Covid kinda has a vaccine uwu

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by Soso, Nov 9, 2020.

1. grotesque

grotesque aw hell no Donator

yea i got that point idgaf tho i will still not trust a vaccine until its proven to not nuke anybodys cells like hiroshima

2. Smg

Smg Retired | Also known as 'Phaithful' Donator

Minecraft:
    Phaithful_
    I'm not an anti-vaxer by any means (I regularly receive my flu shot and others each year) but I want to wait until it's proven without a doubt, or at the very least close to this point, that whatever I'm receiving is most certainly safe and effective.

3. Katerina

Katerina Former Mοd Donator

Unfortunately that might take years of testing rip

The people who mostly need a vaccine are the ones who are the most vurnable. If you look at the statistics young adults are less likely to die from the virus and they only develop mild symptoms. So we might not even need to get vaccinated.

grotesque likes this.
  4. Soso

Soso cringe Donator

Minecraft:
    SosoTheOrange
    The part about deaths at the end may well be false as some research was done to prove that a certain steroid can decrease the chances of covid deaths significantly. This partnered with the original vaccine. In current society about 1% of people died of coronavirus. So translate that to the 10% only 0.1% of people would be the ones to die from this roughly if the vaccine works well. The majority of which would probably have preexisting health conditions.

But if you factor in the steroid, for certain people that can reduce the chance of death by a third. Of course that isn't 100% of people so let's say now the chances of people dying from having the vaccine if it doesn't work are 0.08%

After doing some maths I can say that if everyone got vaccinated. Those likely to die from the virus goes from 1% of the population or 78,000,000 to 6 million. That seems fairly benificial to me

JJWD6 likes this.
  5. JJWD6

JJWD6 Donator

Minecraft:
    JJWD9
    @Soso you might be right, but to clear it up and explain it, I will, The vaccine doesn't always work that's why there's a 90% chance of it working on each and every person that takes it, '(so let's say your friend takes the vaccine he's fine and another friend he takes it he's fine and then another friend takes the vaccine and dies from it)'. What I meant there is still a chance anyone could die, again this vaccine might not even work or it could have some sort of illness which ruins the whole purpose of the vaccine, but the reality is, it wasn't 90% chance to work 'forever' it's a chance you could die or you could live, I recon it'll come down to taking small risks of dying but to survive. Yeah the % is around 1-10 of dying to the vaccine.

6. Soso

Soso cringe Donator

Minecraft:
    SosoTheOrange
    I used that in my maths dw

7. grotesque

grotesque aw hell no Donator

shit will be grim, literally didn't go out for 2 months because everywhere was a fucking hotspot and it'll happen again most likely

Katerina likes this.
  8. Miklo

Miklo Donator

Keyword. KINDA