Why Am I Not Applying for Helper?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by kedio, Apr 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. kedio

kedio Donator

Hey, everyone!

A bunch of people I know have gotten the
    [HELPER] rank. Some of my friends even got the [MOD] rank! Some of you may be asking, "If all of your friends are getting staff ranks, why aren't you?"

I could say the same thing.

~ I'm 13 years old.

~ I have never been banned from the server, and I've only ever gotten 2 warning points.
    ~ I have pretty good grammar, and I spell only a couple of difficult words incorrectly.
    ~ I always put effort into things.
    ~ I always explain my arguments.
    ~ Finally, I stand out in real life. Surely it's not so hard!

I would apply but there's on problem.

I'm not mature enough!

If you want me as a staff member, then you want someone who sleeps with stuffed animals every night, someone who is so sensitive it's unreal, and someone who isn't trusted with knives to be a staff member.

I'll apply later, maybe 15-16 years of age, I'd be mature enough for the job, I'll be able to handle harassment better, and I may be able to deal with anything in a more civilized matter than I do now!

So, just wait a couple of years. I'll surely apply later.

Until then, I'm happy with my
    [GOD] rank!

~ Carmen

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
    tence3000, Sakujo, Smg and 1 other person like this.
  2. Pugnata

Pugnata Pug the Pug Donator

Minecraft:
    Pugnata
    I am 18... my bed is still full of stuffed animals... I DONT HAVE THE HEART TO THROW THEM AWAY!

But on a serious note, it is good you see that you might not be ready for staff yet. You can get a ton of toxic people on you so you really need to learn how to handle that, it can be devistating if you don't know how to deal with it. I don't think maturity comes with age tbh, some people who are 15 are more mature than I am with my 18. Just apply when you feel the time is right ;)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  3. Job_

Job_ Banana Donator

Minecraft:
    Sneakin_
    I am 16 and I am pretty mature, I dont care what others are thinking (expect for my friends).

Witha, tence3000 and kedio like this.
  4. Jakt

Jakt Former Mod+ |questionable | Donator

Just because of your friend become staff doesn't mean you must yourself, that's the view I get, you choose. Are you willing to put countless hours on this place for the better? or not? That's what you choose not others. Also I'd not apply if I wasn't set in my real life and had a steady stand point in life like you said. Apply just because of your friends are a bad way, you'll not use the rank to the fullest if you apply for that. One point that warns me a little is this "~ I act like a Helper already." That's not a good thing, in my view as that's consider as mini-modding but hey oh you choose. I'd not act like one as it can make you appear like a tryhard for the role. That's all I'll say.

tence3000, Aiqw, kedio and 1 other person like this.
  5. Mookey

Mookey OITC Veteran Donator

Minecraft:
    Mookey_
    It's up to you whether you think you're ready to maintain such position. But as @Pugnata already mentioned, maturity doesn't always come with age. The staff team already has a couple of 13-year olds, and they are doing just as fine as other staff members who are older, maybe better. They know how to handle their position, they possess the needed qualities. Also a lot of them grow over time and turn out to be very valuable.

With hard work, patient and effort everyone has a chance. I always suggest people just to try, but if you're really unsure about yourself then maybe waiting is the right thing to do.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
    Markend, tence3000, Rivenze and 2 others like this.
  6. MeatBoy0

MeatBoy0 Donator

Minecraft:
    MeatBoy0
    You don't need to be good at anything to be staff trust me. Like why would they pick me if you had to be "mature" and "good"

Sofie, TreeKillerMan, Emma and 12 others like this.
  7. t3mptr3s

t3mptr3s ~ Emotional Support Staff Member ~ Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    t3mptr3s
    I've actually had staff members pestering me to apply to be staff. I report cheaters etc. But IMO, I don't want the pressure. There are so many toxic players that I'm not willing to subject myself to abuse that staff has to endure.

