CNN Has Hit a New Low

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by bIake, Jul 6, 2017.

1. bIake

bIake no Donator

Apparently it's ok to dox fifteen year olds because they make memes about Trump.

If you want information on the story here ya go.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/05/c...ble-cnn-found-reddit-user-who-made-gif-video/

Gotta love how they're openly threatening a 15 year old boy because of a meme, which is pretty low. But the worst part is they were proud. So breaking the law just to scold a kid for your already fabricated news show is ok? I just hope everyone realizes how disgusting this is.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  2. cingle

cingle Donator

Minecraft:
    Cingle
    I’m not saying it isn’t true, but that news site you linked is pretty sketchy.

3. bIake

bIake no Donator

There are most likely better news sources out there but everyone is all over it.
    Changed the source

KaiserVenom likes this.
  4. Reebal

Reebal 7 year vet? 8? still god tho :3 Donator

Minecraft:
    reebal
    Sic man I love dxing 15 year olds cuz of a meme!!!111! Din know u culd do that loll!!1

5. bIake

bIake no Donator

Lel it's ez

6. Radii

Radii Donator

Minecraft:
    Radii
    where did cnn ever say they would dox a "fifteen year old"? cnn's investigative team found the guy on reddit. his personal information was scattered throughout his posts there, and even other reddit users were able to trace his facebook account with solely the information found on his reddit account. if they were able to find him so easily, what makes you assume cnn would dox someone if the information is already in front of their faces?

cnn's "threat" is kind of odd, and i get they're playing it off as an act of transparency, but in my opinion what's important is they withheld this guy's personal information on his behalf (and not just because "he apologized"). whether it's blackmail i don't know or believe, but if it turns out to be true then i'm wrong

cingle and Gooby like this.
  7. Radii

Radii Donator

Minecraft:
    Radii
    no, i agree that a massive network releasing his information to the public is more extreme than just a couple of people doing the same. i'm just saying there should be no reason to assume cnn "doxed" the guy when the information is readily accessible.

just to clarify: the reddit user posted his personal information on a public website. obviously you wouldn't expect a news network to expose your posts to the public eye, but everything you post online can be accessed and used. that said, i do think cnn indirectly released the guy's personal information by disclosing his username, which was unfair. at least he deleted his account before more people could get to it.

also, i get how that statement can be interpreted as blackmail. honestly, it really does seem like it, but as i said before, i don't know for a fact that that is blackmail, so i'm not going to say it is.

ZakMuir, cingle, Gooby and 1 other person like this.
  8. ThereAre2Genders

ThereAre2Genders according to all know laws of aviation Donator

Minecraft:
    ThereAre2Genders
    You did something that offended me slightly

I am going to take all of your information by doxing you and blackmail you, threatening to release it if you don’t do what I say, possibly ruining your life and any chance of being successful, and I’m going to do all of this before you even have a god damn drivers license.

Because you offended me

KaiserVenom, bIake and Senchies like this.
  9. bIake

bIake no Donator

Good idea

10. ANumber2Pencil

ANumber2Pencil Resigned ______________________________________ Donator

Minecraft:
    ANumber2Pencil
    It's like companies are trying to destroy their reputation in 2017

First Pepsi made that add with Kylie Jenner fixing a huge protest by giving a police officer a Pepsi. That turned out to be a shit show

The United Airlines one up'd them by beating and dragging a passenger off a plane for not doing anything wrong. That turned out to be even more of a shit show.

And now CNN blackmailing people for making memes...

TheMint, Braixen, Miner and 2 others like this.
  11. X__Ninja__X

X__Ninja__X yeep Donator

Minecraft:
    X__Ninja__X
    *Kendall

Braixen likes this.
  12. Syrian

Syrian Former Mod x2 Donator

Minecraft:
    Syrian_
    CNN is a very biased site. They are in favor of liberal viewpoints. I personally do not trust any news company other than Fox News, because they have the least of bias compared to the rest of the channels.

I have noticed that CNN ignores several topics that promote Donald Trump, but disclose almost every case that may make him look bad.

bIake and KaiserVenom like this.
  13. Radii

Radii Donator

Minecraft:
    Radii
    cnn leans to the left, but not as much as msnbc does. if anything, cnn is less biased than fox news*. however, you're right that cnn and other left-leaning news networks refrain from positively reporting trump. fox seems to "balance" negativity/positivity (which is good), but this is because fox ignores several controversial topics about trump like immigration or russia.

fox focuses on the positives, likely because it's a right-leaning network, while cnn/msnbc focus on the negatives. so the exact reason you dislike cnn (ignoring facets to trump) is also something fox does (link).

anyway, don't want to start an argument. this situation obviously shows how biased cnn is. you can watch and believe whatever you want, i just wanted to tell you that fox is not as unbiased as you think it is.

if they don't talk about russia purely out of not talking about things that are baseless, that's respectable but it's still refraining from discussing possibly negative aspects to trump, which i argued makes the channel biased too.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
    cingle likes this.
  14. noahnoobfax

noahnoobfax Donator

They didnt report on that much because there was no solid proof, js.

Radii likes this.
  15. BrakeCrake

BrakeCrake Donator

When I heard of this the First time, I was actually disgusted.

The memes to the situation are actually a little funny, nur in general just unbelievable for me that CNN did that.

16. vipa

vipa the hornace of death Donator

Don't trust any of the tv news corporations, except something like PBS, because they do real journalism. It's better to read newspapers or subscription based sites, such as WSJ. Magazines like The Economist are also good sources.