All lives matter?

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by Soso, Jul 15, 2020.

?

Is it OK?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    22.7%
  2. No

26 vote(s)
    59.1%
  3. If backed with correct information

8 vote(s)
    18.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soso

Soso cringe Donator

Minecraft:
    SosoTheOrange
    Not 100% true. A lot of the time people are hated on for following this movement. This movement is in no means a counter movement to BLM its just more inclusive to other races that are oppressed such as the Asian population in America or Latinos. Not as significant as black lives but still exist. Yes it was started as a counter movement but its split into people that disagree with BLM and people being more inclusive.

Jumping to the conclusion people support white supremacy from saying ALM is quite stupid tbh. Let them explain their side in a debate and don't jump to the conclusion they're a white supremacist.

(not directed at the writer of the message I quoted)

2. Turrtles

Turrtles Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    Turrtles
    My interpretation of this is that "All Lives Matter" is supposed to be inclusive of black lives in the eyes of some people but those people aren't recognised and are automatically classed as being all sorts.
    I am all for BLM when it's to fight to equality but I actually have come across a number of people who have shockingly said "ONLY black lives matter" and that could be a possible source for why SOME people might be saying "ALM" with the wrong reasons / intentions.

I can understand how they can interpret "ALM" as trying to disregard the main purpose of what BLM is trying to achieve, but what has to be understood is that it's coming from both directions. What I mean is, some people are saying "ALM" with the intent to slightly disregard the BLM movement which is obviously bad but at the same time there are some people that are saying "BLM" who are disregarding other lives or seem to think that ONLY they should matter in society - obviously I can't stress enough that this is not the intention for most people, what I'm trying to say is that there are undeniable some people doing this.
    As a result, everyone protesting for one movement is depicted in the minds of some as all being the same horrible people because of an encounter they had with one or more of these negative protesters who are doing it for the wrong reasons when in reality there's people who genuinely want to be inclusive. (Just to be clear, I mean the ALM people who are protesting in order to dilute BLM as well as the BLM people who are protesting in order to disregard white lives completely and try to become more superior than they are rather than aim for the main purpose of the BLM movement which was to gain recognition for black lives and thus be accepted, have their life matter just as everyone should have the right to, be included and treated equally).

To me it seems that the ones with the bad intentions are given more spotlight and fuels more controversy and drama between both movements.

I don't know if I was able to explain my point well but I tried.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
    safoya299, Saul1337, Alperen_ and 3 others like this.
  3. Trevor

Trevor Donator

explained it perfectly

Turrtles likes this.
  4. Soso

Soso cringe Donator

Minecraft:
    SosoTheOrange
    This explains the entire thing of people jumping to conclusions that the protests are bad and all protesters are not peaceful and they want supremacy. For most people this really isn't the case.

Turrtles and hamnah like this.
  5. Saul1337

Saul1337

This is the issue here.
    It's a counter movement just like everything that is created has a reaction, of course when you say ''BLM'' someone will say ''WLM''. When you say yes someone else will say no. It's very normal thing to happen. But you see it as an attack towards the movement you support, although what I am saying with ALM is that all our lives matter, including black lives. And you obviously have not picked up a fucking history book, what about the white slavery? What about Jewish people? What about the current people in gay communities in Russia who are white and oppressed there for being gay? Seems like people with another skin color other than black are suffering too.
    You're just so mindset on the fact that black communities in America face this issue that you can no longer see past it, you don't decide what isn't okay or not you have been shaped to think it's not okay. I don't think you have put any thought into your opinions, that's why to me your opinion will not be valid. You are what is putting up the barrier for other lives to not matter, what happens when oppression against black people stops? You think you can suddenly just drop the BLM thing and let it be? I don't think so, I think they'll use it as a way to fight anything in their way of reaching their goal.
    Then suddenly, only one group matters and the rest will suffer from it. Mankind will become split and you will face much bigger issues when one half retaliates against the other.

