Someone Has to Say It Pt. 2

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Joseph10003, May 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joseph10003

Joseph10003 hi. Donator

Minecraft:
    RetroJoey
    Before staff want to lock and/or delete this thread, please note that this is not to start any drama or flame wars. This is made for me and others to express our opinions that we are entitled to. By deleting and/or locking this thread, you would be removing our right to express our opinions. Please please read the whole thread before posting. Please! Thank you.

This is probably going to be one of the last things that I ever post on here, so I'm going to make it meaningful and effective.
    I don't even know where to begin, but I guess we can all talk about the obvious. Though it seems repetitive, the server is yet again losing its "fun factor." No one is ever on and it just seems like ever since 1.9 came out and Mojang started blocking servers, J&H has just declined immensely. With the declining numbers, you would think the server would change or step up, but it doesn't. The staff team is also declining because I think they are finally realizing how boring it is to waste their time in front of a computer screen doing nothing. Do J&H pay you for the "work" that you do on their server? Do they even care?

Since my demotion, I don't even know anymore. The only thing good that has came from this server is the people that I have met. I don't really take into account the whole "server part" of the server being the best. I sort of stayed as long as I have due to me meeting people. Through this though, I have also met a lot of bad people. Some people on here just despise me and I don't care anymore. If you are in a position where people are hating on you and saying you're bad, then you don't need them in your life. Find people that care about you and love you for who you are. Some people think of me as being the nicest person ever and a few think of me as being a total fake bitch. What ever floats your boat, I guess. You'll never be able to please everyone and you'll never be able to be "popular" on here anyways. Okay, people have like what... 100+ followers on a Minecraft forums. Congrats! I have never once thought of me being popular. Definitely not on a MINECRAFT SERVER... you know for Minecraft... The fact people cry and get upset over a Minecraft server is so stupid. Yes, it seemed so cool to be staff at first, but it was never an amazing experience. I never considered it a "job" either. No job makes you sit in front of a computer screen and issue bans and warnings. Really? That's not even a job. I'm tired of this server (which is already falling apart) acting like it's an official business when it's not. They just take your money and use it for whatever they want. Okay, maybe it goes to the server, maybe it doesn't. Who really knows?

If you think I am just rambling and not making any sense, I am just trying to warn people who really have made legit friends on here to stay in contact with those people outside of this place because honestly, it is not going to be up much longer. The staff team is always decreasing and it is just getting worse. It is so repetitive to continue to get on the server when nothing new ever happens anymore. Nothing ever changes and the drama is a continues thing. People my age and people younger than me don't need this. All of this is complete bullshit. The drama, the ranks, the popularity. It has never been about this. The ranks shouldn't mean anything. These titles that are put onto some members shouldn't matter. We are all human and when it all comes down to it, being a Helper, Mod, or Mod+ shouldn't make what you have to say more "official" or have a bigger of an impact on someone. If you strip away these titles and ranks, we are just all people who are starting drama with one another. We all are just people and the fact that we group certain people onto higher "popularity" pedestals is stupid. This whole "virtual world" is just stupid. I love a lot of people on here, but when it comes down to it, you don't know me. I have always tried to be honest and stay true to myself and how I truly am irl, but again, you don't know me personally. You don't know anyone more than what they portray online.

I'm sick of people telling me that I am too much of a bitch and too much of a hypocrite. Next time people want to call me a hypocrite, they need to make sure they aren't being a hypocritical hypocrite. WOW. It's one thing to call someone a hypocrite, but when you are the full embodiment of a hypocrite, you need to chill. Oh and to the very few staff members that harass me and make fun of me, just so you know, your rank means nothing more than a faded virtual popularity and once this server dies out, so will your "popularity." The fact that you have extra commands on a server and claim to be the expert of everything is irritating. YOUR RANK AND YOUR STAFF RANK DOES NOT MAKE YOU BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE!

At the end of the day, I know who I am and I know that this whole virtual world and this whole community does not define me. The people that surround me irl and my family are the ones who truly know me. They are the ones who truly care. To anyone reading this, if someone is messing with you online and they are harassing you and calling you names, just ignore them. They probably feel the need to bully and harass you because they have personal issues irl or they probably just feel so insecure about themselves that the only way for them to make up for it is to put you down. These people are not people that you should talk to and being apart of a community like this one is pretty much asking for you to be messed with. Now, I didn't really want to talk about just me, but considering this is probably one of the last threads that I am ever going to make, I think I will talk about me for a little bit.

