Staff average age is 16+

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Zyleno, Jul 9, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zyleno

Zyleno

So I jus came here to make a statement that all staff is about 16+. So as a result of that those older staff members may not know how to handle kids who are kinda young who play on the server. Or the people who are young may not want to talk to those older staff members.

2. retirednow

retirednow I'll be back sometimes to check in :) Donator

I actually believe that older age is better for handling younger players. At least better than younger players handling younger players.

Lisbian, t3mptr3s, dreamvlle and 4 others like this.
  3. Zyleno

Zyleno

Yes I do see your point of view but the way I’m looking at it is that if a younger player helps a younger player then the person who needs help might feel more comfortable asking someone around there age a question. Or also if the young person has experience too with what the young person is asking it could just be a lit easier.

4. retirednow

On Minecraft, I'm not sure if age is the first person someone wonders about. Most of the time you wouldn't even know unless you ask and that's not usually how staff interactions go.

5. Zyleno

Zyleno

Ok yes I’m sorry I’m really just trying to find as many things as I can for them to consider me even though my age.

6. noah

noah Moderator Plus Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    left4lag
    Hate to break it to you, but I don't believe they'll make an exception regarding the age requirements considering... past events

7. retirednow

The age thing is probably non-negotiable. You'll have to wait until you're 13.

momand likes this.
  8. Zyleno

Zyleno

Ok so what happened in the past because I can guarantee you 100% I won’t make that mistake. This is literally the thing I have been looking forward to for 2 months and for a while and I will literally do anything to prove that I can just have a chance . I do know how I sound right now but no one has any idea what this means to me and I don’t even what mod I just want to be a helper.

9. momand

momand ex-god Donator

The age rule is completely non-negotiable. You'll have to wait until you're 13 to apply.

Think of it as a law. Just because you're 10 and think you're mature doesn't mean you'll get a job at McDonalds when you're 10 because we have laws in place to prevent it. As I've said to you before it's not against you as a person, it's just our rules. If we accept one person who's 10 years old there's no point to have the rule in place, now is there?

Making propaganda threads about the staff team or telling everyone you're sad because you're not getting accepted is unfortunately not going to get you anywhere closer to being accepted. That's just life. I hate to break it to you, but we can't (and won't) just make an exception to one of our rules, no matter what.

Bruhtrash and retirednow like this.
  10. retirednow

Sadly, we're not accepting applicants under 13. It won't happen because we've had issues with younger staff abusing their power among other things. We acknowledge the fact that you may behave better than the others, but the rule still isn't going to change and I highly doubt we'll make exceptions. Sorry.

Stolas and momand like this.
  11. Zyleno

Zyleno

Ok 1: why did you mention the law and getting a job I do understand what you were saying and I never said you have to except me. 2: I wasn’t going off saying I’m sad and I should be accepted I was in the “off topic” section and I was just saying something I feel and I do know life isn’t fair. 3: you really think I’ll apply again again in 3 years. Not to be rude but Minecraft is practically dead except for Hypixel and that there’s no point to ever apply again because of of stats at this rate the server will be completely dead in 3 years.

12. Netherr

Netherr Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Minecraft:
    Netherlasting/Netherr
    To be honest, you don't need the Helper rank, or any form of staff rank to help the server. Helper is arguably the same as being a default player except that you get commands to work with and have access to communicating with staff members.

So unless what I mentioned is what you're after, I don't see why this rule is a problem if all you want to do is help others out.

retirednow likes this.
  13. Joeyy

Joeyy Silly Goose of the year 2022 Donator

Minecraft:
    jeowee
    The age will never go down. 13 and up is considered a teenager, and that's when you'd say more independent decisions will be made. Staff does involve speaking to each other about certain things from time to time. I'm not denying that to become a staff you need to be 100% strict no time for fun all the time. But it does take a bit more maturity than you'd believe.

Witha and retirednow like this.
  14. Witha

Witha Mandy 11.28.21 <3 Donator

Minecraft:
    Witha
    You should know didn't you apply like just after your 13th birthday?

15. dinoceros

dinoceros Donator

Reading this, I would assume you are under 13. That's an age-old debate that I myself participated in before being 13. I used to think the same thing than you do. However, even though opening applications for sub-13 year olds would not "hurt", it would be unnecessary as I doubt the admins would want other staff members that are children.

And, let me just add that a minimum age of 13 is free. If you want to open an application, you can do so at a very young age compared to other servers. A good example that comes to mind is Hypixel who has a minimum age for applying of 16.
    This. There have been very unpositive past experiences with sub-13 year old staff members, and I don't think J&H wants to get back into this.

However, Zyleno, I totally understand your frustration and know that this is something that I have felt myself for a while. Just understand that it's possible to help the server and have fun on it without necessarily being staff. Be patient and the first think you know, you'll be 13 and mature enough to apply.

If you wish to read more about this debate, I would highly recommend reading this thread that I have made in 2016.
    http://itsjerryandharry.com/threads/remove-age-rule-from-staff-applications.90917/

noah, retirednow and Stolas like this.
  16. Stolas

Stolas waffles > pancakes Donator

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    hi hello.

I believe this is just a continuation (or what it turned into) of your old thread.
    I am talking about this one: http://itsjerryandharry.com/threads/itsjerryoritsharryread.119228/#post-1072848.

Past events include people like me. I applied, was accepted and demoted within 4 months. Applying underage will never work and if you do decide to apply when you're 13, you should be active and kind to people. I believe the main problem with applying underage is power control. Towards the end of my time as a staff member in 2017, I became something else. I lost a lot of my friends and it took me a long time to change myself. I think the 13 age limit is not just there to control the servers staff, but it is also there to protect yourself from yourself.

Also, please do not be afraid to mention me if we're going to talk about past underage staff as I am open to talk about it.

dinoceros likes this.
  17. Joeyy

Joeyy Silly Goose of the year 2022 Donator

Minecraft:
    jeowee
    Yeah, after waiting a year or so to apply? Doesnt matter when you apply after you turn 13, does it?

@OfficerDeadly did the same and he isn't getting flack, is he?

18. RulerofMobs

RulerofMobs Fuck. Bye, survival. Donator

Minecraft:
    u9r
    Well, I don't think that's quite right. Helpers have a LOT more respect than normal players. People are a lot more likely to listen to them and follow their lead.

People who are under 13 tend to be a bit more immature. Even people who are 13 and apply have a very low chance of getting accepted.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  19. Witha

Witha Mandy 11.28.21 <3 Donator

Minecraft:
    Witha
    Getting accepted has to do with how you behave ingame

noah likes this.
  20. Zyleno

Zyleno

Ok so I think and really would like for everyone to stop posting here anymore. This is never going anywhere the staff made up there mind IT WILL NEVER happen if your not 13 years of age or older. I have also decided this by coming to reality with myself and I fully accept and understand what I have been saying. Anything else posted here is just useless and creates more drama so staff please take it down if your reading this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.