Resignation / IJAH Staff Departure

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by TreeKillerMan, Jun 18, 2017.

1. TreeKillerMan

TreeKillerMan shamone Donator

Minecraft:
    TreeKillerMan
    Hey there. So, back in January of 2016 (I think it was the 4th?), I got accepted as a helper. That was part of the promotion wave with a few other staff who've resigned now... sadly. Shoutout to Zackery, Slevin and Tayahs I believe it was. They were great staff. Anyway, this is just a thread to sort of elaborate on some of the reasons why I chose to resign.

Firstly though, no I'm not leaving IJAH. I still value this place and enjoy coming here, because I made some friends and memories here. After all, I did waste spend nearly two years on this website! Probably though, I won't be on Minecraft much, which I'll explain.

Working on IJAH & Minecraft

Simply, I just don't have the interest for working on IJAH that I had, well, a year ago. Sometimes reading 80% of the appeals and reports that come through daily are just horrific, dealing with 9 year olds just gets boring. Partially why I do thank the active and hard working staff we have today, and to be honest they deserve a lot of notice for it! Of course, not everything you have to deal with is pathetic so don't get the wrong idea; I really enjoyed working as staff. It's just that it can get irritating, and when I have very important things to sort out in real life like finals exams, I just don't feel like spending such useful time on Minecraft doing this. Of course, being staff always has its fun and hilarious moments because after all, it is just a game!

If you're someone who wants to be staff now, just go for it. Sounds really cheesy, but it's not like it will effect your life or anything. Don't take staff so seriously also, it's good to have a focus and want to do everything right but try to enjoy yourself still. It's still important to keep a balance between real life and this server. Some other staff have actually said about becoming a helper is way too difficult, which I definitely agree with. In the helper role, there's honestly no bad you can do to the server. Each to their own, but having to do interviews and write up a big application sounds excessive to me for a Minecraft server. It's so easy to demote a player, and with the server dying in terms of players there's no harm done.

Real Life

So, I'm currently finishing high school (or secondary school for us Brits) and I've done most of my examinations for it. This means it's coming to the point where I need to start considering my future, if I'm continuing with school, what college/university, which job etc etc.

Basically, I'm at a stage where significant focus needs to be applied to real life now, but that doesn't mean I'm leaving IJAH. I probably won't play Minecraft much, but I still love the forum board here. It was just that in order to set my mind right, I needed to resign from here to have something to stop thinking about.

Thanks admins and owners (I won't bother tagging y'all, you know who you are!) for not demoting me for my inactivity lately, and for giving me the opportunity to do staff here. It was a fun experience overall, and I learned a lot.

Also, thanks to the staff that supported me and Electric for inspiring me to actually apply. His account is dead now, but I'm still gonna thank him.

Lastly, thanks to the non-staff that supported me too. Appreciate it!

(yeah, I know I'm bad at writing stuff.)

2. Contemptible

Contemptible | Former Mοd | Donator

Minecraft:
    --
    Thanks for everything, it was appreciated. You were one of the people who supported me my first run and in my return. You did great and I hope you do good in life

3. tence3000

tence3000 Donator

Minecraft:
    tence3000
    We completely understand, everyone has to move on some day.
    But you did a good job while you were here and it's good your gonna stay here on the forums.
    Thanks for your service and good luck with college and university when it comes!

Loocy, Username and TreeKillerMan like this.
  4. TheMint

TheMint Former Mod+ Donator

Minecraft:
    TheMint
    You got promoted when I resigned, and now you're resigning too ;-;
    Thanks for your service Tree, you were an excellent job and I hope you enjoyed doing it.
    Shine on you :')

Username, TreeKillerMan and tence3000 like this.
  5. ZeusV

ZeusV Former Moderator Donator

Minecraft:
    ZeusV
    Thanks for everything, Tree.
    You were the funniest staff ever :')
    I'll miss you.

Username, tence3000 and TreeKillerMan like this.
  6. dreamvlle

dreamvlle resigned Donator

Minecraft:
    bedazzledblunt
    even though we haven't communicated much,
    you'll definitely be missed!! thank you for everything.

7. Jacob_

Jacob_ Donator

You will be missed but your career is more important. :)

8. Lethalities

Lethalities Donator

Minecraft:
    Lethalities
    Thanks for everything you did for the server, but as always, put real life first :P

9. Stolas

Stolas waffles > pancakes Donator

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    Tree, although I never talked to you, I can tell people needed you around. I hope you get on the server when you can!

And as Lethal said, keep real life first.

Kind regards,
    Expe

10. John_0696

John_0696 Donator

Thanks so much for your help on J&H, And for being a good friend of course. :) I fully understand why you didn't want to be staff cause I was in that similar situation before.

Anyways, Good luck on school and I'll be looking forward to seeing you on the server whenever you come on. c:

11. Racingman1

Racingman1 Beatles Fan I Premium Rank I Person Donator

Minecraft:
    Racingman1
    I knew about this before anybody else.
    anyway goodluck yeaheyaheyah have a nice life blahblahblah
    can you @ me in the post tho

Username likes this.
  12. Rivenze

Rivenze Donator

You were an amazing Staff member!
    Thank you for everything!

Mookey, Username and TreeKillerMan like this.
  13. dinoceros

dinoceros Donator

you didn't thank me! i had the first post on your profile and i was the one who begged you to make this forums account! we're no longer friends!

jokes aside
    thanks for everything, tree.

it's rare that i reply to these kinds of threads or that i actually mention resignations if it's not for the former staff list, but what you have done on this server is insane.

you put a lot of dedication and time on this server, probably more than most staff members. you were probably one of the staff members i loved the most. you didn't do the job for the popularity. you did it because you loved the server and wanted to help the community and the server as a whole.

you were a better staff member than i or most people on this community could've ever been.

YFIOTR, tence3000, Smg and 2 others like this.
  14. Squabble

Squabble slumped Donator

You were an awesome staff member bud, just remember that.

tence3000 and TreeKillerMan like this.
  15. thesaber903

thesaber903 Mabelen / Editor Donator

You were an amazing mod. I will honestly miss you and your hard work for the server. Take care bud.

TreeKillerMan likes this.
  16. t3mptr3s

t3mptr3s ~ Emotional Support Staff Member ~ Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    t3mptr3s
    I can't say that I know you well but kudos for recognizing that you needed a shift in priorities. Good luck in the future and with whatever you do.

17. Joeyy

Joeyy Silly Goose of the year 2022 Donator

Minecraft:
    jeowee
    Ahh dude pls.

We didn't talk much, and I can remember only having one or two conversations on TeamSpeak. From that experience, you were honestly one of the most relaxed, heads down and kindest people I've met since I was promoted. I honestly hope the future treats you well dude. Thanks for everything, and stay boss lad.

18. Trisssy

Trisssy Tris | Aussie | Donator

Minecraft:
    Trisssy
    You were amazing, Thank you so much!

19. teknicolour

teknicolour min Donator

Minecraft:
    minnish
    Thanks for everything, you were an amazing staff member. Best wishes and good luck with your real life stuff!

20. bor4

bor4 ex-Mod Donator

Minecraft:
    bor4
    I start this server 1 year ago but I didn't see you. But I know that most you have helped people, You made them happy. Many thanks for good heart. i hope, You did choose this decision with You not regret. this look by good: You should take a break, And you to look at life. You should take your drink and have a good time on the beach :grin::grin:. anyway. thanks for everything :smile: