How was your 2021?

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by Lucyy, Dec 25, 2021.

Tags:
?

Was your 2021 good or bad?

1. It was good!

8 vote(s)
    47.1%
  2. It wasn't that good

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  3. It was ok

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  1. Lucyy

Lucyy Builder Donator

Minecraft:
    xLucyy
    Ik the year is not entirely over yet but whatever :)

I think my year went quite well,
    I'm year 10 at my school now which is the last year, when this ends next summer I will go to another school and I'm super exited about that. Just seeing new people and new stuff is great.
    I think i improved a lot this year, not just in school, also when it comes to myself. I learned new stuff and learned to handle things better even when it looks hopeless sometimes (especially that exam phase in the last 4 weeks).

Apart from school I quit some things i didn't like anymore, which made my happier than I thought it would, as well as started some new stuff which I enjoy doing.

I also found my closest friend when I joined this server at the beginning of the year, I'm so happy to have someone to talk to and just enjoy things with. Time really flys by when you have good people around you, even if it is just online. Being here brought me a lot of joy and really made my year better :D
    I probably never stayed this long in a community and I'm quite proud that I found such awesome people here.

However not everything goes well all the times, ofc you loose people and find new, but that is just a part of life and despite hardships you should always look forward, that's what I mainly learned this year.

Nevertheless, I hope that next year will be great as well, I hope that my new school will be good and everything will go well!

Wish yall a great next year :wink:

aveliss, sool, Username and 5 others like this.
  2. Cobrz

Cobrz Staff Member Moderator

Minecraft:
    Cobrz
    my year has been good I actually began to like school and my teacher has helped me get a job and actually be more social than I was last year when I didn't really talk to anybody because I don't trust other people and I got a few friends like Flyman, Lucy and Potato not really Flyman that much since he's just a pizza boy but that's mostly what i remember have happened in this year :/ but it was good some of it.

Lucyy likes this.
  3. Lucyy

Lucyy Builder Donator

Minecraft:
    xLucyy
    Flyman our favourite pizza delivery guy <3

Cobrz likes this.
  4. Cobrz

Cobrz Staff Member Moderator

Minecraft:
    Cobrz
    Yh:D

5. Inisity

Inisity Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    Inisity
    I'm glad to see that 2021 went beautiful for you. You had your ups and downs, but overall, I think the most important thing you've taken from this year is that overall: we learn somethin' every day in life, and that's how we grow up. Moreover, you stayed resilient through the obstacles you've faced and overcome them, very cool. :cool:

2021 sure made quite a handful of ups and downs for me as well. However, in a way, it made me realize to be grateful for whatever we have today; that we all cherish because not many people may not have the things that they would wish to have in their lives. Plus, I think it's imperative to continue to do what we can to lend out a helping hand to others in need during this difficult time around the world, whether it'd be through the internet, and or even in real life.

Continue to be you and only you, and since New Years' is around the corner, I believe there's a lot of ways for us to make it work and perhaps reflect upon some New Year's resolutions and go on from there.

Great reflection post!

Lucyy and Cobrz like this.
  6. dinoceros

dinoceros Donator

weird year
    got out of a 1+yr emotionally abusive relationship, lost my grandfather, lots of isolation cause of the pandemic, faced a lot of hardship

but i've also started college and i'm finally studying something i love and i feel accomplished in life. never been this academically fulfilled.
    also thought a lot and i feel like i'm becoming wiser and that i'll be able to be much happier in life in the future, so this year certainly wasn't lost

looking forward to what 2022 has to offer

Username, Lucyy and Cobrz like this.
  7. Smg

Smg Retired | Also known as 'Phaithful' Donator

Minecraft:
    Phaithful_
    My year was pretty good, all things considered. By far the highlight of my year was finally being fed up with how I let myself go in February, a feeling that propelled me onto a weight loss journey that by May had me down 40 pounds, 40 pounds I have not re-gained since. I also stayed working on the weekends, keeping up with that routine, and I survived through two successful semesters of college, finishing with straight-a's in both. I haven't met/gotten close to many new people though, even after going back to in-person classes for this previous fall semester, which is kind of a bummer. But aside from that, everything's been well with myself and my family. I'm happy to hear about all the things that went well for you this year, Lucy, and I wish you to have a bountiful, fulfilling new year :)

8. Averill

Averill .̸̨̪͍͊̃̐͌̎͋͗̃̆̌͂̑͊̓̇͐̐͝͠ Donator

I am pretty happy with how this year turned out. I had a girlfriend for half of it, which helped me learn about my sexuality and the traits I have to work on when it comes to loving anyone, and seeing as I am pretty young, I'm pretty happy with that. I also spent much time with my family and said bye to grandad before he passed away. I started getting into music, architecture, designing clothes, networking, and generally taking better care of myself, like working out and eating healthy, waking up early, etc.

I will exclude the depressing part because it is a melancholic season, and none of us will benefit from a lengthy sad essay about someone else's life.
    I hope to become a better person next year with more productivity, seeing as I was recently diagnosed with ADHD and got the medication for it.
    Furthermore, I wish the same for all of you, especially the ones reading this, as always, take good care and do not forget to have fun!

sool, Lucyy and Cobrz like this.
  9. sool

sool ‎ ‎ Donator

Ehh, an ok year I guess for me. At october last year I had to be transferred to a child protective services afterwards was there for until christmas that year, afterwards I had to go for a drug test (which scared the fuck out of me) and I escaped or fled to Turkey so I didn't have to take a drug test

In Turkey, I felt empty and lost what I was doing with my life but I had finally reunited with my parents after not seeing them in years. But I didn't know who I was. What I wanna do with my life? I was thinking of just ending it there because life is just torture.
    But my mom is extremely supportive and suggested I throw everything that makes me sad away and start focusing on yourself a lot more. Which got me into exercising, I lost about 30kg in turkey just exercising and eating healthy, started to also read a lot about geography, history and politics which has opened my world view a lot and I feel like I'm not under a rock and I know what is happening around me in the world and why the world is the way it is due to history. I was in Turkey for 6 months or so.

After I got back to Finland I felt lost again. I went back to the country where all my problems were. My friend group basically abondened me. Doesn't speak to anymore nor wants anything to do with me. Childhood friends I knew for... My whole life got new friends and forgot who I was. So most of my summer I was alone at my appartment.

Then I applied for media school. Something I had done before but always was denied on my application. So going to the test exams my hopes were not high at all. But then I fucking got accpeted. I moved out from the ghetto or hoods where I was born and raised and took my first step in adult life. I'm still not used to life in a huge city but getting more comfortable with it by time.

But in the first time of my life for a long time I have felt more happier. I got a lot of new friends in my school and around the area who ACTUALLY DON'T LOOK AT ME LIKE SOME CLOUT TOKEN?? They don't care if I am popular or easily manipulable. So most of my days I spend time with them on Discord and irl fucking about and finally smiling looking forward to my future. And as the year passes my second school year is almost starting and hoping this year I can find my true self and throw the past behind.

aveliss, t3mptr3s, Lucyy and 2 others like this.
  10. Averill

Averill .̸̨̪͍͊̃̐͌̎͋͗̃̆̌͂̑͊̓̇͐̐͝͠ Donator

As much as you mess around, you sure as hell know how to tell a story

t3mptr3s, Lucyy and sool like this.