Anime Dubs that are just as good as the Original?

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by DMachine487, May 13, 2015.

1. DMachine487

DMachine487 dead

Minecraft:
    deathmachine487
    Yeah, just wondering what the community thinks.
    Also, we already know Fullmetal Alchemist and Cory in the House are great dubs, so shut up we don't need 12 comments just saying that.
    In my opinion, Soul Eater was pretty good, minus the fact that they had to switch around a couple Japanese jokes, or something.
    Well, go ahead.

inb4 the elitist comes and says dubs are all immediately inferior

2. Yomc

Yomc ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Clearly Cory in the House.
    image.jpg
    Best anime

OKAY OKAY KIDDING DONT KILL ME PLS
    Soul Eater dubbed was better than the original, and that's a fact. The voices fit more there. It gave the show more passion, passion that would have left it as just a regular anime without it.
    I know that people will disagree, but Mirai Nikki dubbed? It worked. Yuki is supposed to sound like an awkward 13 year old because, well, that's what he is. And Yuno is supposed to sound creepy and weird because she is creepy and weird, not just a stereotypical Japanese schoolgirl. It gave the characters more volume - and I'm not being sarcastic there.
    People give dubs a bad rep, but that's mostly from weeaboos that want to seem as if they only like the "legit Japanese stuff." Many dubs are done really well, and some give a lot of depth to the show if the voice actor is good.
    So yeah. Dubs tend not to be that bad, and those are some examples.
    Also, Cory in the House still stands regardless.