What is it like to be a Staff of this wonderful server?

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by wilburt_, Aug 19, 2017.

Tags:
?

What is it like to be a Staff

1. Fun

39.3%
  2. Kinda boring...

25.0%
  3. I AIN'T NO STAFF

35.7%
  4. -sneeze-

21.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. wilburt_

wilburt_ [Herobrine] | Youtuber Donator

Minecraft:
    Will_Cooper
    Hi! I'm so bored so I started thinking before I start applying I would like to know what it is like to be a Staff member! Like what commands you can do, are you as powerful as [God] rank? Thanks for replying!

2. Meme

Meme Ex Mοd >:) Donator

Minecraft:
    Amphibology
    depends on your original rank, there is no overpowered way of being "staff", you are trusted in what you are doing and you are given the permissions you need, like a helper moderating chat, they have chat commands, a moderator, has commands to moderate severe chat issues and moderate in-game issues, such as the "cheater", so in my opinion no, staff are not overpowered with their commands.

Also about your quote about "is being staff fun", depends on your view, they are normal humans aswell, just working as volunteers to keep the community all good and clean.

3. wilburt_

wilburt_ [Herobrine] | Youtuber Donator

Minecraft:
    Will_Cooper
    ty for your help!

Meme likes this.
  4. Katerina

Katerina Former Mοd Donator

It's ok
    Staff can warn, ban etc which no other command can do so no ranks are equivalent to staff ranks
    Is it fun? Yea sure but it can be very unfair

Meme and PhantomStar like this.
  5. Smg

Smg Retired | Also known as 'Phaithful' Donator

Minecraft:
    Phaithful_
    To me, it's a great experience being staff on a server network like this one. After being a regular player here for so long and finally being gifted the chance of being helper just one year ago, this whole experience has really helped shape who I am (as cheesy as that sounds). You see, being staff on a server network like this is nothing to take for granted especially since out of the main applications only some ever get the chance of being given the opportunity. Regarding my own experiences, being granted with this staff rank has given me the chance to meet some amazing people on and off this server. It has also helped me understand what having a job may be like with certain responsibilities and stuff, and it has also helped me mature as a young man. As tacky as this may all sound, I'm not over-exaggerating. As much as people like to sour on those who take this job seriously, I understand where they're coming from but ultimately having a staff rank (and progressing through the ranks) can help you understand what it may feel like to progress through, you can say, real-life job promotions and give you an up and close perspective of having some responsibilities.

So yea, that's really all I had to say. Being staff on this server network can provide a great experience and has the ability to teach you some stuff about moderation and overall what it may feel like having a job despite this being voluntary. If you have the time and dedication, I highly suggest giving it a try and seeing what you think. Nothing bad is about the position itself, but merely what people make of it.

6. Netherr

Netherr Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Minecraft:
    Netherlasting/Netherr
    As a staff member for the past 2 years and a half now, I think I can give a "quick" run-down on what it feels like.

At first, getting promoted feels great and that feeling will last for a while. Eventually however it'll start to lose it's "wow effect" until it becomes part of your everyday life. Sometimes it might even feel like a burden as you may have to go online to do your job for a while even though you don't have time at the moment. Also, at as time goes by, you'll eventually change, whether it be for the better or for the worse. This is something you can't avoid whether you like it or not. You'll also have more responsibilities to handle and much more people to cater to leaving you with less time for yourself if you really want to dedicate all your time and effort into your job. Overall, it's a good learning experience as you get to encounter lot of things and situations, both good and bad, which might help you on later in life.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  7. tence3000

tence3000 Donator

Minecraft:
    tence3000
    I have only been a member of staff for a little over a week now but I've started to get a better sense of how the staff work, well a small part of it, compared to when I wasn't staff. Staff are often critiqued for doing no work and being awful when in reality, staff are constantly working really hard and have many different situations to sort out keeping them busy daily. I'm talking from the perspective of a new helper so I can't even imagine what it's like higher up the ranks. Personally, I find the position fun so far and I'm enjoying having to work with other people and coordinate, something I did less before. It allows you to pick up useful skills that you won't only use on here as you go on but in real life as well. I can see how some may find it stressful or boring as you progress as you do have to be on form a lot of the time to be able to handle reports but I want people to remember you don't have to be a robot to become staff. You don't work 24/7 and never get to play like you used to, no. You have to help out as that's what you're volunteering to do but you also have some freedom to play like you used too and have fun. From my point of view, I feel staff ranks may have been taken for granted in the past but you really shouldn't. If you're staff or not you need to realize that many people spend months trying to become a staff member and this should not be wasted. I am grateful because I set my sights on being staff a few months ago and got accepted only after a few months but others have had to wait for longer so to current staff and new and upcoming staff, even though I am new please don't take the opportunity for granted. I would definitely recommend applying for staff here as it is a great opportunity for all in my opinion and if you do apply, good luck, I wish you the best and if you get accepted I hope you enjoy being staff and do your best to do the best you can for not only yourself but the server too.

dreamvlle likes this.
  8. Stolas

Stolas waffles > pancakes Donator

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    make friends with other staff members and have a good time

dreamvlle likes this.
  9. dreamvlle

dreamvlle resigned Donator

Minecraft:
    bedazzledblunt
    I've been staff for a solid four months now, and I haven't wasted my time at all since.

