Minecraft Thoughts on Minecraft E3 reveals

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by John_0696, Jun 14, 2017.

1. John_0696

John_0696 Donator

Hey guys, So I know this place is essentially a gaming community, and A lot of people like to talk about what kind of hot new stuff is coming. One prime example is E3, the Convention of all things electronic, It's also a place for a bunch of new stuff to be released.

One that got my attention was the new Minecraft trailer for the "Better together" update, It talks about a massive overhaul to the different versions of MC.

The first thing they added was the Controversial marketplace update, I know exactly what people would think of that "What!? Minecraft has microtransactions now!?!? THIS IS BLASPHEMY!!!" But after taking a look at this it's more interesting than it looks. The in game currency isn't all that expensive, you can get a thousand coins for like 10 dollars, and most of the things you can buy are pretty cheap too. Plus I can feel this could open a lot of doors for mod makers and developers who want to share their creations with the world. If Mojang and Microsoft agree to creating a easy way to get Minecraft mods into the marketplace and allowing an easier way to implement them it could really benefit Minecrafts success.

The other big reveal is that there's Cross compatibility between different versions of MC...for Pocket and console editions at least. What do they got against Java players? :c Still though it's pretty cool to see that happen.

Another thing they added are Big named servers that people can play on. Like Mineplex, Cubecraft and so much more. It's awesome that servers are now getting recognized by mojang and actually being implemented into the game. I mean wouldn't it be cool to get a Pocket edition version of the J&H? :o

Still though, all of these are really cool updates, but my personal favorite thing they added so far was the new Shaders pack for the Console and Pocket editions of the game. It's awesome to see an official shader pack for this especially for Gear VR players such as myself, Its going to be so awesome to see Minecraft world's through 4k resolution. c:

So what did you guys think of this big reveal? Did you like it? Did you not? Let me know in this thread!

2. tence3000

tence3000 Donator

Minecraft:
    tence3000
    I didn't even know this was being released, thanks for telling me!
    I just checked it out and it looks great!
    tbh, with recent updates I've felt disappointed at the direction of minecraft.
    But honestly this actually looks really good and if this is done well, could make minecraft do much better once again.
    Thanks for telling me of it!

Am I the only one who liked Minecraft Story Mode and is looking forward to season 2?

Smg, John_0696 and Username like this.
  3. PopeUrbanII

PopeUrbanII deus vult Donator

Minecraft:
    ComradeMessiah
    The micro transactions make me sick. This isn't Clash of Clans, it's Minecraft. I am not really looking forward to cross compatibility. It just didn't feel right.

4. Rivenze

Rivenze Donator

Thanks for the news! :)
    I'll be sure to check it out!

Mookey likes this.
  5. Smg

Smg Retired | Also known as 'Phaithful' Donator

Minecraft:
    Phaithful_
    Wait they're having a season 2!? YES
    I freaking loved MC storymode, can't wait can't wait

tence3000 likes this.
  6. tence3000

tence3000 Donator

Minecraft:
    tence3000
    Lol I thought I was the only one who liked it.
    Check out the sneek peak they revealed.
    New characters, new ideas.
    Looks to be good!

Loocy and Smg like this.
  7. TheDiamondPicks

TheDiamondPicks String.format("%d %s", 404, "Title not found") Donator

Minecraft:
    TheDiamondPicks
    Eh, I'm iffy on this. I mean it's cool that these updates are coming to those versions, however I have a few things to say.

Firstly I hugely disagree with the implementation of 'default' servers. I feel like this will kill any hopes of a similar community experience to pc edition. E.g Hypixel already dominates the pc scene, and I feel like default servers will exasperate this problem for PE (e.g. Mineplex or lifeboat with gobble up the players).

I also strongly suspect that the Java edition may be left out of future updates. Neither Mojang nor Microsoft seem to really care about Java as much now, this seems to be demonstrated by the name change (All Minecraft versions baring PC and Story Mode have been renamed to just Minecraft and then PC to the Java edition).

There's two reasons people play the PC edition: the community, and the mods / servers. Neither of those things exist to a decent extent in the pocket edition.

Marketplace: Meh. I suppose it must be good for content creators etc, but I think a free official and universal platform would be much better (e.g. An official Mojang world browser - similar to what Minecraft forums is now).

