Unrequited Love

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by Muffin_Mobber, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Muffin_Mobber

Muffin_Mobber Reality Surfer Donator

Minecraft:
    muffin_mobber
    You know I didn't really expect you to like me back, because, you know, it's never worked out before for me. But like, seriously? Every new one was more and more unwarranted, unneeded, unwanted, so why do I feel like I've been cheated? I specifically avoided you so this wouldn't happen but you chose to talk to me that day. I don't like coming across as a bitter little bitch or anything but fuck, even when I try to be smart, even when I try to avoid falling for it, I get caught anyway, and now here I am, upset. Nothing new here, folks. Boy gets upset that girl doesn't like him. We've all heard it 100 fucking times so why does the pain still surprise me? Why is it that you were the best one yet, even though all the previous ones before you were also the best ones yet. But no, I really mean it. You are the best one yet, even by objective standards.

Really, listen. I know I'm stupid but I'm not so stupid that I can't see you don't like me the way I like you. But I swear to God I'm the best ever at seeing shit that aint there. I'll take the smallest things and misinterpret them so that my hope doesn't fly away, so that I can keep dreaming, so that I can hold onto that flame that I felt the first time I liked you. That flame that turns your vision into a kaleidoscope of beauty that makes time slow down and transforms 70% of the waking day into a daydream of me making you laugh.

I swear it aint lust, but I mean, I still think you're beautiful. But not in that way, I swear. I mean, in that way, too, but that isn't the main thing. It's just that I'm so inexpressibly happy around you. Like, so happy that heroine is your bitch. The kind of feeling that makes you scared of the thought it could go away, no terrified. I KNOW IT. REALLY, I do. I figured it out after the first 2 girls, I swear. But fuck, man. I know that it means nothing, and that I'm young, and that in college there's gonna be a hundred girls that fit want I want but I hate that thought because it implies that what I'm feeling right now isn't special.

Why is it so hard to take personal responsibility? I know it isn't your fault but can it really be my fault? No one likes hearing they're not good enough. Look at me, trying my best to make myself beautiful and shit, and then you're just gonna say it's not enough? My everything isn't enough? I KNOW you aren't saying my existence is inadequate but why does it sound like the same thing in a different language?

I wanna respond to your refusal by laughing, crying, yelling, smiling and saying it's alright, and saying "Well it's not like it mattered anyway" but that last thing's a fucking lie because it IS a big deal, and I can't let you make me happy if I also don't give you the power to make me sad. And I'm not about to have zero expectations for people because then I may as well say goodbye to color in my life.

What is this I'm feeling, now, jealousy? I thought I was done with that emotion. No, only children know that feeling and I'm not nearly insecure enough to feel that. It doesn't mean anything anyway, but why does it seem like you're saying he fits the necessary criteria but not me? No, I love the guy, he's been my friend for a decade, I couldn't be jealous of him if I tried. I'm happy for him. Yea, that's all. But also, I have this demon bubbling up in my stomach feeding me malicious thoughts about you and I HATE it. I don't want it, and I know that none of it is YOUR fault, either.

You gave my life color, even when I didn't ask for it. So it's only fair you also take that color away, and I know that even though I'm back to where I was before I met you, the recession back to this point on the x-axis can only be interpreted as net loss and worse, missing an opportunity that only happens a few times a lifetime, or the 3rd time in mine.

You're just so beautiful, and I'm so scared that I'm not good enough. I can hardly bear the fact that I'm not worthy of your love, but I'll get over it. I know I will, even if I don't believe it right now. Time is the greatest remedy in the universe, and eventually these chemicals will simmer down, and maybe, in another two years, they'll show themselves again for someone like you.

