Best IJAH Era?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by retirednow, Nov 24, 2022.

?

Best Server Era?

1. OG Era (2012-14)

2. Golden Age (2014-16)

3. Drama Era (2016-18)

4. Loyalist Age (2018-20)

5. Current Era (2020-

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. retirednow

retirednow I'll be back sometimes to check in :) Donator

Talked with @momand and came up with these eras of the server history. Vote for your favorite era whether it was the most fun, entertaining, popular, iconic, etc. based between server, forums, YouTube, ts/disc.

Pick two because i couldn't decide on one myself lol

And feel free to chime in on how I divided up the history

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

2. tothemoon

tothemoon Donator

Happy thanksgiving bud

both time spans from 2014-2016 and 2016-2018 were fever dreams and didn't actually ever exist or occur

retirednow likes this.
  3. MC_Scout

MC_Scout Fearless Leader Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    MC_Scout
    Curious what you mean by Loyalist age.

retirednow likes this.
  4. Smg

Smg Retired | Also known as 'Phaithful' Donator

Minecraft:
    Phaithful_
    I sadly don't remember many of the very specific events or occurrences, particularly the details from the older days, starting in 2015. But I do know that the 2016-2018 ERA atleast for me was the pinnacle of my activity and was the stage where many of my most fondest memories and learning points came from

retirednow likes this.
  5. retirednow

It seemed like that's the time period where regular player count on the server started trending to significantly outnumber casuals. Could be casuals leaving, MC popularity decline, more people buying ranks/settling into community (turning into regular). Events, resets, and competitions seemed to have peak engagement in this time period too.

For me personally this was the time beside way earlier that I got most enjoyment out of the community and it just seemed like I knew everybody around me. Compared to the start or even currently most people online seem more like strangers. It could also be argued the community's social dynamics didn't universally embrace me until this time and that felt nice, hence my subjective vote haha

Loyalist to mean most people here were diehards or regulars in the era
    --- Post merged ---
    There's probably valuable years of our lives we lost focusing on that bullshit but looking back on it, I won't even pretend like we didn't have fun with it for the most part. At least I did, lol. Learned a lot too

Last edited: Nov 26, 2022
    dinoceros, ZakMuir and tothemoon like this.
  6. tothemoon

tothemoon Donator

Most definitely I'm super appreciative of those times and having an outlet to be myself and f*ck around helped me as a person , I wish I would've looked at things differently and acted more within myself but I'm glad the memories are what they are

retirednow likes this.
  7. retirednow

I agree completely and apologies to past victims but it was better to have an online outlet for that than one in real life LOL

tothemoon likes this.
  8. noah

noah Moderator Plus Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    left4lag
    The drama era was mildly entertaining as a spectator I must admit.
    I don't exactly remember when I first got staff, but that was a big experience for me and gotta be the highlight of my time on the server.
    I love ts and still use it to this day, the old karaoke events were always entertaining to attend.

Only other notable time I enjoyed that I can actually remember was hanging out with @Jordan and @safoya299 despite my mistakes during that time period.

Basically anything let's say 2019+ it all went downhill lmfao

safoya299, retirednow and tothemoon like this.
  9. TheDiamondPicks

TheDiamondPicks String.format("%d %s", 404, "Title not found") Donator

Minecraft:
    TheDiamondPicks
    peak creative was definitely the best time imo. Basically when it was 100% headshops, RPs and skin comps, so I guess 2013-2015ish

Vince, Aiqw, Smg and 2 others like this.
  10. Saul1337

Saul1337

Voted Golden-age, I think it lasted for a little while longer than that but those were good times.
    I was investing way to much time into this server and the videos, but it was so much fun at the time.

For me most of it all started in 2012 :)

PhantomStar and retirednow like this.
  11. ThatOneMark

ThatOneMark Donator

For me it's the Golden Age - it's when I met majority of the people from the server that I remember. Sadly I don't keep in touch with any of them anymore. There's a few that I still wish I had contact with.

retirednow likes this.
  12. retirednow

0 votes for the current era is interesting but not surprising. I also expected more for the OG era

13. blok

blok Donator

factions used to go insane when they dropped the God rank and u could buy /kit prot4

14. John_0696

John_0696 Donator

2012-2014 was the golden age to me, Was one of the first MC communities I joined and was how I met a lot of you guys. I miss those days, It would be cool to have the files to the old survival worlds but sadly the download links don't exist anymore, I'd really like to preserve the servers history

Vince and StreakyOrange like this.
  15. PhantomStar

PhantomStar Zzzzz... Donator

Minecraft:
    StarlightFoxx
    Golden age was when I formed my most cherished memories, so easily that. But the entire early days have a magic to them that can never be replicated.
    also the drama era ended after I left according to you and I find that oddly funny. I didn’t stir up that much drama did I?

16. ChargedMerc

ChargedMerc no Donator

Minecraft:
    ChargedMerc
    Golden age bc I literally gained all my friends on here in that time. Some in 2013, but after the golden age it just didn’t feel the same