I was having FUN with this one till

Discussion in 'SkyBlock' started by Quazee137, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Quazee137

Quazee137

I was having FUN building. Even got /biome so I could play as I did in Skyblocks1-5.
    My challenge was no spawners. I had slime, pigmen and endermen back then.

Was setting up for the next few months to slowly upgrade to 400 by 400.
    Here at first I had slime then it got changed now the pigmen have been changed too.

Playing 1.8 is a challenge over the 1.16. I was going about making $$$ and building
    up my islands payback. Having FUN with the chunk hopper and working on farms that I
    could auto harvest while still having to replant myself. My main $$ make is cactus works
    as it did using collector.

Why the changes after we started playing?

I was told someone didn't like the slime spawning in swampland chunks.
    Why not just change need chunks for that player and not kill it for everyone?

The pigmen was working as they have " hit one and the come after you"
    but now the just stand there. Why this change?

Well this is my 2 cents.

I just want to play and have FUN as we did back then.

Quazee137

2. ExperienceDady

ExperienceDady Ahsoka Donator

Minecraft:
    ExperienceDady
    They added mushroom biome so they can bring back slime spawning on chunks. ( for those who don't know in mushroom biome mob cant spawn. so slime cant spawn on their island )
    This will be no problem for any player.

dunce likes this.
  3. ItsHarry

ItsHarry Owner Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsHarry
    Slimes spawn in 1 out of 10 chunks under y<40 regardless of biome (except mushroom island) or light level.
    People were complaining that there were too many slimes so I just disabled natural spawns. I can change it back though if that's what people want
    Did not touch pigmen

Ezzerland and ExperienceDady like this.
  4. Quazee137

Quazee137

[QUOTE="ItsHarry " Did not touch pigmen[/QUOTE]
    Sorry about that as it looks like a glitch that happens after the daily reset. My "BAD" for not looking into it more.

Now as for the slimes in old 1.8 I got them by finding slime chunks "the best spawning" and swampland chunks
    with the right light at least I think. Its been awhile and I only got skyblock1 to load up once on a much better
    system. It was very odd looking using 1.12 as I forgot to use 1.8. It was a mix of skyblock and a normal world
    and my island was partly under water.

Just a though if a player has problems with swampland chunks could a helper/mod make them plains or give
    the player a one time biome toggle from swampland to plains?

ItsHarry Sorry for jumping to quickly on thinking is was an admin thing like the slime was.

Quazee137

t3mptr3s, ItsHarry and ExperienceDady like this.
  5. ItsHarry

Minecraft:
    ItsHarry
    That's the thing, they spawn in 1 out of 10 of all chunks regardless of the biome.

The only difference is in Swampland they also spawn between y 50 and 70, but the complaint was about regular chunks not specifically Swampland

ExperienceDady likes this.
  6. Quazee137

Quazee137

So whats different from the old 1.8 and this 1.8? In the old 1.8 skyblocks 1 to 5 slimes only spawned
    in slime chunks and properly lighted swampland chunks? I remember building layers on where slime
    chunks might be in hopes of finding one.

Also in survival I'd make large chambers 6 blocks high looking for slime chunks and found many.
    Using the data I tried to correlate with a web site to find the seed and get a slime chunk map but
    to no avail it was FUN any way.

They must have changed the spawning rules for slime from back then to now.

P.S. may there be a way to set slime spawning to only slime chunks and swampland
    at the right light and level?
    Some kind of spawning rule to configure?

7. ItsHarry

Minecraft:
    ItsHarry
    It's still exactly the same. 1 in 10 chunks is a slime chunk, it's random based on the world seed. Idk why noone complained about too many slimes back then

Could make it so slimes can only spawn naturally in swampland if that's what people want

8. Quazee137

Quazee137

Another way add "slimechunk" to /biome allowing them only at levels below 40 not the whole chunk.

I now think it wasn't a problem back then as most islands where to high to have slimes spawn.
    Now the odd bit is I helped move islands to level 63 for critter spawning and didn't get slimes.
    I'll have a look at skyblock 4 as its on my old laptop. It may give some insight on things.
    Always FUN to find out how/why things work/worked.
    --- Post merged ---
    from https://minecraft.fandom.com/wiki/Slime#Java_Edition

Slimes spawn in the Overworld in specific "slime chunks" below layer 40, regardless of light levels. They can also spawn
    in swamp biomes between layers 50 and 70 in light levels of 7 or less. (Levels 50-70 tend to be near the surface.)

So its the last bit that is why. At level 64 and light level most likely below 7 at the start.
    The inital biomes are not chunk aligned making the use swampland awkward to turn off the slimes for those that don't
    want them. So my question is there any way slime spawning can be turned off for all levels above 40 but ok below it?

Back to having FUN with this Skyblock

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021