COVID-19 Vaccine

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by notnospvp, Aug 19, 2020.

?

Will you take the vaccine?

1. Yes, definitely

38 vote(s)
    84.4%
  2. If I am required to (for school, work, etc)

6 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. No

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  1. notnospvp

notnospvp

If there is a COVID-19 vaccine, and it is FREE with ZERO side effects are you willing to take it?
    --- Post merged ---
    Vaccine hesitancy has become increasingly common in the world over the years. I am curious to know what people think about vaccines. Please justify your answer, whichever it is.

Trevor likes this.
  2. Trevor

Trevor Donator

I don't understand why you wouldn't, especially if you're in risk

3. notnospvp

notnospvp

There are SOME legitimate reasons. Those who are immunocompromised don’t respond well to some vaccines. And some people are just allergic to vaccines. Other than those two small groups of people I think everyone should be vaccinated.

4. aveliss

aveliss Staff Member Moderator

Minecraft:
    aveliss
    I mean if it has gone through a trial phase and the results are looking good, why wouldn't you. Obviously, we wouldn't know the long term effects of the vaccine but for the short term, it would bring us back to normality a lot faster than what is currently predicted. Then again all the anti-vaxxers would be up in arms so god knows what it's gonna actually be like when a vaccine does get released. Otherwise, I believe that vaccines are proven to work and are a great asset to society.

5. momand

momand ex-god Donator

As long as it's safe and effective I don't see why not. Literally no reason not to unless you're immunocompromised or allergic

notnospvp and Soap like this.
  6. notnospvp

notnospvp

I am looking for antivaxxers

7. sebastiann

sebastiann Donator

as an immunocompromised person, my doctors would probably recommend or even require i get it if it is anything like the flu vaccine (im required to get that bc of my immune system and medications i take) i have reacted okay to all my vaccines well in the past and have been isolating completely so why wouldn't i get it. i'll do anything to protect myself and nothing could be worse than my chronic illness/pain already, so. and what i mean by isolating is that i haven't left my house except for surgeries, a couple hospitalizations and appts since january.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
    momand likes this.
  8. Apex_SkyShadow

Apex_SkyShadow My Doggo & Pupper = Best Doggo & Pupper Combo Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    EwwwApex - Apex_SkyShadow - MC_Scoot - DeskSlam
    I guess the anti-vaxxers you're looking for are the ones that just barely are capable of putting 'two and two together' in a sense, that a vaccine is injected with either miniscule and dormant/dead amounts of a virus, the antigens most commonly found in said virus, or they pull some fuckin godzilla style shit and pit virus against virus, although they are weakened so it's more like an 80's sleepover pillow fight. Some people are scared of this fact, some decide that it's not right for others to have to "suffer through it" and decide for them, and then there's the average person who takes the vaccine to better the chance of their survival from getting sick. The most effective one, however, is where the weakened live version of the virus goes in. It's like a cpr training dummy vs a real person. There's no harm to be done and nothing can go wrong if your body can't keep up with the training dummy. Not all vaccines work either, iirc the 2019? flu was mistreated and they predicted the wrong strain so sent out the wrong corresponding vaccine for it. I'm assuming side effects mean like with some medecines (nausea, headache, etc) or bring allergic to it, immunocompromised, etc. I think it's a bit too early to assume that the first vaccine will work, there have probably been dozens tested and failed by this point in time. Many people will also be hesitant (especially with this over a standard flu shot, tetanus, etc) because of the fact that it's making news headlines everywhere and people are hyping it up to be dangerous. So depending on which of the three main types of vaccine it is, dormant cells, similar antibodies, or live yet weakened virus for your body to recognize and fight, it really does make all the difference in how many people will want to go about this. Most anti-vaxxers in a sense just read one article about autism from some sketch website and read officially that the virus gets put into your body and freak the fuck out, but don't actually read any further.

notnospvp and aveliss like this.
  9. Saul1337

Saul1337

My last vaccine made me sick, I got the injection and was driven home by my parents but in those five minutes I got super sick.
    I spent three days hallucinating, unable to eat sleep or even pee on my own I saw things no human has seen before.
    Your little drug trip at a concert doesn't compare to my vaccination trip.
    10/10 would vaccinate again

Aiqw, Contemptible, Joeyy and 9 others like this.
  10. Kobynt

Kobynt KitPvP / Factions, Player. Donator

Minecraft:
    JQcking
    omg nos, the big bug that was in ur room
    Caused corona virus, HIDE

11. squiddyXz

squiddyXz cheese enthusiast Donator

Minecraft:
    sussuh
    If you don't take the vaccine, you're not only putting yourself at risk but other people as well. Taking the vaccine is the most reasonable choice.

sebastiann, Trevor and Starixty like this.
  12. Soso

Soso cringe Donator

Minecraft:
    SosoTheOrange
    Yes, because yes

squiddyXz likes this.
  13. ZeusV

ZeusV Former Moderator Donator

Minecraft:
    ZeusV
    Of course I’d take the vaccine as long as I know it has been tested and the results are 100% safe to use.

14. Mocosloco2

Mocosloco2

honestly i love online school so ima say no cuz ion have anything else going on in my life

15. JHfan

JHfan Dude

I'd take anything with zero side effects lol

16. CensoredAnime

CensoredAnime Donator

Minecraft:
    RykkerBillySiere