Hyde Park Festival and Green Day

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by Warden, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Warden

Warden Donator

So on Saturday I was lucky enough to go down to London with a friend of mine and spend the entire day in Hyde Park at the British Summer Time festival. During my time there I saw a lot of legendary punk bands (and even a gypsy folk band of sorts). I had so much fun throughout the day.

Now the headline acts for the festival were two bands who I enjoy listening too quite a bit in the form of Rancid and Green Day. When it came to those two bands the standing areas were packed, and I had a lot of trouble trying to find somewhere to get good footage so I'm glad my friend is six feet because I wouldn't have any pictures if it weren't thanks to him.

So here's a list of some of the bands I saw throughout the day and my opinion on them.

Stiff little fingers: These guys were the first band on the main stage and I can say they were pretty good, I found myself singing to some songs, but I also found that the crowd were very dead through some of their songs.

SWMRS: This band was amazing, it sucks they were on the smaller stage because they drew in such a big crowd and they were very heavy. I managed to be at the front for this band but I couldn't get any photos because I ended up in a circle pit.. But they were an amazing band nonetheless and their song about Miley Cyrus is cool

The Hives: One of the legendary bands that performed there, they've been tearing up stages for a good few years now and even though a lot of their stuff is more pop, it was cool to see them in the line up. They got the audience involved and the lead singer spent more time in the crowd than on the stage. Epic band, epic music.

The Damned: Another legendary band, they lit up the stage and the crowd. Their performance caused nearly everyone on the festival grounds to stop and watch them. They were so cool to watch and the lead singer looked like elvis had come back but gotten older.

GoGol Bordello: Now I don't know if anyone has heard of this band, but oh my can they get you moving. They played folk music and somehow created a mosh pit. Instead of shredding guitars and slapping basses, they were shredding accordions and attacking violins. Their lead singer poured wine on himself, and they sung a song about wearing purple. The entire performance was insane!

Rancid: This band has been playing for as long as Green day have been, but their sound is very different. Unlike the other bands, they were very gritty and started circle pits even before they had started playing. They definitely had a different style than the other bands and it was cool to see. However it got the crowd wayy to pumped up for Green day as there were cups of beer being thrown into the mosh pits when Rancid finished.

Green Day: Now where do I start. I've been listening to Green day since I was 10 and I've always found salvation in their music. So to see them in person made me feel like a child again. I never stopped singing, even when I was in the mosh pits. They played every song that I wanted them to play and even went over their two and a half hour limit just to play Good riddance and Ordinary world. The background of their set kept changing and at the end they had the Green Day sign covered in the union jack. It was such a cool performance.

I honestly loved my day out to Hyde Park and I hope I get to see Green day again because I loved seeing them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]