Bring back legacy mini-games?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by simpl1city, May 3, 2020.

1. simpl1city

simpl1city Donator

Minecraft:
    simpl1city
    I used to love playing pyramid ;-;
    Build it was also really fun.

If they're brought back I would play them regularly :D

TheMint, Soap and 00000000000 like this.
  2. 00000000000

00000000000 Donator

Even though many people want old game modes, J&H say that it wouldn't make sense to pay for a server to put the mini-games on. I think Minefighter would be beneficial though, as many people ask if that still exists and say that they liked the game mode.

3. momand

momand ex-god Donator

It definitely doesn't make sense financially to run separate servers, like one for Pyramid and Agar, when nobody really played them to begin with.
    The only feasible option I would see is bringing back some of the more popular session-based minigames, such as Survival Games, BuildIt and MineFighter and running them in the lobby (which would be cool, I miss these games lol)

sool, dinoceros, Kaylyn and 4 others like this.
  4. 00000000000

00000000000 Donator

The lobby already has games in 4 corners. The other corners are used for the portal and the museum. It would make most sense to do it on the sides, but then you'd have to get rid of the caves. While a more money-saving option, putting them in the lobby wouldn't work without changing the build.

5. Mookey

Mookey OITC Veteran Donator

Minecraft:
    Mookey_
    I also miss some of them, but sadly most of those minigames weren't attracting a lot of players anymore.

Even though games like Minefighter & Build battle which are still being asked for, I still don't think is enough to bring them back on the server.
    You have to keep in mind that certain minigames don't keep their popularity as much as other games do, so they will be abandoned after a while.

witchchick128 likes this.
  6. 00000000000

00000000000 Donator

I have an idea. J&H can make a retro games lobby, like Hypixel has an arcade lobby, a classic games lobby, etc. In short, it would be a single hub that has ALL the old games. It'll just be one extra server instead of having separate ones for each game mode. Players will connect to the retro lobby and enter any old game by clicking one of the signs.

7. ZakMuir

ZakMuir Veteran Donator

Minecraft:
    ZakMuir
    I believe survival could be brought back and would be popular and also bring money into the server, as the server is boosting in players right now, and instead of sitting in lobby, they might go and check survival out. A lot of old survival players also left because of this, and at least 20 people have wanted the mini game brought back that I've spoken to, and I believe it could be just as popular as sky block, which is still running. Survival just needed a reset in my opinion to boost interest.

I'm very tempted to make a real suggestion with several in depth points for the return of survival, with some slight changes to prevent mega economies. But we just have to wait and see if the server keeps growing, although this could bring a boost in players from my perspective, or another legacy mini game like build battle or minefighter, like others have suggested. Just depends if the server can afford to run another server, or if it is beneficial to the player base, I'd understand if it isnt brought back, I'm not really expecting it too, just sad to see one of the first mini games disappear. :(

I might just be being bias because I really want survival to come back. Sorry I haven't put much effort into this reply <:

Last edited: May 4, 2020
    sool likes this.
  8. Smg

Smg Retired | Also known as 'Phaithful' Donator

Minecraft:
    Phaithful_
    I'm not that big on bringing these games back solely for nostalgia. Though, Pyramid, I think could work alright if added as an implementation for the current Parkour area. Minefighter was really fun though.

Only way I see a server like survival working is if it's in the recent version of MC. It's possible, but from what I know, it would take some work. The community would probably have to band together in a big way to convince the owners it's worth it. My opinion on the manner? I'm a big fan of survival and would not be opposed to playing it, but the server has to be in a more recent version of MC. 1.8.9 just isn't gonna work.

Eelektr0ss likes this.
  9. Soso

Soso cringe Donator

Minecraft:
    SosoTheOrange
    I did that I think

I think maybe what should happen for the legacy minigames is similar to what people have said before, pyramid would work as a side game for parkour, argpvp could work just like Spleef does now in a similar area, build it could work on a constant basis where people join and go (would need a different chat of course) but with minefighter? I'm stumped on that one. All these additions would take a while to be built in as well as it becoming a nightmare for new people to operate around the lobby.

I don't see this addition to be all that worth it as much as these games are missed, they were dead as a dodo and yes they were loved but it doesn't make financial sense to bring them back and the lobby would look like literal ass with more games on it, somehow heatdude made it sexy with 4 games in it so it'll be interesting to see if they add more games in the future

Last edited: May 4, 2020
  10. Buck

Buck Moderator | Builder Donator

Minecraft:
    oBuck
    I doubt it will happen, though if it were to happen, the games would probably be lobby games, or at least all on the same server.