Which minigames needs more maps?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Mareliii, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Mareliii

Mareliii Donator

Minecraft:
    Mareliii
    Hey! I think I'm going to try to make a new map or something for the server soon, but I'm not entirely sure which mini-game I should make it for. So does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do? (Mini-games that really need new maps, lobbies or hubs?)

2. Heatdude Da Waffle

Heatdude Da Waffle Admin | Builds Things Staff Member Administrator

Minecraft:
    Heatdude
    This is just my opinion ofc but this is how I see it.

Ones that need more maps:
    • SG- hasn't had a new map in forever, the ones it did get were too big and boring to play on. It needs new life (currently working on an sg map of my own actually)

Ones that don't need more maps but it can't hurt:
    • Parkour
    • Farm King (the different designs for farms)
    • Skyblock- not sure if they want more special islands but it can't hurt
    • Sumo
    Ones that could do with a new spawn:
    • SG- the current spawn isn't bad by any means but adding a new spawn and new maps would really bring it back to life (like they did with HC). As a side note they also should get rid of the big maps or add in a system to make a barrier close in Fortnite/PUBG style but you can't build that so moving on...
    • Build Battle- nothing wrong with the spawn, just it's small and could easily be improved upon.
    • OITC- this one is challenging because the current spawn is good but it's also quite old and the game could use something new to freshen it up a bit. This one doesn't "need" a new spawn but I'm sure it would be welcomed.
    • Spleef- This spawn, like OITC, is quite old. On top of being old it's very icy and not very colorful. This doesn't make it bad by any means but it's not very appealing to the eyes. Sure it fits the spleef feeling but spleef doesn't have to feel icy and cold just because it's a snow floor. Having a more interesting colorful spawn that doesn't stray far from the feeling of spleef would be great imo.
    • BuildIt- now here's the thing... this game is dead. Like, dead dead. There's a reason it's in the legacy minigames section. Although I wouldn't say it's worth your time to make a new spawn for this if you had a really good idea and want to this minigame could actually use a new spawn.
    • Skyblock- this one might be hard to one-up but I've heard quite a few SB players say they want a new spawn. I don't have much to say about it and maybe the whole community doesn't feel that way but I'm just going on what I've heard.
    As I said before these are all just my opinions so you might disagree with me on what I think needs new maps or spawns and you might think other games need them more. For instance I know some people think Farm King needs a new spawn but I actually really like the simplistic spawn with the endless wheat because I feel like it really fits the feeling of the game and it's okay if two people disagree on that because it's okay to make whatever you want.

Hope this helps (:

3. Mareliii

Mareliii Donator

Minecraft:
    Mareliii
    Thank you! This definitely helps me a lot, since I don't actually have to much knowledge about the server yet. I think I might start trying to make a new SG map as a side project, and start off with a new spawn for either Build Battle, SG or Spleef :)

Heatdude Da Waffle likes this.