Sorry, I thought I'd try this as a means to vent. Love not returned is one of the more painful things in life, and I thought that I would kind of jot down the chaos that it seems to prescribe right here, where other people can see that with time, things will get better, and that they aren't alone in their pain. I also want to say that I believe that the best way to move on is not by blaming the girl (or the guy) but by blaming yourself. Resentful people who refuse to take personal responsibility will never grow up or get better.
    Don't give up, everyone.

dinoceros, grotesque, Noodle_ and 5 others like this.
  2. SLVSHPANDA

SLVSHPANDA Custom Title Donator

Minecraft:
    DiviXion
    Blaming yourself doesn't help because it just feeds to your already negative mindset.
    "Oh look, it's my fault that you're such a charming person that I ended up liking you more than I should've."
    "Oh damn, my fault for having a completely natural emotion."

You can't fight off love. Blaming yourself for falling for someone is ridiculous. Personally, the best way to move on is to give it time and distract yourself. The thing is that you're actually feeding yourself with their attention and them. Focus on yourself and what makes you happy. Anything that gets your mind away from that will be much better than blaming yourself.

You can blame yourself for your actions if you were forceful, etc, but if you just fell in love, don't blame yourself, please.

Ezzerland and Muffin_Mobber like this.
  3. Muffin_Mobber

Minecraft:
    muffin_mobber
    Yea I think you're probably right. My main point though was that if a girl doesn't like you back, you shouldn't blame them for not liking you and that ultimately you weren't good enough for her. My goal wasn't to get people to drown themselves in whatever vice due to blaming themselves, but rather motivate them to remain fighting and remain bettering themselves so that they can love themselves more and be more attractive to women in the future. I still definitely appreciate your words because it does make me feel slightly less stupid, so thank you.

Ezzerland and SLVSHPANDA like this.
  4. Ezzerland

Ezzerland Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland
    It's also okay to use that love to strengthen your ability to support this person like a true friend. It's okay to love someone that doesn't return the feeling.

I wrote a passage about this some time ago I was reminded of by your choice of wording.

I'm so stupid all my thoughts are of you
    when you're in love with somebody else
    but I would rather long for the rest of my life
    than let go and forget how this feels

And though a pain can be felt deep inside
    it dissipates when I think of you
    So I'll stay happy for the rest of my life
    as long as I have memories of you

Yeah time... may pass us by
    but that does not change the way things feel between you and I
    and I... would like to remind you
    if you ever need a friend, I am right here for you

I'm so stupid I keep waiting for you
    to be the one who's waiting for me
    and I'll keep waiting til the day that I die
    because that's what you mean to me

dinoceros, Soap, Smg and 1 other person like this.
  5. Muffin_Mobber

Minecraft:
    muffin_mobber
    Yo ezz if I'm being really honest that spoiler is one of those thoughts that deeply scares me, like for that to happen and love someone so much that you're willing to wait until you die for them, even knowing it won't be returned. I still empathize though, because those periods of your life when you don't love someone else are far less memorable and greyer.

What you said about strengthening friendship is new to me, so thank you, but the thought I could be only a friend to her still hurts.

Ezzerland likes this.
  6. Ezzerland

Ezzerland Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland
    It's the thought that is killer because the thought implies that you also wont ever feel that way about someone else. The reality is, love is a versatile feeling and it grows and adapts to surround multiple people in your life in multiple ways. What's really going to get you later is when this love and this feeling becomes about someone else and that changes your friendship with the person you love right now.
    This is absolutely difficult. It's the concept of "If you love her, let her go." You see it presented in movies and shows all the time. Someone makes a bold comment that their love needed to hear but you clearly know they didn't want to say it and then they break down and cry when that person runs off to someone else. No one said it would be easy. It's going to take a LOT of experience. Level up. ;)

Muffin_Mobber likes this.
  7. Muffin_Mobber

Minecraft:
    muffin_mobber
    "What's really going to get you later is when this love and this feeling becomes about someone else and that changes your friendship with the person you love right now."

I'd honestly be shocked if that happened. The first time it didn't work for me the girl moved away. The second time I had to stop it on my own then remained like that for a long while. It is difficult for me to see myself changing my mind about the current girl. Maybe it will happen, but I doubt it will happen in High School.

Ezzerland likes this.