Trevor, hamnah, sool and 2 others like this.
  6. Soso

Soso cringe Donator

Minecraft:
    SosoTheOrange
    ^^^^

7. safoya299

safoya299 Donator

Minecraft:
    safoya299
    nobody said they don't..
    yeah no shit.. again nobody said there weren't other ppl suffering. just because blm isn't 'inclusive' doesn't make it exclusive. there are gay and trans black ppl who are just as, if not more oppressed than the average black man. there are afro-latinos, blasians, biracial (half white/black) people who all experience the same racism just bc of how much melanin is in their skin. when someone shows their sorrows for jewish people killed in the holocaust, are you gonna say damn.. that sucks but all lives matter. no, because if you did you'd be an absolute dumbass for doing it. idk why this has to keep being reiterated but blm isn't exclusive. it's merely amplification and a movement to help equality be matched for black communities.
    damn you need to do your own research before demanding someone else does. it's not just black communities in america that face systemic oppression. its universal, and its so ingrained in society that even the smallest racist things aren't recognizable to even a black person are normalized. sad. and also you can't be telling ppl their opinion isn't valid on a thread created for discussion. he didn't even tag you or quote or post so you need to relax lmfao
    damn.. don't that sound familiar? the white man with more power! #alllivesmatter right?
    bruh what you're saying is so extremist lmao you actually rlly rlly need to do research. so many ppl stated in this thread (and its kind of common knowledge) that blm isn't a movement to make black ppl a superior race, its a movement to match them with the same rights as white ppl - so that there's equality.

yall wanna play devils advocate so bad when all you have to do is be an ally and educate yourself. its not like im asking you to bow down at my feet because im african. don't you think that if these issues didn't exist that this whole movement wouldn't exist in the first place.

Rob, Odilon, Disphxrial and 4 others like this.
  8. Saul1337

Saul1337

Read the rest too, nobody said they don't yes ??

Who spoke about the holocaust? Jewish people still face racism on a day to day basis. Same for the other examples I gave. And I don't get the point about it not being exclusive? I never said anything like that, if anything BLM is the most ''joinable'' group of them all.

I feel like BLM has the strongest impact in America, so I will use America as the main example or main source.
    Obviously systemic oppression is global humanity suffers from it.
    And lmao, I can't tell someone their individual opinion is invalid but someone else can say ''It's created by white people so it's invalid'' ? Seems pretty racist if you ask me, and obviously you missed the point I was going for.

Yeah it does sound familiar, DUH. We must learn from history and not repeat it.
    It's not a movement to make black people a superior race no, that's not what I mean by it. There's a small group that does want to use it that way, but even with that in mind I don't think of it that way. But the way I see it that it can be used in the wrong ways, the victim card way. There's no denying in my opinion that people are using the heritage or families history as a victim card, this has been going on for ages. I don't speak for America on that part but here it was out of control for a while where people used it as a free pass, which I can see happening again with a movement like this. It's such a powerful movement right now, which is nothing negative but it can be turned negative by the group that will use it to their personal advantage. The ones with personal interest and not the one with interest towards anyone else's goals. (contradicting statement alert, NOTED!)

And so what if I sound extremist? I think it's a good thing to sound extremist even if you don't intend to do so, instead of being a push over. I stand firm on my feet, how do you stand?

How are we playing devils advocate? We're here having a discussion.
    And I don't think educating yourself is going to solve it, neither does anyone have to be an ally for anything.
    And I do think that this movement wouldn't exist in the first place if these issues didn't exist, thanks.

Trevor likes this.
  9. notnospvp

notnospvp

There's nothing wrong with saying "all lives matter." But when you say it as a counter to "black lives matter," then you are either racist or missing the point.

10. Odilon

Odilon Donator

i never said people white people are not suffering but all of these examples are completely frivolous as they weren't being oppressed for the colour of their skin, rather than for the religious beliefs, ethnicity and sexuality

of course. i do agree with the phrase. i'd be inhumane not to. HOWEVER it's hard for me to believe that somebody who is actively aware on injustice that black people receive, is educated on oppression people of colour have received since the beginning of time (and still fucking do) and who understands & recognises white privilege would want to use such a tone deaf phrase that is very very irrelevant in this day and age unfortunately. which leads me to conclude that it's just more or less privileged, white persons who are not educated on black history using the phrase.

safoya299 and Emma like this.
  11. Toblerone

Toblerone Man of the globe Donator

"All Lives Matter" = Bystander, pacifist, and not doing anything.
    "Black Lives Matter" = Inspirational and empowering.
    "White Lives Matter" = Racist, white supremacist.
    "Hispanic/Latino Lives Matter" = Addressing an issue that "isn't significant"
    "Asian/Pacific Islander Lives Matter" = Ignorant, addressing an issue that "doesn't exist"