Let me start from the very beginning. My experience on here has been good, but also equal parts of terrible. I started off on here and no one knew me, but then I started to make friends. Okay cool. That's nice and all, but then it started to get worse. I don't know what it was about this place, but I just kind of got sucked into this community and this server. I got on everyday and I was hooked. After school, I would look forward to getting on and playing on the server and talking to my friends. This was my life for a very long time. Let me also talk about the tole this had on my actual irl life. It got so bad that my grades started to drop and my parents became concerned. Just this very year, I began to feel depressed... blah blah blah depression blah blah blah... but no, I really did become depressed. I was acting weird, I wouldn't eat, I would just come home crying. I came out as bi and I also told my mom sort of what was going on in this community too. I told her about all the fake ass people I came across and I told her about how the server really made you feel apart of a community. Well... a destructive community because this community destroys you. It makes you conform and change and you basically become sheep to whatever rules or guidelines they give you. You're told you can have an opinion, but when you express it, they shut you down. You get warned or they lock whatever thread you make to limit the opinions that others may have had. It's altogether so pathetic and so bad. BUT JOSEPH, EVERY PLACE HAS RULES AND GUIDELINES! Yes, I know this and I would be totally okay with that statement if you know... everyone had to follow the rules equally and everyone was on the same playing field. But... like I said a little bit ago, this server does not follow this. These ranks and staff ranks define who is on the same playing field and who isn't. Some people get away with murder and some don't. Some are told that their actions are wrong and not allowed while some get a free pass to say whatever they want. Oh, you disagree... well that's because to the public of the server, this is hidden. You only see what they want you to see. You think that staff never talk shit about other people? You think they are perfect little angels? I can assure you that a good portion of them aren't. Plus, the fact that some of them are even staff is questionable. I still to this day ask myself why some of the staff are even staff to begin with. Like oh god, what did they do to get staff? Definitely not be nice, caring and respectful people. And you know, it is really pathetic how some staff got their rank and it is also equally as pathetic how some play the victim so well. Oh poor me always wanting to be praised like some god. It is so annoying on so many levels how far people go on here for the attention they must have. Attention on here is ridiculous. Like me, I am making this thread right now knowing that it will get attention, but I am still making it because I know this thread is so much more than that. But you have some people on here who just do anything for attention without a purpose.

On a positive note though, I would like to thank all the people on here who have truly tried to stay true to themselves through all the bs and drama. On the same note though, shame on those who have changed for popularity or a stupid staff rank on a Minecraft server. The people you thought would be your friend forever literally just leave you for a higher rank on a social pedestal or a staff rank that shouldn't even be a thing. It is so upsetting to see a place that I used to love so much just fall apart. I know I have made a couple of threads in the past about server issues, but this has been the worst it has ever gotten. We barely have like 500+ people on now. What are J&H doing about it... nothing. Oh wait! 50% sale. Spend more money, but for what purpose? What purpose does your money do? What will it actually change about the server? Make it last a bit longer...? Yay! More time for drama. More time for hatred and ignorance too. I don't want the server to come to this, but it looks like it has already hit rock bottom. It would have to take a miracle for this server to be saved and we know miracles don't happen that often. And before you get mad and hate on me, just listen to what I am saying. I am not a rude person or judgmental in anyway, but I am just trying to let people know that this server will not make it if we do not change how we are. It will also not make it if J&H don't do something soon. There have literally been no changes to the server at all. It is the same old same old. I'm hoping for the best when it comes down to the server and forums, but only time will tell what the last chapter holds.

And remember, you are so much more than whatever this server tries to tell you or label you as. To some, you might be another ban, mute, warn, trouble maker, bitch, slut, annoyance, liar, manipulator, hypocrite, selfish or worthless person but behind the computer you are so much more than that. Forget all the people that try to make you think that this server determines your life or self worth. It is pathetic and unnecessary how some do this and I am tired of it. We can all be good people and you should always be willing to give people second chances, but to some who have bullied me and done me wrong so many times, you are the negative people that I never want to ever have in my life ever again.

That is all. Have a good day and be kind to each other.

- Joseph c:

jenn, SirNugget, Superfrog and 20 others like this.
  2. _Magical

_Magical Pokémon trainer

Took many words straight from my mouth!
    [​IMG]

katlynn, mochi, Xcel and 2 others like this.
  3. KokichiOma

KokichiOma Ultimate Supreme Leader Donator

Minecraft:
    Unprepossessing (MappyTurtle)
    I'm not going to comment on much, but most people enjoy their Staff rank and actually take it for what it is; a rank to help others.
    Even if you did not enjoy, doesn't give you a right to express your feelings for us all.
    Myself for an example, I love helping people here and I love helping people in general. Much like you, I don't have a right to claim for the entire Staff but I know a lot of Staff who love their position and genuinely love to help.

This is all I am going to say. I do not agree with much on your thread, but opinions are opinions, as you have stated.

>If people refuse to keep this thread civil, posts may be deleted and thread may even be locked. If you think a post has gone overboard, please report it. Thanks and have fun >u>

Xandalf, Miner, PhantomStar and 11 others like this.
  4. Joseph10003

Joseph10003 hi. Donator

Minecraft:
    RetroJoey
    You are obviously one of the staff members that does take their rank seriously. I personally think you do a good job if I had to be honest.

Like I said though, there is a lot of unfairness in this community. Some staff to me don't deserve their rank, but like you said, this is just my opinion and you don't have to agree with it.

