Community Experiment.

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by ItsWilly, Sep 15, 2014.

?

Should the Creative/Factions/Survival map be reset?

1. Yes. All 3 of them.

44 vote(s)
    23.3%
  2. Only Creative & Factions.

3 vote(s)
    1.6%
  3. Only Creative & Survival

8 vote(s)
    4.2%
  4. Only Factions & Survival

68 vote(s)
    36.0%
  5. Only Creative.

5 vote(s)
    2.6%
  6. Only Factions.

14 vote(s)
    7.4%
  7. Only Survival.

2 vote(s)
    1.1%
  8. Let it stay as it is.

45 vote(s)
    23.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJTAkimbo

MJTAkimbo

I wouldn't do the creative do to all of the amazing builds build in the past . But the factions and survival should be considered for resetting

cookiefonster likes this.
  2. yoloatore

yoloatore Donator

Agree on factions.

Disagree on survival and creative, people build things there to look nice, not usually for competition. The survival world should be expanded a bit so that 1.8 features are available.

NoRhyme and cingle like this.
  3. UnionJackPowerw

UnionJackPowerw Cookies n Cream

Will our money be gone?

4. Spykill3r

Spykill3r

'All progress' so, yes.

5. UnionJackPowerw

6. LilPersian3

LilPersian3 OP FACTIONS PLAYER

Minecraft:
    Azoaki
    HIGHLY DISAGREED Creative and survival are not competitive so why would they get reset? They are for fun only resetting them would mean nothing. But also factions shouldn't be reset, People have wasted A LOT of money on it. Probably more than $500, so resetting it will get A LOT of people mad. Also even the most op people aren't as op as they should be on factions. Right now the server has an amazing economy and should not be ruined!

EDIT: If ItsJerryAndHarry wants more people to join from reset, and less people, i see where they are getting at. But a reset will not help. Most of the major, popular players will leave if it gets reset. Half of the normal players already quit from the rumors, Every day more rumors spread, more people quit.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
    MoreCowbell_, Syborge, Radii and 5 others like this.
  7. UnionJackPowerw

AGGRED

ForeverTruthful2u likes this.
  8. Burrito

Burrito Hot Burrito

Minecraft:
    Qudah
    If Factions reset, please make a dye shop because a lot of people sell dye and it takes forever :/

9. RadeonX

RadeonX 闇はどこにでもあります。 Donator

As I am not playing factions or survival, I can speak from neutral point of view.

Obviously those who donated pre-EULA have op stuff. Yes, it's op no matter how you describe it. Resources are gone and there is a lot of un-used but claimed land.

Survival and factions should be reset. Old players will be able to start fresh, no matter if they donated or not, and it will give chance to new players to catch up.

I don't see the need of creative reset as content in 1.8 wont generate randomly, and there is no need for resources.

10. cookiefonster

cookiefonster Formerly known as WikiRigbyDude

Minecraft:
    (gave account to little sister)
    Sums up all my views

11. Thepoisonpotatoe

Thepoisonpotatoe Black sheep

Minecraft:
    thepoisonpotatoe
    TOTALLY DISAGREE.THE PEOPLE SPENT MONEY ON FACTIONS etc kit full dia 4 BUT NOW ITS GONE AND PEOPLE TOOK FOREVER TO FIND etc blaze spawner.

THE PEOPLE WHO WANTS TO RESET IT ARE PROBABLY JEALOUS OF OP PEOPLE .

UnionJackPowerw likes this.
  12. Dirtbikes95

Dirtbikes95 Got banned, add Skype at OuterRim95 for insight.

Hey, I am going to be completely honest. Please don't judge me on my opinion, but just consider this..