Many people wondered the same thing :P

tence3000, kedio and stupid like this.
  8. TheMint

TheMint Former Mod+ Donator

Minecraft:
    TheMint
    You sound like me 3 years ago :')
    I'm not kidding, I fit into everything you said (I also got warned twice)… I also thought I was immature, and that I should wait before I apply.
    One day I said fuck it and applied and eventually reached mod+ (which was a bit less common at the time). I don't regret it at all.
    You seem like you have potential, don't miss the chance and go for it as soon as you can, you might get it.

tence3000, dreamvlle and kedio like this.
  9. Stolas

Stolas waffles > pancakes Donator

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    Agreed.

tence3000 likes this.
  10. ThiccTurtles

ThiccTurtles Builder Donator

Minecraft:
    Cheezi
    Staff isn't about being mature. Yes, you can't just go crazy, but you don't always need to be perfect either.
    If you feel like you have enough positives but one negative just apply anyways.

11. kedio

kedio Donator

Thanks everyone for your support!
    I agree with that to be honest; when one of my friends became staff, I was completely fine! I didn't feel urged whatsoever!
    Thanks! Although, the only reason I'm not applying is I just want to see how things turn out with my life, so I don't get motivated to resign.
    I've been drowning in stuffed animals since the beginning of time. Wouldn't give them up, even if I was just randomly given all the money in the world owo
    Well, once you reach the staff rank, you don't automatically change. You still have a childish side, but you have to be serious about your job! I procrastinate to much, and I'm never serious about anything.
    Gets pretty annoying, to be honest. That's another reason why I won't apply yet. I'm still very sensitive about everything, so... you get the point lmao
    I swear, when I was 12 or so, I was just saying to myself, "The day you turn 13, we're applying, yes?" I've grown pretty shy over the years, can't sing in front of an audience, even if my life depended on it. I'm just waiting until the day I feel like I'm fine with the recognition.
    I wouldn't call myself "immature" in the sense that I act like a 5 year old. I'm just immature in the sense that I procrastinate on a lot of things, and when you enter about the 16-17 age, you usually apply for a job. I'm not in a hurry to reach those "real-life" jobs, so I guess I'd have a job on the server.

12. Stolas

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    I might as well post my opinion on this thread,
    You have a lot of potential, and I think your experience with the server could boost your chances.
    Personally, I think you're a pretty cool person, and I don't even see you on the IJAH server.

So, other than that, just go for it, dude.
    Expedect

tence3000 and kedio like this.
  13. kedio

kedio Donator

Thanks, man!
    I would go for it, definitely, although, I said in the post before, I procrastinate a lot. On homework, schoolwork, and a lot of other promises. I seem to forget easily, and I've always made good statements in arguments, although three-fourths of the time, I never win. I'd like to apply when my claims seem more valid and I procrastinate less. But, I'll definitely put this message into consideration, thank you again!

tence3000 likes this.
  14. Stolas

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    I used to be a procrastinator, but now that I have opened my eyes (somewhat, I don't know if that is what I mean actually) you see things differently, you have a desire.

I agree that you said that it's better until you're more ready (kind of).

tence3000 and kedio like this.
  15. Rivenze

Rivenze Donator

Agreed.

kedio and tence3000 like this.
  16. tence3000

tence3000 Donator

Minecraft:
    tence3000
    All of the above posts are really good posts.
    Just to add or repeat.
    Even if you don't feel your mature enough for the role have a shot at it!
    The thing is you can't always see very well about how mature you are but other people can see the bigger picture.
    Therefore you should try and apply and see what the staff say.
    Also I have seen a few posts recently about there being no response to their application.
    If this happens to you when you try in the future just wait because this means that you still have an opportunity to become staff and that when the staff team needs you they will accept you.
    Anyway I kind of went off topic but take into account what people have said and good luck!

Mookey and kedio like this.
  17. Bruhtrash

Bruhtrash 100% FC!!! Donator

Minecraft:
    MrHakenRock
    Carmen, don't let this bother you please. I don't want to say anything like personal so all I am going to say is everything comes at its own pace and you never know what will happen the next say. It's all about how much you believe in yourself and not care about the people around you (unless they care about you) owo.

Mookey, kedio and tence3000 like this.
  18. kedio

kedio Donator

owo Thanks for your motivation, Faz!

ALSO
    Made my decision: I may apply around June or May! owo

Bruhtrash and tence3000 like this.
  19. Bruhtrash

Bruhtrash 100% FC!!! Donator

Minecraft:
    MrHakenRock
    what about builder though?