Last edited: May 27, 2016
  5. YFIOTR

YFIOTR Donator

Minecraft:
    YFIOTR
    About server popularity, I agree with it going downhill. I think it went downhill when j/h stopped posting videos on server games (and stoped showcasing the new ones). It gives off the vibe that the sever is not fun enough to record on for them, and that reflects on the community.

Yea, everyone talks crap about others. Staff are just like everyone else, so it happens. If it's ever really bad, admins are available via pm. However, just like you said with random people harassing you and ignoring it, if a staff member is getting on your nerves, ignore him/her.

Yea friends come and go here. I've had many instances when people haven't stuck, but I'm glad because now I know who really is my friend.

Though there's no point thinking about who's messed with you or not doing their job because that only makes you salty. It's best to do your own thing and improve yourself.

:)

6. MC_Scout

MC_Scout Fearless Leader Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    MC_Scout
    You know I wanted to rip this post apart, but I cant. Your point about getting your self worth from the server is so true. Fucking preach. Thats the Joseph I like to see. Someone that wants to bulid people up.

However the way you did that was by, once again, shiting on the staff team.
    Someone has to say it? Someone's said it, actually multiple people have said it, and its getting old. Look I know the staff team is not perfect, maybe even corrupt to a degree. But that's how most organizations are. Its best to learn that and deal with it. Is it irritating, yes, but that does not matter.
    You don't like the staff team, and that's fine. But this kind of thread is what starts drama, and I know that term has no weight anymore, but in this case it's true.

safoya299, Braixen and Joseph10003 like this.
  7. YFIOTR

YFIOTR Donator

Minecraft:
    YFIOTR
    I'm sorry for making another post, but i reread the thread and wanted to address the "expression of opinions" part.

Everyone is allowed to state their opinion to an extent. When you start harassing and (as MC_ scout said) unnecessarily crapping on people, then threads are locked and warned. There's always a way to address a situation fully without going over the line.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall hearing staff have to get permission from admins to lock controversial threads. If that's true, then that's good improvement.

In the past, I remember locking the staff stalking thread after posting something controversial. That was really dumb and people got angry. That can't happen anymore.

However, sometimes another staff member posts after a thread is locked and posted on by one staff member (and I think a lot if it is for the last word and likes because those posts at the end are like machines). So many of us have created posts where we are about to post and then boom, the thread gets locked: a waste of time creating the post. I think after lock posts from staff should not be allowed. If what they need to say is really important, they can ask the first staff member to edit it into his/her post.

And even if you don't like the closing post, then oh well. Staff always gets the last word and everyone is just gonna have to deal with it.

Also, this thread is an example of us having opinions. It hasn't gotten locked yet so give staff some credit.

Warden and Joseph10003 like this.
  8. Joseph10003

Joseph10003 hi. Donator

Minecraft:
    RetroJoey
    I've only made another thread about it because yet again the issues that people have with the server and staff team aren't being fixed.

Disphxrial likes this.
  9. blamecoopa

blamecoopa how did i get here? Donator

Minecraft:
    blamecoopa
    Wow... Some of the things that you said in here about bullying and ignoring the bully, that's great advice.

This might sound crazy, but you should write a book. Like, seriously.

Joseph10003 likes this.
  10. stupid

stupid sawah Donator

this actually made me tear up joseph, oh my god
    you're seriously my favorite person here, i appreciate everything you do for this server and it amazes me how you stay so true to yourself and honest even though it might get you in trouble

i respect you so much and im extremely happy to have a friend like you, thank you for making this thread

stanateez and Joseph10003 like this.
  11. Joseph10003

Joseph10003 hi. Donator

Minecraft:
    RetroJoey
    No problem. Thank you for being one of my best friends on here and just helping me with so many things. I'm glad that you appreciate this thread so much. Also, thank you so much for the nice words, they mean a lot.

Disphxrial and stupid like this.
  12. mochi

mochi t̶̀h̶e̵ ̷̧͝c̵̨á̢t͘ Donator

I agree with literally all of this.
    sorry for the really short post
    I have no idea what else to say

Joseph10003 likes this.
  13. Smg

Smg Retired | Also known as 'Phaithful' Donator

Minecraft:
    Phaithful_
    Preach.

Joseph10003 likes this.
  14. Krewlex

Krewlex Donator

Minecraft:
    XenonHD / Krewlex
    You have this thing about yourself where you degrade people and call it an opinion. You've done this so many times. Before being staff, during staff and now after staff. How do you not understand? How do you tell someone to do something that can not be fixed over night? This is literally exam month and so is the next one. It's inconsiderate of you to do with over and over when you know what happens in staff.
    You're so open about opinions, so here is another. You deserved the demotion and these threads should stop. You wanna know why? I think everyone literally forgot you were a staff member, because when you were, you never said any of this to anyone. You never suggested ideas to make things better. You were and still are apart of the problem. Everyone is. Stop pinpointing it on staff. Grow up.

These threads aren't welcomed. By making them, you not only make the staff look bad, but the community. You guys are apart of this too.

/c

capsa, Ayg, Darkstorm77 and 24 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.