TL;DR MCPE doesn't have the community, and these updates do little to support that. I cannot see it becoming a viable replacement any time soon (+ the fact there is no official MCPE server platform, barring realms which frankly sucks, which stifles development)

8. John_0696

John_0696 Donator

I can see where your coming from, Even I'm a bit wary about Mojang abandoning java edition as that was the platform that got Minecraft started. But we really don't know what they are going to do with the Java version of the game. Maybe they will announce something about it soon. :p

From what I have heard, the Micro transaction feature is going to be staying exclusive to the Cross compatible versions of the game. Java/PC will not be getting this feature as far as I know.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2017
    PopeUrbanII and tence3000 like this.
  9. Pianobonds

Pianobonds

Minecraft:
    Pianobonds
    Meh, don't really like it. I rarely play MCPE anyway, it's buggy as hell.
    I still wish that Java can also do this. That would be cool.
    What does this micro transaction do? I thought we can just download it from the internet, and then put it to the directories by ourself

10. John_0696

John_0696 Donator

Microtransactions are Basically in-game purchases, or DLC as its known by the gaming community. Its common in games like Clash of clans, Most console games and so forth, Minecrafts DLC are basically maps and skin packs, nothing really game changing whatsoever. They arent all that expensive either as you can buy a certain amount of minecoins for like 10 bucks.

11. Katerina

Katerina Former Mοd Donator

There's an easier access to modpacks by using twitch btw

Sofie likes this.
  12. Racingman1

Racingman1 Beatles Fan I Premium Rank I Person Donator

Minecraft:
    Racingman1
    My main thought on the MineCraft crossplay stuff is the fact that you need an Xbox Live account to play with other consoles, INCLUDING THE NINTENDO SWITCH, I DO NOT STA-

And I also believe it costs money, but I'm not too sure.

13. Pianobonds

Pianobonds

Minecraft:
    Pianobonds
    I know, but can't we just download it straight from the internet and put it in the directories by ourself? or maybe this microtransaction makes everything automatic (you don't need to go through those directories to insert the DLC, the game will do it for you)?

14. John_0696

John_0696 Donator

You can't download it from off the internet as I think it's all in the game already, If you purchase something off of the Minecraft store, it will download it into your saved world's tab.

Okay, So I got a bit of an update for this thread regarding the PC/Java version of Minecraft.

From what I gathered, Minecraft Java will soon be getting a new name, known as Minecraft: Java edition. I recently heard this from a YouTube video by AntVenom. I really feel that renaming the original game and giving that name to the cross compatible version of the game seems a bit ridiculous, But we still have no Idea what they have in store for the Version of MC we've all grown so fond of.

However, there is some good news, From what I have gathered, Minecraft Java edition will not be stopping development anytime soon as they have said they hired some new developers onto the team as well as starting working on making bigger and more frequent updates than before. So don't worry all you PC players, All the stuff that was shown at E3 like the coin marketplace and such will not be making its way to the Java version of the game.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2017
  15. RulerofMobs

RulerofMobs Fuck. Bye, survival. Donator

Minecraft:
    u9r
    I only heard that Forza 7 was coming out xD

16. ItsWilly

ItsWilly Ex Co-Owner Donator

Minecraft:
    MrDeathWilliam
    Mojang is milking minecraft.

They first almost kill all minecraft servers with the stupid EULA then want to rely on the same servers years later... Oh and added microtransactions too when they added the EULA because ''MINECRAFT WAS NEVER MEANT TO HAVE MICROTRANSACTIONS''...

Bunch of hypocrites is what Mojang is. They should have left Minecraft as it was years ago, maybe then it wouldn't be this bad.

17. SixthCoyote

SixthCoyote Donator

Minecraft:
    Ezreul
    Over-doing it. Changing the game into something that I personally don't think it was meant to be

18. RulerofMobs

RulerofMobs Fuck. Bye, survival. Donator

Minecraft:
    u9r
    So true, so true.

19. Pianobonds

Pianobonds

Minecraft:
    Pianobonds
    Back then, we can. It's just that maybe they want to give us a more secure way to get DLCs (no virus from the internet) and to make it easier for younger players to set it up (they don't have to download an app, or going through game directories)
    this "adding microtransaction" thing is kinda useless and holy shit, they're so expensive. This is why I stopped playing pocket edition ages ago.

20. Strikyn

Strikyn Donator

Minecraft:
    Strikyn
    I guess this is a good time to quote my post in another thread.
    ^^This includes microtransactions. Mojang has been milking the cow for quite a while now, I don't see an end to it either.