I feel like people want a new Factions server because of the OP people, the people that spend most of their time here, working hard building their bases and acquiring the armor and weapons that they have. Much effort goes into it, you may not believe it, but we don't completely rely on the Protection IV kit. I feel like many people who do not have many good bases, armor, or weapons, are the ones that want a reset, because they feel jealous of the OP people and want them to lose all of their things, they come on here and see these OP people, and I guess get a little jealous when their attempts fail to become an OP person, the people who are not OP, they think they can easily rise to power if all of the OP people along with the rest of the people, are crippled by the reset, when that most likely won't be the case, I feel like they just crave that satisfaction, to be honest, noobs, if you are reading this, you have to work for it. I was able to acquire at least five full sets of Protection IV armor, and at least three Sharpness V swords, along with at least eight God Apples, all using just a Kit Starter, and a Strength II potion,before I even bought the Protection IV kit. You just have to work for it. It may not be easy, but you'll get their eventually :)

I feel like if we were to reset the map, the cycle would repeat, some people would rise to power because they are actually good at the game, noobs would get jealous, and demand yet another reset, thinking they themselves could become an OP person when it resets, so they can have that satisfaction. Please by all means, do not take offense to this, I am just stating what I believe is the cause, and how resetting will not work.

Solution: We can expand the world border by 5,000 or 10,000 blocks, then, we can add four portals, one at each corner of the map, and people can walk inside them from spawn, and be teleported to one corner of the map, so they won't have to walk all the way there, which would take a very long time, and there is no solution for the OP people, people just have to work for it. We could sell Protection IV books at spawn. making the new players make farms to sell things, and gather resources to sell, so they can eventually get some armor to and not be left out :)

Thanks for reading, If you agree with me, give this comment a like ;)

Btw, If this is considered drama, message me and it will be deleted right away.

EDIT: Also what about the people who spent $40 on a Protection IV kit that was "lifetime"
    Not to mention other accessories like /repair and such.
    Should I even mention creeper eggs, I know they can be obtained at the shop now, but the people who bought them before EULA... Man I feel bad for you guys :(

13. Katozaki

Katozaki Nothing.

Minecraft:
    Katozaki
    I bought the /kit fulldiamond3 and /kitfulldiamond4 kit for 70$ :/

Syborge, Completion and Dakota37845 like this.
  14. Completion

Completion veteran c: Quantum?

I can't agree more

15. GlowInTheDark

GlowInTheDark Thought I was an atheist, til I realized I'm a god Donator

Minecraft:
    DeoxysSpeed/DeoxysAttack/GlowInTheDark3
    The OP people only want to keep the factions as it as because they are OP, most of the OP people used a dupe glitch or /trade to get there items, like @XLazzy_ShotzzX and @mr_diamond_freak , and most other OP people do not deserve there items, which is why the only faction who deserve to actually keep the OP items is Yolomons, but obviously they shouldn't as that would be extremely unfair if factions reset, so actually the OP people are selfish, and they only care about THEIR items, not anyone elses, if they were poor and only had 1k, they would want a reset, but the only reason they want to keep it is because they have OP items.

adjustingingredients likes this.
  16. zMusicMan

zMusicMan

I agree with the dirtbikes95. If the reset is being considered due to land issues (which I find hard to swallow from all the land I find wondering around the world), then just expand the border from 10K to 15K. That is a heck of a lot of new land right there and doesn't impact any existing players or factions. If there is some other reason to reset (to fix a problem), then say so.

zee_man likes this.
  17. zee_man

zee_man Just havin' fun! Faction Leader - KoB IGN: zmanmz Donator

Minecraft:
    zmanmz
    Seems like a logical solution for a "land problem". If the map is reset the land outside the warzone will look the same as it does now in a week. :-) But it would be funny to see the mad rush to claim land outside the warzone for traps. Like the CA gold rush!

18. Completion

Completion veteran c: Quantum?

I respectfully disagree. I wouldn't call myself OP but I hv p4 and that stuff but I don't dupe neither does some other people but I don't have p4 kit and I won't regain my stuff so I think people should be able to keep their homes and bases and items.

19. Brettl13

Brettl13

I agree on resetting factions but I don't think you should be taking away are kits for example we have spent lots of money on these kits, if so taking theses kits away u should at least refund and give us store credit for new kits

20. Chippy

Chippy

Factions and Survival.

Too many people on creative have worked on their plots, making it their fullest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.