There's a lot more, but I find the double standard fucking stupid because everyone and everywhere is different and a lot of cases it's better to look at everyone who is suffering from poverty, crime, unemployment (doesn't apply much anymore), and injustice. But if we keep looking at this issue as a black issue, other minorities who suffer from the same kinds of issues are left out. Regardless if you're Caucasian, Asian, Hispanic/Latino, African-American or not, growing up in a low income neighborhood is horrible, I grew up in one and know what is is like. However, looking at other people and regarding under a racial category rather than just another human being is horrible, and we should focus on getting to understand each other more instead of pushing a "Lives Matter" agenda.

12. Odilon

Odilon Donator

i recognise that you're being sarcastic but i could not agree with u more for the first three ! u really hit the nail on the head here

i don't think the vast majority of people who are actively involved in the blm believe that other lives don't matter. i believe that black people can unfortunately, VERY easily recognise who and who doesn't receive ill treatment. usually by white people.

Starixty likes this.
  13. t3mptr3s

t3mptr3s ~ Emotional Support Staff Member ~ Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    t3mptr3s
    What most people fail to realize is the BLM movement is inclusive of other "minorities".

YFIOTR, Odilon, safoya299 and 5 others like this.
  14. Starixty

Starixty Donator

say it louder for the people in the back omg

safoya299, notnospvp, Rob and 2 others like this.
  15. notnospvp

notnospvp

I’ve never seen anyone get triggered from another person saying “Asian lives matter” or “Hispanic lives matter.”

YFIOTR and safoya299 like this.
  16. Katerina

Katerina Former Mοd Donator

All lives should be treated equally no matter your race, your ethnicity, your beliefs, your religion and your gender. Just like the feminist movement, the BLM movement fights for equality and just like every other movement it has its consequences.

I do recognise that my skin colour has been considered dominant and superior in history. I do recognise that I have white privilege even though I don't get to experience it in my daily life. Where I come from we don't have such problems with black people, mainly because it's less than 1% of the population. I usually experience sexism in my country but that's a discussion for another time.

In America it was necessary for such movement to be made. Just like it was necessary for the feminist movement to be made in order for us to have the same rights as men. Black people in America have faced EXTREME racism over the course of years. Read about Rosa parks and Martin Luther king and the society they lived in.

I mentioned above that everything has its consequences. People tend to take things out of context, they are jealous and sometimes evil. People also do tend to take advantage of situations. In the feminist movement some women wanted to be the superior gender, they wanted to be on top of the world. Absolutely NOTHING, and I can't stress this enough, NOTHING is PURE. Everything is backed up with marketing, money and power and you can't disagree with me on that. With that said, what bothers most white people is the people who use the BLM movement for their own good and not for everyone's good and well that was to be expected lol.

Sooo in conclusion you can never have a pure and peaceful movement. We would all like one but there are so many things involved behind the scenes that we don't know. Black people should keep fighting for their lives and the injustice that they are experiencing. Jewish people should keep fighting for their lives and the racism they experience. Women should keep fighting for their lives and the sexism they experience. Everyone should fight for their lives :)

Trevor likes this.
  17. Stolas

Stolas waffles > pancakes Donator

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    I (and I am sure a lot of other people) feel that this is a topic that is not only misunderstood but can be taken from so many angles.

The statement "all lives matter" is true. All lives do matter, and that is obvious. There is a lack of understanding amongst the youth regarding this.

The statement "black lives matter" is also true. So why is there a movement? That's because black lives are currently under a microscope and have been given unfair chances at life, whether it is police brutality or differences in their salaries compared to their peers of other races.

You can say "all lives matter" but you'll also be silencing a movement that needs to be addressed by governments around the world.

If you feel neglected or attacked by the BLM movement, then you're an ignorant human being.

Odilon, Disphxrial, safoya299 and 2 others like this.
  18. Slump

Slump

what the fuck is wrong with you

saadfinalforever likes this.
  19. GANk

GANk

!Minecraft lives matter !!!!

Slump likes this.
  20. Trevor

Trevor Donator

who

Thread Status: