Why I like waffles

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by Heatdude Da Waffle, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Heatdude Da Waffle

Heatdude Da Waffle Admin | Builds Things Staff Member Administrator

Minecraft:
    Heatdude
    So, I was recently asked why I liked waffles so much and where it came from in the first place, so I decided to share this story publicly. Also, I thought it would be fun to make it on my birthday, since it’s a story about me, so, well, my birthday would be a good day to release it I guess. Also, this is a true story, this is how it happened.

So, for a while I was part of a build team called Team Quadrate. We were small, we had a few successful maps (one of which was called Bathroom Survival and had over 3,000 downloads last I checked). We were lead by a player called Minecrafting001 (he has an account here, but doesn’t really use it much) who also happened to be a (somewhat) good plugin-maker. He ended up making a Cops and Robbers plugin, since at the time that was the minigame, and everybody wanted to play. Thing is, there was only one server that had a plugin for it, and they didn’t even care: It was one prison, you could break blocks, and it had hundreds of players. It sucked. So, Minecrafting001 made his own custom C&R plugin that we hosted on the team’s server.

Anyway, after a few months, the C&R game became it’s own server for us. I was an admin on it. The server actually got big pretty fast, it rocketed from an average of about 5 to 10 players to an average of 30 to 60 players. We even had to make it so three games went on at once, and each game had one cop for every five prisoners because otherwise it was always too quick.

So, time went by, C&R 2 came out, I made a C&R 2.5 with added rooms and one added way to escape, I even made a completely custom C&R map that I called 3.0 and later called 4.0 when 3 came out, so yeah.1 It wasn’t half bad. Then C&R 3 came out.

For those of you who don’t know, besides all the major changes to the map that happened in 3.0, they also changed the food in the kitchen. In C&R 1 and 2, it had been potatoes, carrots, and watermelon that filled the chests in the kitchen, but in 3 it was bread. All bread. It was kinda boring, since bread is 1) Not as colorful and 2) Just not as fun as the words “potato” or “watermelon” either, which might seem weird, but typing “yes, may I have some bread?” just seemed lame. So, one game, being bored, I said “may I please have a waffle?” to which the cop said “a what?” and I said “A waffle, the food you have in your hand” (he was holding bread). So, he threw me some bread. No big deal. I was just bored and decided to call it something else. I called it that in the next two games as well since it was more fun, and one or two others started playing along as well. After those three games, I ended up having to leave for a doctors appointment or something, and I didn’t think about it till I got back.

When I got back on later that day, Minecrafting001 told me that in every game after I left, EVERYBODY, and I do mean everybody, was wanting waffles in the cafeteria. It was awesome. So, from then on, everybody called them waffles, not bread.

About a week after that, me and a few non-staff players of that server formed a group called the “Waffle Brotherhood” and instead of just escaping, our goal was to save all the waffles from their imprisonment as well. I quickly made ranks based on how well people treated the waffles and how successful they were. Not too long after, the owner of the server (not Minecrafting001, it was another person who bought the plugin from him, a person who I have a strong distaste for, mostly because they’re a jerk) tried to form a group called the “Pancake Empire,” in which they tried to keep all the waffles in the prison. We quickly eliminated them and kept the waffles safe. I myself lead the final siege of the kitchen in which we successfully took every last waffle with us and escaped with all 7 of us that attacked unscathed, as we sprinted for our lives out of the prison and towards the boat, the two cops running after us in vein. That was about two months before the server closed, mostly because of the owner’s inability to actually manage a server.

After it closed, the waffle brotherhood went into hiding. Many members left, it was a hard time. Then I came back to J&H. Thing were great; many people remembered me from the old server, and I made new friends quickly.
    Then, in August, I gathered up my strength and opened the ranks of the Waffle Brotherhood to the Jerry and Harry community. And here we are today, stronger than ever before, and ready to defend the waffles from those who try to oppress the waffles or other peaceful groups.

So, yeah. That’s the history of why I love waffles :p This was all about a year and a half ago, in the summer of 2013. So, yeah, the Waffle Brotherhood is over a year old, and I hope to see others join us :D

EDIT: Sorry I was high earlier I don't know why I posted this. It is a true story, though xD

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
    Aiqw, Electric_Demon, ~Bear and 14 others like this.
  2. nivels

nivels Donator

Do you like pancakes?

3. Heatdude Da Waffle

Heatdude Da Waffle Admin | Builds Things Staff Member Administrator

Minecraft:
    Heatdude
    Pancakes are our mortal enemy, they try to oppress the other breads, and that is unforgivable.

4. ShaunPoppy830

ShaunPoppy830 Used To Be Poppy830 Donator

Minecraft:
    ShaunPoppy830
    Wow, this was way more sophisticated then I expected.

I like waffles because of this:

kinghakaka likes this.
  5. KlulessdoesMC

KlulessdoesMC YouTube: Klockorino

Minecraft:
    KlulessKitsune
    Wow... I literally have NOTHING to say...

6. CakeSquid

CakeSquid Top 16 Ranked in Spleef Donator

Minecraft:
    Cake_Squid
    [​IMG]
    Waffle Brotherhood and Cake Cavalry Unite

Stergy and Emeritus_IV like this.
  7. thebigman

thebigman Donator

i was googling colored waffles one day

i googled the wrong colored waffle
    sniff

Stergy, jerkboy2006, Ninjaman and 4 others like this.
  8. Ninjafoya

Ninjafoya

lol wtf did i just read

thebigman likes this.
  9. Xandalf

Xandalf Donator

. . .
    I really hope I'm thinking of a different thing than what you saw.

thebigman and Ninjafoya like this.
  10. tothemoon

tothemoon Donator

Welp, The story has been revealed. o.O

11. Netherr

Netherr Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Minecraft:
    Netherlasting/Netherr
    How does one join the Waffle Brotherhood Heat?

12. Rila

Rila Pyro is top bae

Minecraft:
    Rilakkumaloverr
    You kill a pancake.

13. jerkboy2006

jerkboy2006 Lord of the slimes. c:

Oh..
    Lady, that is not a waffle.
    Next time, search green waffle.

thebigman likes this.
  14. KrisKrikken