nothing else. Everything doesn't 'match'. I know this is a dessert, but you need to add more.
    Instead of just one cake, why not other sweets? Instead of walls, why not a large landscape, perfect for a view.
    What about giant candy canes sticking out of the ground, bits of chocolate scattered around the ground with cotton candy clouds in the sky. What about trees shaped like lollipops, etc.
    You see, the word dessert is very large. Instead of focusing on one dessert, how about 100s of desserts. Then the theme can really shine.
    So what I suggest is to remove the walls and instead replace it with a view of a candy wonderland.
    Now, I know you are probably not the best builder, but even the smallest details make the biggest impact.

But if you really want the parkour to just be in a room, then just improve the parkour and jumps and just add other small desserts.

Hopefully my ideas can help you bring more detail to your parkour! Good luck :)

16. ChargedMerc

ChargedMerc no Donator

Minecraft:
    ChargedMerc
    Not only is it plain, but it looks like a parkour made in creative.
    Come on man, add detail. The cake is the only detailed thing here. You see the parkour maps on creative? Take the amount of effort put into them and that is why they are accepted. Building a map isn't just making one thing detailed and then making the rest look like it was made in a TDI or something. Also, the IJAH just ruins it.
    I'm sorry but I didn't like this map

17. Stolas

Stolas waffles > pancakes Donator

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    Coming from the CEO of your the build team you participate in I would like to have my input taken into value.
    - it's nearly looks like you threw a lot of things against the wall and said done. Having order is very important when building anything- especially something like this, so when I see buildings that look like this it is due to lack of creativity.
    - the ideas are plain, but you give them flavor. Your idea was sort of plain and unoriginal, however you juiced all of you can out of it and threw it into a map. (That's where note 1 comes in)
    - you have a lot of potential to be better. I feel as if this isn't the best you could do and you could do better if you were to just focus and not rush. If you didn't rush then there was slight evidence that there could have been either better block combinations or better designs.
    - is it a void world? I know you have been to my map before (the one we are finished and is on MS) and it is easier and better for staff- also it adds to the players rage if they have to call longer!

That is all I have to say; thank you for tuning in if you did read this.
    -Expedect