spleef needs more love ;-;

Discussion in 'Spleef' started by KTthe_spleefer, Dec 28, 2015.

1. KTthe_spleefer

KTthe_spleefer

Minecraft:
    KTthecreeper
    So spleef is great. but it isn't geting the love it deserves. I just wanna tell you guys how good spleef is. So spleef is a very simple game you get a shovel and you are put onto a platform and you try to dig holes under other people making them fall into the water below. But its not as easy as one might think as the other people will be trying to knock you into the water so you must use strafe and parkour to not fall but make the others fall too. and theres also snowballs that you throw and it makes the blocks they hit disappear. Now doesn't that sound like a fun game? I mean its fairly simple easy to get the hang of but it takes hard work to get really good at it. spleef can become has popular as the survival games if we give it a chance!

DELETEDACCOUNT likes this.
  2. _TylerEclipse_

_TylerEclipse_

3. _Frizzy

_Frizzy

Spleef is old. Old minigames not relating to PvP based combat equals the death of the minigame.
    Pretty much, most of us know it. Some have played it more than others but the game is old and worn, there is nothing to make this particular minigame exciting. I have been there for quite a long time now and the community it once had is gone, the leaderboard has succumb to farmers and people are there because they are bored. Spleef is a dead game.

DELETEDACCOUNT, Safoya and Katy_ like this.
  4. Katy_

Katy_ Donator

Spleef used to be my second home.
    All of my first Minecraft friends were from Spleef.
    But these days, its just a shell of its former self :(
    I wish there were ways to make it new and interesting,
    but I don't know what could be done to do that.

_Frizzy likes this.
  5. KTthe_spleefer

KTthe_spleefer

Minecraft:
    KTthecreeper
    that is litterly me ;-;

6. Safoya

Safoya

Minecraft:
    basicallysaf
    The game itself is fun but with all the drama, it makes it hard to want to be on there. The players don't follow the rules and when staff come to enforce them they literally ask them to leave. People fight and break the rules all the time and honestly I think spleef is like that because it's understaffed.

taylorr likes this.
  7. taylorr

taylorr ex md+ Donator

Spleff is most certainly one of my favorite mini-games but it's hard to imagine what could be done to attract more people.

8. KTthe_spleefer

KTthe_spleefer

Minecraft:
    KTthecreeper
    I'm thinking of making a helper application so I can moderate the spleef chat room ;-;

Haruld and Safoya like this.
  9. HEY_HEIHEI

HEY_HEIHEI

I do like spleef, and spleef do gets more and more boring. But it is still my game, and I spleef when I got a bad day and when I was fustrated. It is a way to let me relaxing my nerve. The leaderboard are really sucky, even though I am on there, I had to admit there are farmers on it(especially Nik). I hope spleef will get a new map or a bigger map something like that. And change the mode of spleefing a little bit, but still the original style, mappers need ideas something to build a different spleef arena(it is way too small). Spleef is a community, I hope it won't die down. I suggest a reset of the leaderboard too, and set limits to player for only winning how many wins each day. So there won't be farming happen in spleef. Spleefers(such as jugernugget) should open youtube channels and have tutorials for how to spleef, so spleef will be more challenging again and more fun to play
    -AEOLOS(HEIHEI)​

10. ItsParakeetOitc

ItsParakeetOitc

@Tayahs
    1. A leaderboard reset.
    2. Bigger spleef map.
    3. Adding achievements

(Probably should put all these in the suggestion section)

11. DELETEDACCOUNT

DELETEDACCOUNT Donator

I got here some ideas:
    1. You could make a spleef game with more than 1 stage, making you fall every stage.
    2. You could get Snowballs when breaking blocks, giving you the opportunity to make your opponents fall in a more easy way.
    3. Make a Leaderboard reset, as said before by @ItsParakeetOitc .
    4. Make a spleef game with the adding of PvP, allowing you to punch your opponents (like Sumo, for example) or kill them right before they die (like KitPvP).
    5. Adding 2v2 modes, 3v3 modes, etc.. and allowing the friend feature to let your friends join your game.
    6. A new spawn map, because it kind of got old.
    7. Adding Powerups, and such things, allowing the game to be more interactive and fun-like.ยบ
    8. If nothing else works: FULL RESET to the entire Spleef Server, would be nice.

I think a game this old, but still a very fun game to play should become more interactive and fun-like, so that players can enjoy it to the fullest.
    If needed, we can create a thread in suggestions and ask Staff Members to change it and make it more interactive.
    Also, the server should be better monoriterized, as said by players before, so we can all make our suggestions.
    Spleef is a good minigame and we don't need to remove it, just improve it.

-Tomyz

ItsParakeetOitc likes this.
  12. Smg

Smg Retired | Also known as 'Phaithful' Donator

Minecraft:
    Phaithful_
    The thing with spleef is, most players have completely forgotten it is here.
    What Spleef needs is a new look. A reset. New Lobby. More Maps.New Leaderboard (Meaning it needs to be reset).
    Doing these things will guarantee more players will join that community.

Darkstorm77 likes this.
  13. KreoN

KreoN Manager of Something| 9 Year Vet Donator

Minecraft:
    _KreoN_
    No matter what you can try to do to improve spleef, nothing will make it popular again. The server has been hosting it for longer than any other mini game on the server, and its popularity shrunk as newer mini games came out with better gameplay. Sure some people like the classics, but a lot of people on the server are new, and haven't played back in 1.5 when spleef was well-known. In my opinion, that's why spleef is losing love.

14. iParis

iParis //

Sorry for bumping this thread back up,
    But the staff members who are reading this right now need to step up their game,
    no, you're not busy "working" 24/7, just the other day a staff member made a thread about being bored and what Mods do when they are.
    The minigames are so understaffed, there are 50 freaking staff members in the lobby but not one in literally any of the minigames except for Creative or Factions.
    OITC is full of hackers.
    Spleef is a madhouse.
    Survival is so popular, but there is so much hackers with anti-shit.
    Last year the staff members went into this group and mentors thing, which helped a lot, and I think they should do it again even though Dao isn't here anymore.
    There needs to be more staff members in the minigames.

15. Darkstorm77

Darkstorm77 Former M.od+ Donator

Minecraft:
    Darkstorm77
    Staff are probably busy busting hackers in creative. I got a mod to ban a hacker in creative. And you probably thought it wasn't possible. Well they basically repeated my messages immediately and perfectly, even when I said HDFsh98emcxzkjdfpa or something. SO #PRECIATEIT

16. Sniperendy

Sniperendy

i agree