[Survival] Revamped Spawn.

Discussion in 'Map Submissions' started by Miner, Apr 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miner

Miner Retired 5-Year Veteran Donator

Hi! It's me!

So, I revamped my old spawn that was on my Mac because it was bad, needed improvement, and was already pretty much broken. Here's the result. I worked on this for around 6 days on and off. It was a lot of tedious hard work, but I got it done.

IGN: TheMiner30

Server: Survival...what else?

Credits: Me and only me :3

*BEFORE VIEWING IMAGES* Please note that I have taken these screenshots with the r3dcraft resource pack and SEUS shaders. Some of these images may seem very dark, but this spawn was built with the default texture pack on and no shaders, meaning that what may seem dark is actually pretty bright. This can also account for most, if not all, lighting bugs. None of the dispensers have any items in them, plugins are required for the infinite item ability.You can now see the images.

The Spawn was entirely made so that anyone can exit the spawn at any point in time in any direction to find land, which is very similar to the tiny spawn we have now. The Spawn's dispensers throughout the Spawn can be replaced with [Give] signs if needed.
    The Shop boasts a 200 item frame count in its 2-storied quarters, and due to its intricate design, can contain 400 item frames, which is double its amount, with little effort and no new builds.

The Donator Lounge has a shooting gallery with an infinite bow dispenser, resting quarters, a little parkour (throwback to the parkour in the "Survival is its own server" era), infinite cookie dispensers, and an enchantment table that can has max enchantment levels.

The FAQ/Info is just a small, cozy room with enough lights and room that should answer all questions and give all priority information required.

The Parkour is a throwback to the first parkour, where it was pretty much just a wide rectangular prism of iron blocks with ice parkour. I mixed my own little bits of parkour in so there's some creativity in there. The ending is also my own, with an enchantment table and a little congrats.

The Cozy Area is a small area with a tree in the middle surrounded by flowers and a bench where people can sit down and relax on. This place was meant to be a relaxation area hence to the calmness that it provides players.
    The Fishing Pond, connected to the Cozy Area, is simply a fishing pond divided by a wooden bridge that leads to dispensers with infinite amounts of fishing rods.

The PvP Arena is a throwback to the first spawn with a PvP Arena. Both of these have dispensers with infinite stone swords and a hole to drop down in to fight other players. Players in the hole cannot shoot players above the hole with the whole safezone/warzone thing. An iron door is placed so that when finished with a fight, you don't need to risk yourself by being exposed and can go in the door and click the warp to spawn sign. However, you cannot do it in the middle of a fight, as you cannot go out and you will be pushed into the lava and most likely die without gapples.

The Main Exit is a gateway that allows players to go in a general direction to start off in if they are unsure of where to go, and then allows them to choose separate directions along their journey.

So, that's the Revamped spawn. If you liked it, please say so by commenting, and if you would like to give constructive criticism on my spawn so I can improve it, feel free to. I'm always glad to receive tips on what I can do to improve it. Thank you for viewing this!

Last edited: May 3, 2016
    taylorr, Katerina, Smg and 2 others like this.
  2. TheNinjaFury

TheNinjaFury Fury Donator

Minecraft:
    [Hero] TheNinjaFury // TheEmperorOfFury
    Cool spawn! The only thing that bothers me is all the buildings seem very square and the mix of blocks don't go very well together. Could we please have some vanilla texture pack shots?

3. Miner

Which buildings specifically?

4. TheNinjaFury

Minecraft:
    The Parkour, shop, pvp arena and donator lounge.

5. Miner

The Parkour is SUPPOSED to be square. That's how it was in the original spawn.
    While the Shop may LOOK square, the walls and little aisles are made out of unique stair patterns.
    The PvP Arena is supposed to look a little square-like. The original one looked circle-like, but it wasn't useful for 1v1s, as someone could go run around the circle back and forth.
    The Donator Lounge is more of a palace kind of thing. It has a stair/slab roof to it, so I don't know what you mean by "it's entirely square".

6. TheNinjaFury

Minecraft:
    I didn't say it looked square from the inside, just take a look at the overview. Most of the buildings look out of place.

Jacob_ likes this.
  7. Miner

What do you mean by out of place? I don't understand what you're saying here.

8. TheNinjaFury

Minecraft:
    In that texture pack, putting netherbrick by iron blocks (which looks bad in large quantities anyway) does not work at all.

9. Miner

I don't know, it looks pretty nice to me. I guess it's just perspective then.

10. TheNinjaFury

Minecraft:
    Yeah, I guess. Personally to me, anything built out of just iron blocks looks slightly ugly, but what do I know.

11. IAMINACTIVEBYE

IAMINACTIVEBYE Donator

Nice build c:
    However, sorry if this does sound rude but the buildings do look quite 'basic'.
    Try to go for a theme perhaps. Some ideas is a medieval theme, a modern theme, futuristic and I'm sure there are plenty more if you look it up.
    I think the main problem here is the buildings don't quite 'match' or belong. When the buildings look like they fit, the spawn would really then start to shine.
    However, this is a nice build, but just try and make it a bit more prettier. Everything else is fine, but just fix up the design a bit.
    That's my little suggestion. Good luck and great job :D

Jacob_, Miner and TheNinjaFury like this.
  12. _Frizzy

_Frizzy

The buildings lack any depth and detail in them. You got to be more creative with how you present things, and importantly, have a theme. For example you have a nether structure right next to a block of iron. I understand if the nether part is necessary but at least have a subtle change from each of them. Now from what I can see from the tree it seems to straight edged and more like a notch tree and less of a hand build tree, the more natural you can get it, the better.
    I think my main concern is how you applied detail. Practice heaps with themes and look at some of Willy's builds. Once you know what makes a build good, it makes improving easier.

13. Miner

Welp.
    I think I've accepted the fact that I can't build very well.
    So, might as well until I get better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.