Deceased Benefactor! HAHA!

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Muffin_Mobber, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Muffin_Mobber

Muffin_Mobber Reality Surfer Donator

Minecraft:
    muffin_mobber
    Dead Server! LMAO!

It’s a meme, can’t you tell?

Kids just can’t take it well,

The server just a hollow shell

Former glory-aint that swell

Numbers dropping, aww Hell

Just pissed off that staff cartel

On that angry carousel

No solution citadel

No suggestions or we’ll yell

~~~

But do not stress we in the clear,

Done this shit for 7 years,

No one ever really leaves (;

No matter how it may appear.

This our self-made career,

Let’s not pretend this shit’s severe,

I am not insincere,

we in the clear, we in the clear.

The poem isn't supposed to be taken very seriously. I've been on the forums for a little while now and the somewhat hostile discussions that seem to take place periodically about the well-being of the server aren't unhealthy. It shows people still care, and want the server to thrive. I want it to thrive. It seems to me that the fundamental complaint that everyone has about everyone else is that everyone isn't very thoughtful about what everyone wants.
    People know the rules. As of now, 73/74 of poll participants (http://itsjerryandharry.com/threads/when-did-you-join.119583/) have joined before 2016. People know the rules. So here is a general guide to peoples' priorities based on their status:

Average Joe: The Average Joe's primary goal is to have fun, and his secondary goal is to have fun within the bounds of the server's rules, because that way he may get to have fun longer. (Some Average Joes would rather have the max amount of fun they can have, which could be hacking, which would end their stay on the server very quick, which is understandable)

Admins and Staff: The Admins' primary goal is that order is maintained in the context of the Server Rules. Their secondary goal is to have fun on the server. It is not guaranteed that enforcing the rules to their most conservative interpretation is the best way to maintain order, which is why admins sometimes practice leniency and consider if any harm is really being had when a player "breaks the rules", and in fact many times a player's appeal will be accepted. It may seem hard to believe from the perspective of the Average Joe, but the average Staff is actually not out to unnecessarily flaunt their power or ruin the day of another player.
    -Staff that aren't Admins are a little different, because Helpers and Mods, unlike admins, aren't at the top of the food chain. They are always considering ways that they can gain favor from the admins, who control their promotions, so that they can attain more power on the server, and what is universally considered to be a better status. How this difference manifests is typically through slightly more strict interpretation of the rules and slightly less thought given to the feelings of the Average Joe, which should make sense to everyone, as there is a goal Helpers and Mods have that Admins do not.

Owners: The primary goal of the owners is, hopefully as expected, to make money. The secondary goal of the Owners is to make all the players on their server happy. Of course, the Owners need to make money before anything else may be considered, otherwise there cannot be a server whatsoever. So only after that need is met can the needs of the Average Joe be considered.

Hopefully using this common sense, accusations of greed can be explained away, accusations of staff abuse can be better understood, and reactions of accusations of bad behavior from the staff can make more sense.

In my opinion, if the Owners would like to keep running a positive-cash-flow server, they can for at least a few more years, even if that means the server will need to change. Usually people find a way to make things work when they want, and these owners seem to be pretty experienced.

2. Kobe_Mamba

Kobe_Mamba

i got banned for repeatedly punching a nether wart and it kept saying "Hey you cant break block here!" so i didnt care cuz i wasnta ctually do any harm. and i got banned for a client mod apearently. my username is LemonadePlayz and im pretty upset

3. Ezzerland

Ezzerland Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland
    If this is a serious comment, you should make an appeal here.