Story time: Singing Competion

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by witchchick128, Aug 14, 2018.

1. witchchick128

witchchick128 Amity Blight Donator

Minecraft:
    AzuraBookClub
    Here's a story time of the time my school held a 'singing competition.'

One day, around the middle of 5th grade (few weeks before I moved), I was sitting at my desk, probably thinking about the SkyWars I was gonna play when I returned home. My friend (we'll call him Max) had told me that a singing competition was going around; except it wasn't a singing competition. It was a lip-syncing competition. Me, being the little cynical LeafyIsHere fan I was, said that it was a stupid idea. So did the friend that told me. IMO lip-syncing requires no talent. So me and my friend planned to roast the battle as it went on. Not loudly, just so me and Max could hear. My other friend (who I'm just gonna call by his real name: Raul) wanted to join because he's fucking awesome.

Few days later, might've been a Friday, day of the lip-syncing competition. The whole school (i think) is called down to the auditorium (which was the gym). I later find out that Max's brother had applied for the lip-syncing competition and wanted to do a Twenty One Pilots song. The judges said that all Twenty One Pilots was banned for being "too depressing." I was heartbroken at this (because at the time I still listened to Twenty One Pilots frequently) and I thought "that's no reason to ban a whole band, just because of the atmosphere of the music." Let me be clear, that most of those entries probably would've been Stressed Out because there's a likely chance that they don't go too in depth into an artist (I do that all the time), so I was seriously questioning the other songs that were gonna be played.

Another few acts go by, me and my friends are cringing and snickering. Let me say that 90% of these acts had 'instruments' which were just made out of cardboard. There was some heart in this, but me at the time thought it was pure cringe. Nonetheless, we get to a song. There was a lyric that contained 'just got high.' Immediately after hearing this, I said: "Okay, so they ban a little sadness but they don't prohibit lyrics involving weed? Especially in front of 2nd graders and below? Good logic." And I'm smart so I was immediately agreed with. Then there was an Eye Of The Tiger by Katy Perry act, and you know in the video there's a tiger that roars near the beginning. I didn't know this, and it jumpscared me. After this, I thought: "Okay, so jumpscares are allowed too. No Twenty One Pilots, which is harmless, but weed and jumpscares are A-O-K? Bullshit." At this point, it irritated me because these judges were fucking idiots. Whatever. There was one more song which contained something not 100% Christian and SFW but I don't remember it. So they fully BANNED Twenty One Pilots for being a little depressing but allow NSFW material to be shown in front of 5-7 year olds. Just to be clear, I don't give a shit, I care about banning a little sadness but allowing weed and shit to be shown in front of 2nd graders. It's fucking idiotic that you ban something for being depressing, but you keep shit like weed and jumpscares. Idiots.

So anyways, that's the end of this story. If you liked it, PUNCH THAT LIKE BUTTON IN THE FACE, LIKE A BOSS! And, high fives all around! WAPEESH, WAPEESH. Thank you guys and I'll see all you dudes, IN THE NEXT VIDEO!!!!

100 likes and I call Thanos at 3am