The EULA explained (READ)

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by JoeyBACONBacon, Aug 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeyBACONBacon

JoeyBACONBacon Fig Newton

Minecraft:
    JoeyoftheBacons
    All of the immature players on here have made EULA threads, as far as the eye can see. They're everywhere. I've posted this explanation nearly everywhere. But this needs to be its own thread.

This is: the Mojang EULA explained.

This is what I posted on the thread "6 hrs remain." It explained almost all of the EULA.

None of you know anything about the EULA.

I've made so many posts about this, but nobody seems to care.

If you TRULY cared about this server, you wouldn't need the perks that Mojang is taking away. You don't need fancy sparkles just to donate to the server. If you all care so much about the server, then you would not care about your perks. The donation site is a shop. Almost every single person here donated just for the fancy perks. Most people don't even know that the money goes towards the server. They just want to stand out. I repeat this every time, but people like @PastelColor donated because they care about the server, and they enjoy it.

Mojang is not even the only entity using an EULA, most of you don't even know what it means. It means "end-user license agreement."http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/End-user_license_agreement

What that article basically states is that all customers who purchase your software, or in this case, a game, are given the right to own all parts of the game. If there is a perk on this server that is part of the game that only donators can get, that is not only unfair in the first place, but it will not be allowed. This has existed forever in the Minecraft rules, and they're just now enforcing it because server owners did not enforce it.

This EULA prevents server owners from selling vanilla parts of the game. That means no /fly, since flying is in the game. No gold pants in OITC or MineFighter, that's part of the game. No donator kits in factions, all of that is in the game. You can still have your sparkles and your rank if you truly want them so much. For the third time, if you truly cared, you would not need perks. You are only complaining because you will not have your perks. The people who have not donated yet have less than you, which makes donators seem so much better on this server. As they say, the "gray-chatters" are almost always ignored in favor of donators on the server. Unless you're a well-known member who hasn't donated, such as @athenswill, it is nearly impossible to notice anyone trying to talk to you who is not a donator. This rule makes all players equal, so this will not happen anymore.

Mojang is a multi-million dollar company that is not going to go bankrupt since people are angry about this rule that has existed ever since servers were created. People are angry because of change. This is just like when the 1.6 update came out, and people complained about everything. Over 30 MILLION people have purchased Minecraft on all consoles and PCs. In fact, there have been more sales on consoles than on PC. People on consoles do not even have servers, and they are one of the largest consumers of Minecraft content. Most Minecraft players on PC do not even donate on servers.

This truly is not a big deal at all. I really hope that @RobyNub1337, or Jerry and Harry can finally put an end to all of this EULA nonsense. I, and most others, have had enough of people complaining about this. This has been my longest explanation yet, and some people truly need to read this. This is essentially what all of this looks like:
    [​IMG]

That is the explanation of what the EULA actually is.

I've posted plenty more on other threads, such as @CalebTheKidRS's thread.

Caleb was saying that he will go to the White House (which he obviously won't) to change this EULA. First of all, Mojang is a SWEDISH company. The AMERICAN government can't do anything about a SWEDISH game company.

Sweden:
    [​IMG]
    United States of America:
    [​IMG]

In most other EULA threads, people have stated that "They want a refund." If you want a refund, then you do not care about the server that you are donating to. Legally, when you donate to the server, it goes to the server. You no longer own that money, you do not get it back. That is why Herobrine donators are perma-banned if they refund. There is a fee for accepting server donations. If you accept a donation, you pay a fee. If someone wants to get a refund, Jerry and Harry actually lose money, since they had to pay extra.

As I said earlier, if you cared about the server, you would not need perks. By saying that you want a refund since you paid for perks, you are clearly stating that you do not care about the server. You did not pay for perks. You paid money for the server to keep running. The perks are just a bonus. The donation site is NOT a shop, even though people think it is.

@RobyNub1337, I have a few requests that I would like you to respond to. I am locking this thread right as I post it, so only you and other staff can post on it.

1. I would like this thread to be stickied in Server Discussion or something else, so people can actually see it.

2. Anyone who posts about EULA, and wanting to "get a refund" should be replied to. They should be given their refund, but they should also be permabanned. You will only be allowed back on the server if you pay back your money.

3. Finally, I would just like any thread with "EULA" in its name to be immediately locked and the thread creator warned.

Thank you for reading, if you're reading at all.

2. _MadisonBarks

_MadisonBarks THAT furry Donator

Okay...
    I'm not issuing a warning point...
    But you could have worded this much, much better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.