Staff may seem like we're all evil, but we truly aren't. Being on the team takes a lot of dedication and doing what you do sufficiently. I wish you the best of luck on applying! :)

10. nivels

nivels Donator

I'll give an honest account of my experiences in it. This is an opinion. And it is being presented like an opinion, not an attack. If you cannot deal with it, I don't want to talk to you.

In my time, it was quite good, but there were issues. NOTE THIS IS FROM MY TIME, NOT NOW.

• Back in my time, my timezone was very inactive and there was only me and like 2 or 3 other staff on doing lots of reports and it was tiring.
    • Most of the staff I worked with were really good. However a select few would talk behind other staffs backs to other staff members and/or try get them in trouble. Basically, some of them were shady making the experience less enjoyable.
    • It's fun helping the server by eliminating rule breakers. But it's equally as annoying to deal with trolls and players who intentionally want to piss you off. Just need to maintain your cool. These people want reactions from you.
    • Some of the staff were just not bothered to do anything when I was staff and it was annoying.
    • When a lot of staff were on, a few (like 2 or 3) competed a lot by rushing to reports and stuff, trying to get promoted. That was annoying.
    • The commands are fun. But there is a lot more to just banning and warning people. Having the ability to change the behaviour of people/make the server a better place is always motivating. What wasn't motivating was the issues I said above.

It's a mixed experience. Like everything, it comes with the good and the bad. That's just my point of view. It's always encouraged to apply because you can develop and learn a lot from it. But in my time especially, there were times were it just gave me a massive headache.

11. ZeusV

ZeusV Former Moderator Donator

Minecraft:
    ZeusV
    It's a fun experience that I can enjoy on the server, I hope it will never end and that it can always be a fun journey. I've been [Helper] for 4 months, I've really enjoyed it. What things that made my staff journey special. Here are the things:
    • Meeting new staff & friends.
    • Helping the community.
    • Being accepted of my age.
    Yeah, it's been a fun experience.

tence3000 and dreamvlle like this.
  12. aund

aund aund / wthf Donator

Minecraft:
    wthf
    You need to learn to put a lot of hard work and dedication if you're planning to be a part of this staff team. You gotta be patient, mature, and able to handle situations well.

From what I have heard it seems like a really fun position to have. Good luck on applying in the future!

13. sool

sool ‎ ‎ Donator

I know I'm not staff but I know a lot of staff members and they usually say that the first days are hard but after that it's pretty simple.

ZakMuir likes this.
  14. MisfittedCow

MisfittedCow X

Minecraft:
    MisfittedCow
    First time was fun (2013 - 2015)
    Great staff, great community, good vibes all around.

Second time was not so fun (2015 or 2016, I don't ficken know anymore)
    What the hell happened u guys

15. Dest

Dest Mod+ | Twitch Streamer | Perler Beads Artist Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    Destination666
    Like Slevin said: It can be a lot of fun, although it may be annoying sometimes when no staff comes on, or when staff is on, but doesn't do anything (I'm also talking about myself here, because I was a staff member who didn't do much 1-2 months before resigning (which is why I resigned)). But besides that, it's a lot of fun helping out this server and making it a better place, or atleast trying to do that.

dreamvlle likes this.
  16. Cxte

Cxte . Donator

Minecraft:
    Cxte
    Fun.

sool, ZakMuir and tence3000 like this.
  17. Saul1337

Saul1337

It can be really fun, you naturally get to know a lot of other staff members who soon become your friend.
    You get to warn/ban people who ruin others server experience and you generally get some more respect,
    and often times you'll have fun with other staff when there is no real serious issue going on.

Al though it has also some bad sides, people look up to you so that means in the good and the bad times.
    You can't really stop being a staff member, you can't ignore a guy when you're doing idk a parkour run for example.
    And you have to deal with the mindless people who will complain about some issue they are having but don't really give you any options to help them.. But they will keep complaining.

But then again I was probably the true O.G. Badmin on this server, so I experienced the server from a very unique experience than any one else or any other admin has.

Sakujo, tence3000, Meme and 6 others like this.
  18. ZakMuir

ZakMuir Veteran Donator

Minecraft:
    ZakMuir
    It was fun.
    I met a lot of new friends, and I matured a shit ton in the 4 months I was staff. Yes players will hate on you and talk shit about you, but you learn to ignore it. Although it can be stressful, like @Saul1337 says, once you get staff, until you resign or are demoted, you are always. always a staff member, whenever your online, you don't get any breaks when your online, you can't ignore players when your online, even if you have been doing reports all day. If you need to stop, log off.

Yes players will hate on you for warning them, but that is only a minority. The satisfaction of helping someone out in a problem, overcomes the little negatives that they are about becoming a staff member.

I enjoyed my time as staff. I would recommend it to anyone who is capable.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2017
    dreamvlle likes this.